ECT Rightly Dividing

john w

Hall of Fame
Jerry, I told you to be careful with Zechariah, because God makes it clear to Zechariah that if the Jews retuned to Him, He would return to them.

I get that you Dispies love Zech 14, it's probably your favorite chapter in the OT.

Zech 14 is very diffulcult. However, Zech 14:8 speaks of living water, and Jesus made it clear that living water was the Holy Spirit.

Therefore, that tells me that Zech 14 is not literal, since living water symbolizes the Holy Spirit.

(John 7:39) (When he said "living water," he was speaking of the Spirit, who would be given to everyone believing in him. But the Spirit had not yet been given, because Jesus had not yet entered into his glory.)

(Zech 14:8) On that day living water will flow out from Jerusalem, half of it east to the Dead Sea and half of it west to the Mediterranean Sea, in summer and in winter.

So, as we see above, Zech 14:8 does not mean that literal rivers with literal "living water" will happen.

So, you can keep quoting verses from Zech 14, and keep pounding your chest and claiming they haven't happened yet, but I know they were fulfilled in Christ Jesus, and are NOT yet future events.

His satanic, deceitful "answer" to all prophetic, literal events/people... in the bible:

"but I know they were fulfilled in Christ Jesus"-Craigie Tet.

He devlishly employs that stock answer to the future land promises, while, at the same time, asserts that the land promises were, in the OT, literally fulfilled.

john w

Hall of Fame
Jesus clearly gave you the meaning of "Living Waters".

Do you not believe what Jesus said about Living Waters?

Well, Mayor, STP-Tettie stumped us again, with his....

"Do you not believe what Jesus said (fill in the blank of anything the Saviour said)" stumper, "trump card."

Next up: Don't you believe the bible/Paul/God...................?

Clown.

SaulToPaul 2

Exactamundo,Mayor. The Preterist punk continually brings up his Zech. 14 "Ace in the Hole," we challenge him on the surrounding verses, and he "scurries like a cockroach when the light is shined upon" him.

AD 70ists have a fantasy interpretation compelsion. Wonder what causes that?

SaulToPaul 2

Well, Mayor, STP-Tettie stumped us again, with his....

"Do you not believe what Jesus said (fill in the blank of anything the Saviour said)" stumper, "trump card."

Next up: Don't you believe the bible/Paul/God...................?

Clown.

Maybe Tet, the Great Gap Theorist, will prove to us that "Jesus" was referring to Zechariah?

SaulToPaul 2

Tet, the Great Gap Theorist, ridicules dispensationalists for believing in a gap in Daniel 9.

Yet, he inserts a HUGE gap here.

Daniel 11:43 But he shall have power over the treasures of gold and of silver, and over all the precious things of Egypt: and the Libyans and the Ethiopians shall be at his steps.

Daniel 11:44 But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many.

Daniel 11:45 And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.

GAP

Daniel 12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

Daniel 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Daniel 12:3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

john w

Hall of Fame
Zechariah 14:8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.

Zechariah 14:9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

Zechariah 14:10 All the land shall be turned as a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem: and it shall be lifted up, and inhabited in her place, from Benjamin's gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate, and from the tower of Hananeel unto the king's winepresses.

Zechariah 14:11 And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.

noTetosterone: You are in denial....'All the land shall be turned....And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited' is figurative/allegorical/hyperbolic/fulfilled in Christ Jesus....Don't you believe the bible?...Dispensationalism is a mess....Darby....of the flesh.......God will never dwell in 'man made' land, a 'man made' Jerusalem....Bullinger.....Teenie bob girl 'invented' dispensationalism....Anderson....Dispensationalists have no answer for...............Darby.................Is 1000 hills literal?.................Darby.................... ....You're in denial...I was a dispensationalist for 25 years....I was a mess....Don't you believe "Jesus?".................

Cricket....cricket....cricket...

john w

Hall of Fame
Maybe Tet, the Great Gap Theorist, will prove to us that "Jesus" was referring to Zechariah?

Top 10 answers on the board:

1. Fulfilled AD 70.
2. Fulfilled in Christ Jesus.
3.Dispensationalism is a mess.
4. You really think (fill in the blank) is literal?
5. Darby....Bullinger....John Nelson Darby....Anderson...
6.You are in denial.
7. No one taught (fill in the blank) until Fred Flintstone taught it at a rock concert/bible class in Bedrock, to Pebbles and Bam Bam.
8.Darby...Darby...Darby...Jubel...Jubel...Jubel....
9. Er, no....
10. "The Greek...Hebrew" says.....even though I cannot spell very well...

Survey says.....................

john w

Hall of Fame
Zechariah 14:9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

Tet:Fulfilled....Darby....Not literal....Darby....Hyperbole..Darby....Metaphor....Darby......figurative....Darby...

No, Craigie, the "default" presupposition/assumption, is literal, not "figurative, an allegory, a hyperbole," as you spam. That is how rational, reasonable people approach interpreting the book, vs. your mysticism. Your approach necessitates that the resurrection is merely "figurative, allegorical, a hyperbole," and perverts the gospel of Christ, and you get "steam rolled" by non believers, that believe that there is no such thing as the physical(by definition) rising of the dead.

Tet: Darby....Dispensationalism is a mess....Darby....Josephus says....Wikipedia says....Darby............

Danoh

My fellow Mid-Acts Dispy, Tambora;

I've not held a view on this issue one way or the other, never having examined it until recently.

Though doing so is not so difficult - when one invests a lot of time in the Word. Later, as a result of that, when some issue comes up, then all that previous time in the Word turns out to have resulted in the storing up in one's soul, many things from Scripture that contribute their relevant information, when needed. This is a common feature of memory.

That is, if one is actually out to examine a thing - not simply out, as the likes of Jerry and Tel ever are - out to prove others wrong, there is no room for these two for actual, objective re-examination of a thing.

Reading what you posted, in light of my recent reflections on this issue, in light of all that Word stored up simply through time in the Word, for that is all that is required; the following comes to mind, off the top of my head, at this point.

If Israel's New Covenant promises not only that God He will enable them to keep His Law; but also, that He will remember their sins no more, Heb. 8:8-13; what will they need to remember any of that, let alone, their sins, anymore for?

A memorial is "until I come" and is meant to keep one's perspective focused til then, but the Spirit will enable them from that point forward, John 1: 12-13.

It appears to me yours, dear sis, is a case there of Mid-Acts Jerry-ism. Where some thing was taught; it appeared to make sense in the absence of other things not considered, was accepted as sound, and for so long, that it came to be taken for granted as is, rather than re-examined afresh every so often.

Interplanner kind of reminds Tel of that kind of a no longer examining a thing afresh within their own school, for example, challenging Tel - their school's Jerry - to no avail.

It does not appear that Israel will be the one to need to hold to the above, rather, those of the nation's remaining at His return and their offspring, in the Millennium, without their gate, as the Lord rules with a rod of iron, til that last rebellion, after which He then hands it all back unto the Father, including "the sting of death" itself, that "the Law" 1 Cor. 15, will once more demand, Ezek. 18: 19-20, see below.

Note these issues in the following...

Isaiah 2:

1. The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem.
2. And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
3. And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
4. And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
5. O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the LORD.

Isaiah 61:

4. And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations.
5. And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers.
6. But ye shall be named the Priests of the LORD: men shall call you the Ministers of our God: ye shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves.

Isaiah 66:

23. And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.
24. And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

Zechariah 8:

21. And the inhabitants of one city shall go to another, saying, Let us go speedily to pray before the LORD, and to seek the LORD of hosts: I will go also.
22. Yea, many people and strong nations shall come to seek the LORD of hosts in Jerusalem, and to pray before the LORD.
23. Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying,
We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.

Zechariah 14:

16. And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
17. And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.

Israel's Prophesied Grace - that will enable the their Priesthood: at the Lord's return - Revelation 1:

4. John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;
5. And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
6. And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
7. Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Revelation 5:

7. And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.
8. And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.
9. And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
10. And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Revelation 22:

12. And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
13. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
14. Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
15. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Personally, I don't mind being challenged on these issues. I just don't see the likes of some on here as really able to, as they consistently manifest not only a bias set in stone, but no sense of questions in search of objectivity.

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

When someone has an irrational fascination with a group of non-christians and does not have faith that God will complete his promises as he intended them, you have to come up with some pretty bizarre theologies to fit God in the box you have constructed for him.

It is the preterists who do not believe that God will complete His promises. Since people have no place for the fulfillment of this promise in your eschatology you must not believe that it will ever be fulfilled:

"I will gather all the nations to Jerusalem to fight against it; the city will be captured, the houses ransacked, and the women raped. Half of the city will go into exile, but the rest of the people will not be taken from the city. Then the Lord will go out and fight against those nations, as he fights on a day of battle. On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem" (Zech.14:2-6).​

Then to make matters worse you refuse to even discuss this passage. All you want to do is run and hide from this passage while insisting that it really isn't important!

john w

Hall of Fame
Tet, the Great Gap Theorist, ridicules dispensationalists for believing in a gap in Daniel 9.

Yet, he inserts a HUGE gap here.

Daniel 11:43 But he shall have power over the treasures of gold and of silver, and over all the precious things of Egypt: and the Libyans and the Ethiopians shall be at his steps.

Daniel 11:44 But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many.

Daniel 11:45 And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.

GAP

Daniel 12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

Daniel 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Daniel 12:3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

The deceiver knows that there are many time "Gaps" in the book. He knows it, as do most reasonable members of the boc, who are not even of the "dispensational persuasion. But, that does not stop him from spamming deceitful "arguments," in hypocrisy, and sophistry.

Danoh

At least the teaching of Dispensationalists does not shift from day to day...

Nonsense.

Mid-Acts - when it is consistent - continues to refine its understandings... towards continued re-emergence of what was lost and or clouded over by the traditions of men, through the wisdom their own ignorance replaced the truth with, Rom. 11:25

Scripture alone...resulted in...

Faith alone...which led to the distinction between...

Law and Grace...which led to the distinction between...

Israel and the Body...which led to the distinction between...

Pre-Trib Gathering & Trib's 2nd Advent...which led to the distinction between...

Peter's Apostleship and Paul's Apostleship...which led to the distinction between...

Israel's New Covenant Life and the Body's Grace Life...

That last one [at this time] still lost on many within Mid-Acts.

I also see another one, yet future [out of any possible others], but I will not go into it, as this is not the proper thread...

HisServant

It is the preterists who do not believe that God will complete His promises. Since people have no place for the fulfillment of this promise in your eschatology you must not believe that it will ever be fulfilled:

"I will gather all the nations to Jerusalem to fight against it; the city will be captured, the houses ransacked, and the women raped. Half of the city will go into exile, but the rest of the people will not be taken from the city. Then the Lord will go out and fight against those nations, as he fights on a day of battle. On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem" (Zech.14:2-6).​

Then to make matters worse you refuse to even discuss this passage. All you want to do is run and hide from this passage while insisting that it really isn't important!

No.. we do not believe in YOUR INTERPRETATION of the promises.

Just like the JEWS did not believe their INTERPRETATIONS of the prophesies/promises around their Messiah and why they had Jesus killed.

I contend that you have the exact same blindness that the Jews had.... its your way or the highway..

God has/will fulfill his promises as HE INTENDED... not the way you demand that he do.

Jerry Shugart

No.. we do not believe in YOUR INTERPRETATION of the promises.

Then why do you refuse to give us your interpretation of Zechariah 14:2-6?

If you know that my interpretation is in error then you must think that you know the correct interpretation.

But all you do is to give excuses why you refuse to give us your interpretation.

You employ the tactics of a con man.