ECT Question for everyone who says "There's only ONE gospel in the Bible"

marhig

That is the gospel of the kingdom, the good news as pertaining to the coming kingdom of heaven upon the earth, as "as the days of heaven upon the earth"(Deuteronomy 11:21 KJV) are restored, commencing with the arrival of the King, the restorer, and that is not equivalent with the gospel of Christ, the good news as pertaining to salvation, the foundation being the death, burial, and resurrection, as outline in 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, or else, if we are reasonable, rational(Isaiah 1:18 KJV) students, you would have "saint" Judas preaching, per Luke 9:6 KJV....

"Hey, everyone!!! Christ is going to die for our sins...be buried...raised again, for our justification!!!! Believe this good news, to be saved!!!! Well, gotta go.....My broker tells me to accumulate silver!!!!"

"Gospel" merely means "good news." The context tells us what good news is in view, as there is plenty of good news in the book, and not all of it has to do with salvation, or the boc.
And the gospel of God brought to us by Christ Jesus is the good news.

marhig

We are reconciled to God through His death. There would be no resurrection without His death.
We are, but there isn't only natural death. He was dead to the flesh, and we are saved by his life. Death doesn't save, life saves.

glorydaz

We are, but there isn't only natural death. He was dead to the flesh, and we are saved by his life. Death doesn't save, life saves.

He came to die.

Had he not gone to the cross, we would not be reconciled to God.
We would still be at enmity with God.

You do realize He died for our sins, don't you?

1 Corinthians 15:3For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

Therefore, we would have NO HOPE of salvation without His work on the cross.

marhig

He came to die.

Had he not gone to the cross, we would not be reconciled to God.
We would still be at enmity with God.

You do realize He died for our sins, don't you?

1 Corinthians 15:3For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

Therefore, we would have NO HOPE of salvation without His work on the cross.
According to Jesus, this is what he was born and came into this world for and came here to do!

John 18

To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice

glorydaz

According to Jesus, this is what he was born and came into this world for and came here to do!

John 18

To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice

Ah, that sounds really good, doesn't it?

This as He stands before Pilate accused of being the King of the Jews.

So what is this TRUTH, Jesus is talking about? Pilate asks, why don't you?

I'll tell you.......That He came to die.

John 18:31-39 Then said Pilate unto them, Take ye him, and judge him according to your law. The Jews therefore said unto him, It is not lawful for us to put any man to death: 32 That the saying of Jesus might be fulfilled, which he spake, signifying what death he should die. 33 Then Pilate entered into the judgment hall again, and called Jesus, and said unto him, Art thou the King of the Jews? 34 Jesus answered him, Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or did others tell it thee of me? 35 Pilate answered, Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me: what hast thou done? 36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. 37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
38 Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all. 39 But ye have a custom, that I should release unto you one at the passover: will ye therefore that I release unto you the King of the Jews?​

marhig

Ah, that sounds really good, doesn't it?

This as He stands before Pilate accused of being the King of the Jews.

So what is this TRUTH, Jesus is talking about? Pilate asks, why don't you?

I'll tell you.......That He came to die.

John 18:31-39 Then said Pilate unto them, Take ye him, and judge him according to your law. The Jews therefore said unto him, It is not lawful for us to put any man to death: 32 That the saying of Jesus might be fulfilled, which he spake, signifying what death he should die. 33 Then Pilate entered into the judgment hall again, and called Jesus, and said unto him, Art thou the King of the Jews? 34 Jesus answered him, Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or did others tell it thee of me? 35 Pilate answered, Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me: what hast thou done? 36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. 37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
38 Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all. 39 But ye have a custom, that I should release unto you one at the passover: will ye therefore that I release unto you the King of the Jews?​

No the truth is that Jesus is the Christ, the son of the living God. And he has brought us a new and living way to follow through him, he came a perfect example and showed us how to live before the living God, preaching the word of God in truth, and those who are of the truth hear his voice and they follow him.

glorydaz

No the truth is that Jesus is the Christ, the son of the living God. And he has brought us a new and living way to follow through him, he came a perfect example and showed us how to live before the living God, preaching the word of God in truth, and those who are of the truth hear his voice and they follow him.

Cool....just make things up as you go along instead of believing Scripture.

God's Truth

Well from what I've read, Jesus was born and came into this world to bare witness to the truth, not for the sole purpose be murdered by wicked men. Christ saves us through the word of God, through the ministry of reconcilation and we are saved through him, we are saved by his life not his death, through faith by the grace of God.

The death God wants to see is death to ourselves, and our flesh buried and Christ raised in our hearts. That's the true DBR. And that's the resurrection that saves us.

Jesus came to show us the way, and then shed his blood on the cross.

marhig

Cool....just make things up as you go along instead of believing Scripture.
Then believe the scriptures GD, Jesus said he was born and came into this world to bare witness to the truth, and Paul says that we are saved by the grace of God through faith. And I believe them.

marhig

Jesus came to show us the way, and then shed his blood on the cross.
We are saved by the grace of God through faith. We are saved by life not death. Death doesn't save, life saves.

Jesus was saving before he died, he saved by the word of God through the gospel and by his life he was living by the will of God, living and saving daily as he bore witness to the truth.

And we are saved through him, through his life not his death. I'm not going to get into this with you again, and l on and on, I know this is the truth GT. And I know that I have to obey God, live by his will and endure to the end to be eternally saved. And it's all done through Christ Jesus.

God's Truth

We are saved by the grace of God through faith.

Faith that his blood shed on the cross washes away the sins we repent.

We are saved by life not death. Death doesn't save, life saves.

Jesus was saving before he died, he saved by the word of God through the gospel and by his life he was living by the will of God, living and saving daily as he bore witness to the truth.

No one was made perfect and holy until he shed his blood on the cross.

And we are saved through him, through his life not his death. I'm not going to get into this with you again, and l on and on, I know this is the truth GT. And I know that I have to obey God, live by his will and endure to the end to be eternally saved. And it's all done through Christ Jesus.

I will speak the truth whenever I can.

marhig

Faith that his blood shed on the cross washes away the sins we repent.

No one was made perfect and holy until he shed his blood on the cross.

I will speak the truth whenever I can.

I've spoken to you about the blood of Christ before. There's no point in me going over it again. I don't see it as you do.

Salvation is through life and light, through the word of God spoken in the gospel of God as preached and lived out by Jesus Christ and his apostles, by the grace of God through faith and we are to live by the will of God to enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Anyway I'm off, my daughter is coming here in a minute, speak soon :)

God's Truth

I've spoken to you about the blood of Christ before. There's no point in me going over it again. I don't see it as you do.

Salvation is through life and light, through the word of God spoken in the gospel of God as preached and lived out by Jesus Christ and his apostles, by the grace of God through faith and we are to live by the will of God to enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Anyway I'm off, my daughter is coming here in a minute, speak soon :)

Have a good time.

I just don't remember what you said before about the blood of Christ.

We have to believe though that it washes us.

It is about what Jesus says, and not what man or woman would like him to say instead.

glorydaz

Then believe the scriptures GD, Jesus said he was born and came into this world to bare witness to the truth, and Paul says that we are saved by the grace of God through faith. And I believe them.

I do believe the Scripture....all of it. Not just bits and pieces.

You can't even say what that truth is, but you double down on it. Why?

Jesus said this. Which means He came to die. Yet you argue. :think:

Matthew 20:28
Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

It is written....

Isaiah 53:10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.​

And Paul says many things, like we are to have faith in His blood. For some odd reason, your understanding is limited to a verse or two, and you aren't interested in learning anything more. Your growth will be stunted if you keep that up.

God's Truth

Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

It is written....

Isaiah 53:10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.​

And Paul says many things, like we are to have faith in His blood. For some odd reason, your understanding is limited to a verse or two, and you aren't interested in learning anything more. Your growth will be stunted if you keep that up.

Why are you using Matthew now when you say it wasn't to us?

The whole Bible is to us and for us.

marhig

Have a good time.

I just don't remember what you said before about the blood of Christ.

We have to believe though that it washes us.

It is about what Jesus says, and not what man or woman would like him to say instead.
I do believe the words of Jesus

John 3

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 5

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

No need for any death there, the only death God wants to see is the death of our fleshly lusts and that happens as we obey God through the Spirit living by his will, we are saved by the word of God through faith by the grace of God, through Christ Jesus, we are saved by his life.

Right I'm off :)

marhig

It is written....

Shame you don't follow all of it, as you don't listen to the teachings of Jesus only Paul!