rep war 3

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
So? If you edit a post within a certain time frame it doesn't show up. I know this and undoubtedly you do as well. If you didn't edit you didn't but it's downright bizarre how it suddenly just disappeared like that. Not quickly enough for it not to be noticed and commented on obviously but still...
You are correct, but seeing as how there were many other posts since and I had logged out and then back in it would have shown that I had if I had.

Uh, you were asked the question first LH. You answer that and I'll answer yours. Do you deny that you're privy to higher rep power when in SOOT's? Yes or no?
I already told you that club and what goes on is none of your business, and you agreed. Also you didn't ask a question, you made an assumption based on absolutely nothing.

Oh please, this is pathetic. You're seriously trying to say you're on part IV of a thread supposedly *about* rep because the first lot crashed?! :freak: The more logical explanation is that they've gone on so long that another needs to be created (Like the 'what are you listening to now' threads and aCW's epic borefest WHMBR!)
They crashed because they went on too long. But that's neither here nor there.

Don't play people for suckers LH, they're not as dumb as you might like to think. It's pretty obvious what that thread is 'about' and it isn't for musing on the rep system.

:plain:
Then prove it isn't.

Arthur Brain

You are correct, but seeing as how there were many other posts since and I had logged out and then back in it would have shown that I had if I had.

Hmm, if you were editing words then yes, I'm not convinced this would apply to images as long as there's still something there, plus everyone who quoted your screen cap has lost that too...still...

I already told you that club and what goes on is none of your business. And you didn't ask a question, you made an assumption based on absolutely nothing.

Well, I did ask you a question but it's telling you don't give a flat out 'no' as if it wasn't the case that would be a very easy response to make. Your reticence to answer speaks enough in itself.

They crashed because they went on too long. But that's neither here nor there.

Right, so it wasn't anything to do with 'spam' then. Also, why on earth would you want to *talk* about rep for four whole threads?!

:liberals:

Then prove it isn't.

I don't need to. It's already obvious - and has been for some time that people in SOOTS have rep privileges that the rest of the forum community don't have. I'm far from the only one who's noticed it LH. You'd be better off simply conceding it. Your 'screen cap' only served to highlight it to the public forum.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Hmm, if you were editing words then yes, I'm not convinced this would apply to images as long as there's still something there, plus everyone who quoted your screen cap has lost that too...still...
Then try it. Post an image, quote it then delete it from the original post. I promise it will remain in the quote.

Well, I did ask you a question but it's telling you don't give a flat out 'no' as if it wasn't the case that would be a very easy response to make. Your reticence to answer speaks enough in itself.
If you want to ask a question try phrasing it in the form of a question.

Also, why would you suppose I would even know something like that?

That's two questions I now have for you:

1. Why would you assume such?
  2. Why would you think I would know if it were so?

Right, so it wasn't anything to do with 'spam' then. Also, why on earth would you want to *talk* about rep for four whole threads?!

:liberals:
I never said it didn't also have to do with that. But there is a separate thread for that as you saw, so...

And then there's the fact that I never said what it is we discuss regarding rep.

I don't need to. It's already obvious - and has been for some time that people in SOOTS have rep privileges that the rest of the forum community don't have. I'm far from the only one who's noticed it LH. You'd be better off simply conceding it. Your 'screen cap' only served to highlight it to the public forum.

1. How is it obvious?
  2. How did my screen cap highlight anything? There is no record of how many points each rep is worth.

Oh, please. Then you broke the link from your hosting site, or some other method was used to make it disappear.

Why quibble?
Artie no brain brought it up. I don't actually care what happened to it.

Arthur Brain

Then try it. Post an image, quote it then delete it from the original post. I promise it will remain in the quote.

Well, anna's answered this. If you broke the link to your hosting site then the image would disappear as it would for everyone actually quoting your post.

If you want to ask a question try phrasing it in the form of a question.

Also, why would you suppose I would even know something like that?

Hmm, my first was a question and so was this: "Do you deny that you're privy to higher rep power when in SOOT's? Yes or no?"

So I'm not sure where you're getting the notion that you weren't asked a question.

Secondly - you would know these things being part of SOOTS. Bizarre that you would even make such a statement as the above, let alone be so reticent to flat out deny it if it weren't actually true.

That's two questions I now have for you:

1. Why would you assume such?
  2. Why would you think I would know if it were so?

Logic and common sense. There is no way that certain rep scores can be accumulated to such a huge extent within a short frame of time with regular use of the rep system. The scoring system renders it impossible - unlike the time of RATO when it was completely different and reps were worth thousands of points. QED.

Your second inquiry was already answered.

I never said it didn't also have to do with that. But there is a separate thread for that as you saw, so...

What thread would that be? The SOOTS 'Spam Shack' thread? I remember a comment about a 'rep rampage' or did I just imagine that as well? If I did others noticed it also...:think:

And then there's the fact that I never said what it is we discuss regarding rep.

What on earth could you be *talking* about rep to make it last to the current fourth installment? Seriously, do you honestly think people are so gullible not to have put two and two together even before you were silly enough to screen cap your rep page? :doh:

1. How is it obvious?
  2. How did my screen cap highlight anything? There is no record of how many points each rep is worth.

Your first has been answered. Rep doesn't accrue as exponentially under regular use in such a short frame of time. It's impossible.

As regards your second; Nobody said it did highlight actual rep points but it highlighted what was already suspected by many as it is.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
I apologize. I apologize Angel4Truth for anything that I may have said which offended you in any way. Please forgive me.

I would also like to apologize to Knight, Delmar, the rest of the moderators, TOL and all the members of TOL. Please forgive me for anything that I have said which has been offensive in any way regarding Angel4Truth.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Well, anna's answered this. If you broke the link to your hosting site then the image would disappear as it would for everyone actually quoting your post.
How do you break a link?

Hmm, my first was a question and so was this: "Do you deny that you're privy to higher rep power when in SOOT's? Yes or no?"
No, you "wagered." You then asked the question after I asked my question. So I asked first. Therefore my questions still stand: "How would I know?" And "Why do you assume I would be?"

So I'm not sure where you're getting the notion that you weren't asked a question.
See above.

Secondly - you would know these things being part of SOOTS. Bizarre that you would even make such a statement as the above, let alone be so reticent to flat out deny it if it weren't actually true.
There are a lot of benefits I have of which I am unaware. Knight has never said anything about us having special rep privileges while behind the proverbial closed doors. And neither has any other moderator or administrator.

Logic and common sense. There is no way that certain rep scores can be accumulated to such a huge extent within a short frame of time with regular use of the rep system. The scoring system renders it impossible - unlike the time of RATO when it was completely different and reps were worth thousands of points. QED.
Completely untrue.

Your second inquiry was already answered.
And I responded.

What thread would that be? The SOOTS 'Spam Shack' thread? I remember a comment about a 'rep rampage' or did I just imagine that as well? If I did others noticed it also...:think:
That was a comment from a single person to me which bears no meaning except that they, in particular, were giving out rep in what they called a rampage. I have no control over other people.

What on earth could you be *talking* about rep to make it last to the current fourth installment? Seriously, do you honestly think people are so gullible not to have put two and two together even before you were silly enough to screen cap your rep page? :doh:
That's none of your business, remember?

Your first has been answered. Rep doesn't accrue as exponentially under regular use in such a short frame of time. It's impossible.
Just how much do you think my rep power goes up in there?

You mentioned something about thousands earlier, referring to RATO. When I give rep points go up by about 95/96, or so. And I am one of the top if you look at the members list and sort it by rep from top to bottom. I'm currently number 6. So my power would have to more than decuple to go up that high. Do you really think the restraints come off like that?

As regards your second; Nobody said it did highlight actual rep points but it highlighted what was already suspected by many as it is.
Which is what? That my friends give me rep? Stop drooling on your keyboard, moron.

zoo22

I'm talking about that screencap of yours which has now disappeared. Why did you delete it? Did you realize it wasn't exactly the smartest thing in the world to put up in a public thread?

I didn't edit my post.

He didn't ask you if you edited your post. You're pretending to answer him, knowing full well that you're not. You're just answering some other question.

He asked why you deleted the screen cap.

Did you delete the screencap?

If yes, why?

If no, who do you think did and why?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
He didn't ask you if you edited your post. You're pretending to answer him, knowing full well that you're not. You're just answering some other question.

He asked why you deleted the screen cap.

Did you delete the screencap?

If yes, why?

If no, who do you think did and why?
Why should I care?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I apologize. I apologize Angel4Truth for anything that I may have said which offended you in any way. Please forgive me.

I would also like to apologize to Knight, Delmar, the rest of the moderators, TOL and all the members of TOL. Please forgive me for anything that I have said which has been offensive in any way regarding Angel4Truth.

Eeset, this is a start, however, don't expect this to wash away what has been happening for months.

The handful of individuals who were involved in mocking Angel's tragedy as well as those who accused her of lying are responsible for emotionally wounding Angel to such an extent that it will not be soon forgotten.

For me, the very thought that there are actually other women (MOTHERS) who would maliciously attack a mother who has been emotionally shattered is mind boggling, and appalling.

In the future, IF you are unable to offer comfort, you need to remain silent.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Eeset, this is a start, however, don't expect this to wash away what has been happening for months.

The handful of individuals who were involved in mocking Angel's tragedy as well as those who accused her of lying are responsible for emotionally wounding Angel to such an extent that it will not be soon forgotten.

For me, the very thought that there are actually other women (MOTHERS) who would maliciously attack a mother who has been emotionally shattered is mind boggling, and appalling.

It's not a start for me, sorry.

I can't forget what Eeset's done over the course of many months here.

Angel has removed her avatar, her photo albums, her motto, just about everything that personalized her page and her posts, and I don't know what that means, whether she's taking a break or she's left, or what.

Eeset hasn't really apologized, she's offered one of those apologies that falls flat, because it's qualified. She's apologizing 'if' anyone was offended. She vindictively wounded a grieving mother, and for what? For what??

I'm completely shocked and disappointed that the management here didn't support Angel in this.

I'm disappointed that two of the three aggressors were banned and Eeset wasn't. She should have been.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER

It was my great hope that no one would comment further on this matter. Please heed your own advice and remain silent on it.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It was my great hope that no one would comment further on this matter. Please heed your own advice and remain silent on it.

And with one post, the *real* Eeset has returned.

No, I will not remain silent. YOU are responsible for most of what has happened. YOU were and are the ringleader.

Arthur Brain

How do you break a link?

Quite easily, as well you know. Things don't just 'disappear' for no reason, especially when other people had quoted your post as well.

No, you "wagered." You then asked the question after I asked my question. So I asked first. Therefore my questions still stand: "How would I know?" And "Why do you assume I would be?"

Nope. I said 'I wager' which as you're well aware is a figure of speech within a point of inquiry or else for that matter. This is just lame LH...why can't you give a direct answer to a very straightforward question?

See above.

I did. It was a pathetic deflection. Why can't you just answer "No"? It would be so simple if there were nothing to hide and you weren't trying to get out of lying as a response.

There are a lot of benefits I have of which I am unaware. Knight has never said anything about us having special rep privileges while behind the proverbial closed doors. And neither has any other moderator or administrator.

How can you be unaware of benefits which you claim to have?! :freak: Seriously LH, you need to look at what you post...

Completely untrue.

Er, no it isn't. There is no way that huge rep scores can accrue as they have within a short space of time under the normal use of the current rep system. The only way it worked that way for Chrys and myself at the time of RATO was because of the massive points you could give at the time. It was ridiculous.

And I responded.

Well, you typed out some words but it was hardly a response. :plain:

That was a comment from a single person to me which bears no meaning except that they, in particular, were giving out rep in what they called a rampage. I have no control over other people.

Oh, so there's no such thing as rep rampages then? You're completely ignorant of any such thing, is that right?

That's none of your business, remember?

Oh, I'm sorry. It really must be a fascinating topic to be on it's fourth thread if you are actually talking about rep instead of dispensing it behind the scenes...:rolleyes:

Just how much do you think my rep power goes up in there?

Well, two to three times more than the usual forum allocation I'd say, probably more the latter or higher really.

You mentioned something about thousands earlier, referring to RATO. When I give rep points go up by about 95/96, or so. And I am one of the top if you look at the members list and sort it by rep from top to bottom. I'm currently number 6. So my power would have to more than decuple to go up that high. Do you really think the restraints come off like that?

Er, yes I did, and I'm aware of how the rep system works currently in the public forums as well thanks. You will indeed "only" be able to dispense around ninety odd points in the public arena. Your point is what exactly? If my suspicions (and plenty others) are correct your rep points will be far more than that 'behind the scenes'.

Which is what? That my friends give me rep? Stop drooling on your keyboard, moron.

Er, no. Rather that you ill advisedly (albeit inadvertently) proved to many that the 'private club' exists and explains a great deal as to why
some people have such unrealistically high reps with SOOTS rep thread (IV)

zoo22

If I were able to leave neg rep for this comment right now, I'd say:

Oh gosh, please tell us more about your great hopes and how you'd like other people to remain silent.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Also, quit reporting Anna already.

You do NOT get to emotionally stomp all over a grieving mother and then play the victim.

You WANTED to harm Angel. Well, you got your wish. Do you feel better about yourself?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Also, quit reporting Anna already.

You do NOT get to emotionally stomp all over a grieving mother and then play the victim.

You WANTED to harm Angel. Well, you got your wish. Do you feel better about yourself?
Disappointing, but reporting people she'd just issued a blanket apology to makes it feel more like an attempt to negotiate...a conditional apology is no real admission. And coupling that with her assist on res' continuing bunny nonsense really isn't helping her case either.