ECT Question for everyone who says "There's only ONE gospel in the Bible"

marhig

Paul taught the SAME thing as John the baptizer taught and Jesus Christ himself.

Here is Paul:

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and then to the Gentiles, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds.

Here is John the baptizer preparing the way for Jesus:

Matthew 3:8 Produce fruit in keeping with repentance.

Here is Jesus Christ himself at the start of his earthly ministry, and after John was arrested:

Mark 1:14After the arrest of John, Jesus went into Galilee and proclaimed the gospel of God. 15“The time is fulfilled,” He said, “and the kingdom of God is near. Repent and believe in the gospel!”

The condition for the good news for all is to believe and repent of your sins.

That's great GT and it's the truth, as is your last post regarding the good news. And here's some more verses of Paul preaching repentance.

Acts 17:30

And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Acts 20:21

Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 7:9

Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing.

7:10

For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

The first word our Lord Jesus preached was repent, so repentance is important and it is preached in the one gospel, the gospel of God, that was preached by Christ Jesus and all his apostles including Paul.

And true repentance is to turn from sin and live by the will of God and this is to truly follow Jesus.

God's Truth

He was the Christ before the cross and resurrection. Christ means anointed.

What don't you get about Jesus coming to earth and having an earthly ministry telling the people the kingdom is near and to believe and repent of sins?

What don't you get about that and how he HAD TO shed his blood on the cross AND DIE?

What don't you get about the Holy Spirit was the promise and the way to the kingdom?

There is only one goods news that saves and it is the same one that Jesus and Paul taught.

marhig

One gospel according to Jesus, and the one gospel taught by all

Matthew 24:14And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.
Matthew 26:13Truly I tell you, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her.”
Mark 8:35For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me and for the gospel will save it.
Mark 10:29“Truly I tell you,” Jesus replied, “no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel
Mark 13:10And the gospel must first be preached to all nations.
Mark 14:9Truly I tell you, wherever the gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her.”
Mark 16:15He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.
Acts 8:25After they had further proclaimed the word of the Lord and testified about Jesus, Peter and John returned to Jerusalem, preaching the gospel in many Samaritan villages.
Acts 8:40Philip, however, appeared at Azotus and traveled about, preaching the gospel in all the towns until he reached Caesarea.
Acts 14:7where they continued to preach the gospel.
Acts 14:21[ The Return to Antioch in Syria ] They preached the gospel in that city and won a large number of disciples. Then they returned to Lystra, Iconium and Antioch,
Acts 15:7After much discussion, Peter got up and addressed them: “Brothers, you know that some time ago God made a choice among you that the Gentiles might hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe.
Acts 16:10After Paul had seen the vision, we got ready at once to leave for Macedonia, concluding that God had called us to preach the gospel to them.
Romans 1:1Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God—
Romans 1:2 the gospel he promised beforehand through his prophets in the Holy Scriptures
Romans 1:9God, whom I serve in my spirit in preaching the gospel of his Son, is my witness how constantly I remember you
Romans 1:15That is why I am so eager to preach the gospel also to you who are in Rome.
Romans 1:16For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.
Romans 1:17For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”
Romans 11:28As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies for your sake; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs,
Romans 15:16to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles. He gave me the priestly duty of proclaiming the gospel of God, so that the Gentiles might become an offering acceptable to God, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:19by the power of signs and wonders, through the power of the Spirit of God. So from Jerusalem all the way around to Illyricum, I have fully proclaimed the gospel of Christ.
Romans 15:20It has always been my ambition to preach the gospel where Christ was not known, so that I would not be building on someone else’s foundation.

...and many more.
Yes again that's the truth, and Paul was a minister of the same gospel that Christ Jesus said was to be preached to every creature.

Mark 16

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Colossians 1

And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister

marhig

Paul teaches the same thing that Jesus taught:

Romans 13:10 Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

Romans 13:8
Be indebted to no one, except to one another in love, for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the Law.

Galatians 5:14
The entire Law is fulfilled in a single decree: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

James 2:8
If you really keep the royal law stated in Scripture, "Love your neighbor as yourself," you are doing well.

Love is the fulfillment of the law means you are obeying everything that Jesus taught.

Yes, and Christ Jesus taught the same

Matthew 22

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

God's Truth

That's great GT and it's the truth, as is your last post regarding the good news. And here's some more verses of Paul preaching repentance.

Acts 17:30

And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Acts 20:21

Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 7:9

Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing.

7:10

For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

The first word our Lord Jesus preached was repent, so repentance is important and it is preached in the one gospel, the gospel of God, that was preached by Christ Jesus and all his apostles including Paul.

And true repentance is to turn from sin and live by the will of God and this is to truly follow Jesus.

Those are excellent scriptures that further prove what is so important and missing in the teaching about Jesus.

This faith alone thing is keeping many from ever being saved, and hindering the rest.

My life and my family's life would have been so different for the better if that was the teaching, the gospel.

I want to help people know the truth and am an enemy of the devil.

People misunderstand faith without works, they think it means faith without obedience, when in fact Paul is speaking of faith without the purification works of the law.

The people used to have to do works to clean themselves just to go to the temple to be where God's Spirit was.

Since Jesus shed his blood on the cross, it is now what purifies the person and atones for their soul.

God's Truth

Yes again that's the truth, and Paul was a minister of the same gospel that Christ Jesus said was to be preached to every creature.

Mark 16

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Colossians 1

And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister

That is exactly right. It is the same gospel. It is the same covenant. Paul says plainly that he is a minster of it.

The people here accuse Paul of nullifying what Jesus said and did; they think it is good that we don't have to obey and are condemned if we do. They say Jesus was to the Jews not for us. They fail to see that Jesus came first for those who already belonged to God by faith, and the Jews who did not already have faith in God were cut off and hardened while Jesus walked the earth; and when he is crucified, then all can come to Jesus to be saved. The old covenant was not based on faith, it was based on circumcision and the other purification/ceremonial works. God cut off and hardened the Jews who did not also have faith. Jesus said that when he is crucified, then all can come to him to be saved, even the Jews who were hardened and cut off while he walked the earth. The Jews who did not have faith were bound over to the same place as the Gentiles of disobedience.

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all Israel know with certainty that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ!” 37 When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and asked Peter and the other apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?” 38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Romans 11:23 And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.

John 12:40
"He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, so they can neither see with their eyes, nor understand with their hearts, nor turn--and I would heal them."

Romans 11:32 For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

God's Truth

Yes, and Christ Jesus taught the same

Matthew 22

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

That is exactly right.

But many people here fail to understand what it means that loving your neighbor is fulfillment of the law. They fail to understand that loving your neighbor is doing them no harm and it is how you obey the commands of God such as do not murder, do not commit adultery, bear false witness, steal...

If you are loving your neighbor by not harming him, then you are obeying the commands "Do not ___".

If you do something against your neighbor, OR ANY HUMAN BEING, then you are harming them and not loving them and you are guilty of breaking the whole love of love your neighbor by doing them no harm.

So does that mean that many people are obeying God? Yes, to a point. Are they really loving and not harming though? Do they gossip in a hateful way? Do they even love their own family members and truly care about them? Do they hear about Jesus and reject him?

How can anyone get that not obeying is obeying? Faith alone is dead.

Right Divider

Body part
What don't you get about Jesus coming to earth and having an earthly ministry telling the people the kingdom is near and to believe and repent of sins?

What don't you get about that and how he HAD TO shed his blood on the cross AND DIE?

What don't you get about the Holy Spirit was the promise and the way to the kingdom?

There is only one goods news that saves and it is the same one that Jesus and Paul taught.
Christ means anointed. What don't you get about that?

Right Divider

Body part
That is exactly right.

But many people here fail to understand what it means that loving your neighbor is fulfillment of the law.
Ever the subtle TWISTER of God's Word.

Matt 22:37-40 (AKJV/PCE)
(22:37) Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. (22:38) This is the first and great commandment. (22:39) And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. (22:40) On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

You left out the most important thing. That figures.

God's Truth

(22:37) Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. (22:38) This is the first and great commandment. (22:39) And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. (22:40) On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

You only have accusations. Prove what you are saying and explain yourself.

Show where I said something wrong.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Yeppers.

john w

Hall of Fame

Mark 16

That is the gospel of the kingdom, the good news as pertaining to the coming kingdom of heaven upon the earth, as "as the days of heaven upon the earth"(Deuteronomy 11:21 KJV) are restored, commencing with the arrival of the King, the restorer, and that is not equivalent with the gospel of Christ, the good news as pertaining to salvation, the foundation being the death, burial, and resurrection, as outline in 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, or else, if we are reasonable, rational(Isaiah 1:18 KJV) students, you would have "saint" Judas preaching, per Luke 9:6 KJV....

"Hey, everyone!!! Christ is going to die for our sins...be buried...raised again, for our justification!!!! Believe this good news, to be saved!!!! Well, gotta go.....My broker tells me to accumulate silver!!!!"

"Gospel" merely means "good news." The context tells us what good news is in view, as there is plenty of good news in the book, and not all of it has to do with salvation, or the boc.

Last edited:

turbosixx

He was the Christ before the cross and resurrection. Christ means anointed.

I've been doing some reading and I stand corrected. The DBR does not make him the Christ but does fulfill what the Christ was to do to become our savior.

Thanks for challenging me.

I guess I should have said the good news is Jesus is the Christ and his DBR is what saves us.

marhig

I've been doing some reading and I stand corrected. The DBR does not make him the Christ but does fulfill what the Christ was to do to become our savior.

Thanks for challenging me.

I guess I should have said the good news is Jesus is the Christ and his DBR is what saves us.

Well from what I've read, Jesus was born and came into this world to bare witness to the truth, not for the sole purpose be murdered by wicked men. Christ saves us through the word of God, through the ministry of reconcilation and we are saved through him, we are saved by his life not his death, through faith by the grace of God.

The death God wants to see is death to ourselves, and our flesh buried and Christ raised in our hearts. That's the true DBR. And that's the resurrection that saves us.

glorydaz

Well from what I've read, Jesus was born and came into this world to bare witness to the truth, not for the sole purpose be murdered by wicked men. Christ saves us through the word of God, through the ministry of reconcilation and we are saved through him, we are saved by his life not his death, through faith by the grace of God.

The death God wants to see is death to ourselves, and our flesh buried and Christ raised in our hearts. That's the true DBR. And that's the resurrection that saves us.

We are reconciled to God through His death. There would be no resurrection without His death.