ECT Rightly Dividing

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
tet or anybody - show me/us where animal sacrifices for sin will take place again -

where -

when -

by who -

for how long ~ how many times

where is it written -

?
?

Dispensationalism teaches that Ezekiel's temple is a future temple.

They teach that Ezekiel's prophecies are for Israel, and will be fulfilled in the yet future.

(Ezk 45:17) It will be the duty of the prince to provide the burnt offerings, grain offerings and drink offerings at the festivals, the New Moons and the Sabbaths—at all the appointed festivals of Israel. He will provide the sin offerings, grain offerings, burnt offerings and fellowship offerings to make atonement for the Israelites.

The writer of Hebrews makes it clear in Hebrews chp 9 that Christ's one time sacrifice for sin was for all time. Yet, Dispensationalists ignore what is written in Hebrews, and claim that the events in Ezekiel 44:17 will all take place in the yet future, including animal sacrifices for sin atonement.

Dispensationalism is a mess !!!

HisServant

Sometimes those Darbyites go out on their trampolines and jump up and down. They call it "rapture practice".

I think it just makes them dizzy.

There eschatology is about as correct as these signs..

fark_i44M6qJshThTJJNx3v6mE3NnbGE.jpg

fark_q0M3D7Wxk9GWWGtb7LxVxT5fcqE.jpg

In spite of all these dispensationalist prognosticating and proven wrong... their flocks still allow them to teach instead of running them out of town.

Jerry Shugart

There eschatology is about as correct as these signs..

The eschatology of Dispensationalists is correct. For instance, we place the fulfillment of the following event in the future:

"For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east" (Zech.14:2-4).​

Do you sgree with your buddy tet that this was fulfilled in the first century?

tet was unable to give any evidence to support his assertion. Perhaps you can convince us that it really happened in the first century.

What evidence can you give?

HisServant

The eschatology of Dispensationalists is correct. For instance, we place the fulfillment of the following event in the future:

"For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east" (Zech.14:2-4).​

Do you sgree with your buddy tet that this was fulfilled in the first century?

tet was unable to give any evidence to support his assertion. Perhaps you can convince us that it really happened in the first century.

What evidence can you give?

I believe the manner of the fulfillment and your fixation on it is not compatible with the lives that the Holy Spirit calls us to live.

What you going to do when you find out you have wasted most of the life God has granted to you straining at gnats and not doing the works he prepared for you from the foundation of the world?

Danoh

Lol - recently found an Acts 3 Hyper Dispensationalist.

The guy posted "water baptism was something that had its roots in Judiasm and is not necessary after Pentecost."

"___ was something that.... and is not necessary after ____" - that is Dispy lingo, lol.

Talk about "lazy eyes" in one's studies - that poster has obviously ended up as clueless as a blind man staring towards his own reflection in a crystal clear mirror.

How about that, though - an Acts 3 Hyper, lol

Jerry Shugart

I believe the manner of the fulfillment and your fixation on it is not compatible with the lives that the Holy Spirit calls us to live.

What you going to do when you find out you have wasted most of the life God has granted to you straining at gnats and not doing the works he prepared for you from the foundation of the world?

Why did you not answer my questions?

Are you ashamed of your beliefs?

Again, do you think that the following event happened in the first century?:

If not then when did it happen? And please give any evidence that you can give to support your idea that it has already happened.

Danoh

Dead center bulls-eye! Give this man a star!

Well said.

Danoh

If not then when did it happen? And please give any evidence that you can give to support your idea that it has already happened.

Yeah, that must be it - person after person, person after person, person after person - for decades now - has concluded this exact conclusion about you.

And that's why - because you are never wrong, its all about you, everyone should cow-tow to you, but everyone is simply ashamed of their beliefs.

You and your kind are one collective, delusional fool - the Jerry-at-tricks.

You warning sign is ever the same - "Hi..." and "...of course we know that...," yada, yada...

HisServant

I'm not ashamed of what I believe... I believe there are more important things to do in this life than waste it like you and your ilk do.

As Surgeon said.... Dispensationalists are of no earthly good to Christianity because they have their eyes to the sky waiting for things that may never happen instead of getting on with the business of actually being Christians.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
As Surgeon said.... Dispensationalists are of no earthly good to Christianity because they have their eyes to the sky waiting for things that may never happen instead of getting on with the business of actually being Christians.

It's even worse than that.

Dispies go on and on about how bad the world has to become so their eschatology can happen. Then at the same time, Dispies (especially the Christian Right) try to stop abortions, gay weddings, etc.

So, on one hand the Dispies tell everyone the world has to get really bad so their rapture can happen, but on the other hand the Dispies are trying to stop the world from getting really bad.

Dispensationalism is a mess.

Jerry Shugart

I'm not ashamed of what I believe... I believe there are more important things to do in this life than waste it like you and your ilk do.

Of course you are. How else can it be explained that you refuse to tell us when the following happened?:

You refuse to say when it happened and you refuse to give any evidence that it has already happened. And then you say that you are not ashamed of your beliefs even though it is obvious that you do not want to tell us when it happened.

If I was ashamed of my beliefs I would abandon my previous beliefs and start all over using a different approach.

HisServant

Of course you are. How else can it be explained that you refuse to tell us when the following happened?:

You refuse to say when it happened and you refuse to give any evidence that it has already happened. And then you say that you are not ashamed of your beliefs even though it is obvious that you do not want to tell us when it happened.

If I was ashamed of my beliefs I would abandon my previous beliefs and start all over using a different approach.

Because I don't find when it happened to be of any importance to Christianity!

Why do you continue to waste your time defending something that has no eternal significance?

I am only following scripture...

New International Version
1Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the command of God our Savior and of Christ Jesus our hope,

2To Timothy my true son in the faith:

Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.

Timothy Charged to Oppose False Teachers

3As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain people not to teach false doctrines any longer 4or to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. Such things promote controversial speculations rather than advancing God’s work—which is by faith. 5The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. 6Some have departed from these and have turned to meaningless talk. 7They want to be teachers of the law, but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm.

8We know that the law is good if one uses it properly. 9We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, 10for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine 11that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me.

Paul warned Timothy about people like you!!! And I must take Paul's warning seriously.

Myths and endless genealogies are the life blood of Roman Catholics and Dispensationalists beliefs.

Jerry Shugart

It's even worse than that.

At least the teaching of Dispensationalists does not shift from day to day and we are not ashamed of out teaching. On the other hand, first you say that the following event was "conditional" and it would never happen. And then just a little later you said that it happened in the first century:

Then when I asked you to give your evidence that it happened in the first century you did not even attempt to give any evidince, proving that you are ashamed of the evidence which you think you have. Why else would you not share your evidence with us?

Last edited:

HisServant

At least the teaching of Dispensationalists does not shift from day to day and we are not ashamed of out teaching. On the other hand, first you say that the following event was "conditional" and it would never happen. And then just a little later you said that it happened in the first century:

Then when I asked you to give your evidence that it happened in the first century you did not even attempt to give any evidince, proving that you are ashamed of the evidence which you think you have. Why else would you not share your evidence with us?

Jesus and John stated that that event would happen shortly.. even during the lifetimes of the audiences they were speaking to/writing to.

It's not our job to explain away their teachings by changing the meanings of their words to suit our needs.

If Jesus said it would be fulfilled... by golly, it was fulfilled! How it was fulfilled is not for us to question!

You also seem bound and determined to interpret a piece of scripture that was written in the Jewish apocalyptic style and apply literal translation principles to it... which is beyond asinine.... its ignorant.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Jerry, I told you to be careful with Zechariah, because God makes it clear to Zechariah that if the Jews retuned to Him, He would return to them.

I get that you Dispies love Zech 14, it's probably your favorite chapter in the OT.

Zech 14 is very diffulcult. However, Zech 14:8 speaks of living water, and Jesus made it clear that living water was the Holy Spirit.

Therefore, that tells me that Zech 14 is not literal, since living water symbolizes the Holy Spirit.

(John 7:39) (When he said "living water," he was speaking of the Spirit, who would be given to everyone believing in him. But the Spirit had not yet been given, because Jesus had not yet entered into his glory.)

(Zech 14:8) On that day living water will flow out from Jerusalem, half of it east to the Dead Sea and half of it west to the Mediterranean Sea, in summer and in winter.

So, as we see above, Zech 14:8 does not mean that literal rivers with literal "living water" will happen.

So, you can keep quoting verses from Zech 14, and keep pounding your chest and claiming they haven't happened yet, but I know they were fulfilled in Christ Jesus, and are NOT yet future events.