ECT Question for everyone who says "There's only ONE gospel in the Bible"

God's Truth

I do believe the words of Jesus

John 3

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 5

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

No need for any death there, the only death God wants to see is the death of our fleshly lusts and that happens as we obey God through the Spirit living by his will, we are saved by the word of God through faith by the grace of God, through Christ Jesus, we are saved by his life.

Right I'm off :)

Jesus is the Lamb. The Lamb had to be sacrificed. Why do you go against the sacrifice of the Lamb?

John 1:29 [ John Testifies About Jesus ] The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

John 1:36 When he saw Jesus passing by, he said, “Look, the Lamb of God!”

Revelation 5:6 Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

Revelation 5:8 And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of God’s people.

Revelation 7:17 For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; ‘he will lead them to springs of living water.’ ‘And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.’”

Revelation 14:4 These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they remained virgins. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among mankind and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb.

Revelation 14:10 they, too, will drink the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb.

Revelation 15:3 and sang the song of God’s servant Moses and of the Lamb: “Great and marvelous are your deeds, Lord God Almighty. Just and true are your ways, King of the nations.

Revelation 19:9 Then the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!” And he added, “These are the true words of God.”

Revelation 21:23 The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp.

Revelation 22:1 [ Eden Restored ] Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb

Revelation 22:3 No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him.

marhig

Jesus is the Lamb. The Lamb had to be sacrificed. Why do you go against the sacrifice of the Lamb?

John 1:29 [ John Testifies About Jesus ] The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

John 1:36 When he saw Jesus passing by, he said, “Look, the Lamb of God!”

Revelation 5:6 Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

Revelation 5:8 And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of God’s people.

Revelation 7:17 For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; ‘he will lead them to springs of living water.’ ‘And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.’”

Revelation 14:4 These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they remained virgins. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among mankind and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb.

Revelation 14:10 they, too, will drink the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb.

Revelation 15:3 and sang the song of God’s servant Moses and of the Lamb: “Great and marvelous are your deeds, Lord God Almighty. Just and true are your ways, King of the nations.

Revelation 19:9 Then the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!” And he added, “These are the true words of God.”

Revelation 21:23 The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp.

Revelation 22:1 [ Eden Restored ] Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb

Revelation 22:3 No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him.

I agree with all that, but Jesus was a living sacrifice, he was dead to the flesh and alive in God, he sacrificed his whole life to live by the will of God, he denied the flesh, denied satan, and lived completely by the will of the father. He obeyed the fathers every word, and bore witness to the truth, and preached the gospel and he saves all those who truly believe in him and believe in the word of God through faith by the grace of God and those who truly follow Jesus will also live by the will of God through him.

It doesn't say in the Bible that we have to believe in Jesus dying on the cross to be saved or that we have to have faith in the cross, but that we have to believe in Jesus Christ and that he was raised from the dead, and have faith in the living God and live by his will, and I do through Christ Jesus.

God didn't need Jesus to die on a wooden cross to save, he needed him to be dead to the flesh to save and that's exactly what he was, dead to the flesh and alive in God preaching the word of truth and life and those who believe in him are saved from this world of sin and death through the power of the Spirit. His words are Spirit and they are life. No need for him to die to save. He lived to save, he was saving in his lifetime.

I'm looking at my baby grandson and he is innocent, the world hasn't corrupted him, he's got no interest in the things of the world, and this is the innocence that Christ had, being dead to this world it had nothing in him, satan couldn't touch him, he was a pure living sacrifice, a pure lamb of God who laid down his life to live by the will of God and bring us a new and living way.

Anyway, my daughter is here, I've got lots to do, I'm definitely going now. :)

turbosixx

Well from what I've read, Jesus was born and came into this world to bare witness to the truth, not for the sole purpose be murdered by wicked men. Christ saves us through the word of God, through the ministry of reconcilation and we are saved through him, we are saved by his life not his death, through faith by the grace of God.

The death God wants to see is death to ourselves, and our flesh buried and Christ raised in our hearts. That's the true DBR. And that's the resurrection that saves us.

Yes, his life was/is important but I suggest his DBR is of most importance. As others have said, without it there is no reconciliation.

Jesus told the 12 he must be killed.
Matt. 16:21 From that time Jesus began to show his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and on the third day be raised.

He came into the world to willingly offer his body. His blood is the only thing that will forgive our sins.
Heb. 10:4 For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

5 Consequently, when Christ came into the world, he said,
“Sacrifices and offerings you have not desired,
but a body have you prepared for me;

6 in burnt offerings and sin offerings
you have taken no pleasure.
7 Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come to do your will, O God,
as it is written of me in the scroll of the book.’”

8 When he said above, “You have neither desired nor taken pleasure in sacrifices and offerings and burnt offerings and sin offerings” (these are offered according to the law), 9 then he added, “Behold, I have come to do your will.” He does away with the first in order to establish the second. 10 And by that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

His death is something that he doesn't want us to ever forget. So much so that he instituted the Lord's supper.
Luke 22:17 And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he said, “Take this, and divide it among yourselves. 18 For I tell you that from now on I will not drink of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes.” 19 And he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.”

Mk. 14:22 And as they were eating, he took bread, and after blessing it broke it and gave it to them, and said, “Take; this is my body.” 23 And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, and they all drank of it. 24 And he said to them, “This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many.

Right Divider

Body part
I've been doing some reading and I stand corrected. The DBR does not make him the Christ but does fulfill what the Christ was to do to become our savior.

Thanks for challenging me.

I guess I should have said the good news is Jesus is the Christ and his DBR is what saves us.
Indeed, the gospel of the grace of God cannot be proclaimed without the cross.

1Cor 2:2 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:2) For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

The 12 never once preached the "good news" of the cross prior to the cross. The "good news" of the cross was not preached until Paul started preaching it.

glorydaz

Shame you don't follow all of it, as you don't listen to the teachings of Jesus only Paul!

Just when I thought you couldn't get any more ignorant, you have to prove me wrong. :chuckle:

I listen to all the teachings of Jesus....both when He walked among us, and after He had risen.

Unlike you, though, I understand the difference between law and grace, and all the changes the CROSS actually accomplished. You remain in the dark.

God's Truth

I agree with all that, but Jesus was a living sacrifice, he was dead to the flesh and alive in God, he sacrificed his whole life to live by the will of God, he denied the flesh, denied satan, and lived completely by the will of the father. He obeyed the fathers every word, and bore witness to the truth, and preached the gospel and he saves all those who truly believe in him and believe in the word of God through faith by the grace of God and those who truly follow Jesus will also live by the will of God through him.

It doesn't say in the Bible that we have to believe in Jesus dying on the cross to be saved or that we have to have faith in the cross,

The Bible does say we have to believe in Jesus' shed blood on the cross.

but that we have to believe in Jesus Christ and that he was raised from the dead, and have faith in the living God and live by his will, and I do through Christ Jesus.

God didn't need Jesus to die on a wooden cross to save,

You are speaking against the truth.

he needed him to be dead to the flesh to save and that's exactly what he was, dead to the flesh and alive in God preaching the word of truth and life and those who believe in him are saved from this world of sin and death through the power of the Spirit. His words are Spirit and they are life. No need for him to die to save. He lived to save, he was saving in his lifetime.

I'm looking at my baby grandson and he is innocent, the world hasn't corrupted him, he's got no interest in the things of the world, and this is the innocence that Christ had, being dead to this world it had nothing in him, satan couldn't touch him, he was a pure living sacrifice, a pure lamb of God who laid down his life to live by the will of God and bring us a new and living way.

Anyway, my daughter is here, I've got lots to do, I'm definitely going now. :)

You preach against the scriptures and it can easily be remedied.

Repent for believing and preaching against the truth.

It is not so hard to do, it is easy.

Jesus DIED for our SINS:

Isaiah 53:7 says, "He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth."

Isaiah 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

Isaiah 53:12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he has poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Romans 5:10 For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!

Ephesians 2:16 and in one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility.

Colossians 1:20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

Colossians 1:22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation—

Do you really want to keep believing someone false and go against the Truth?

God's Truth

Indeed, the gospel of the grace of God cannot be proclaimed without the cross.

1Cor 2:2 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:2) For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

The 12 never once preached the "good news" of the cross prior to the cross. The "good news" of the cross was not preached until Paul started preaching it.

You are stubborn.

What don't you get about Jesus coming to earth and giving the rules and regulations to HIS LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT/COVENANT?

Jesus is FULL OF GRACE and he CAME WITH GRACE.

He gave the rules, the commands, for his covenant, and then he died FOR HIS COVENANT.

God's Truth

Just when I thought you couldn't get any more ignorant, you have to prove me wrong. :chuckle:

I listen to all the teachings of Jesus....both when He walked among us, and after He had risen.

Unlike you, though, I understand the difference between law and grace, and all the changes the CROSS actually accomplished. You remain in the dark.

You are the one in the dark going against Jesus' words for the world.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
God didn't need Jesus to die on a wooden cross to save, he needed him to be dead to the flesh to save and that's exactly what he was, dead to the flesh and alive in God preaching the word of truth and life and those who believe in him are saved from this world of sin and death through the power of the Spirit. His words are Spirit and they are life. No need for him to die to save. He lived to save, he was saving in his lifetime.

And there you have it folks, Marhig doesn't believe the cross was necessary.

Yet Jesus rebukes her, for as recorded in Matthew 26:

Then Jesus came with them to a place called Gethsemane, and said to the disciples, [JESUS]“Sit here while I go and pray over there.” [/JESUS] And He took with Him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and He began to be sorrowful and deeply distressed. Then He said to them, [JESUS]“My soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even to death. Stay here and watch with Me.”[/JESUS] He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, [JESUS]“O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will.”[/JESUS] Then He came to the disciples and found them sleeping, and said to Peter, [JESUS]“What! Could you not watch with Me one hour? Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”[/JESUS] Again, a second time, He went away and prayed, saying, [JESUS]“O My Father, if this cup cannot pass away from Me unless I drink it, Your will be done.”[/JESUS] And He came and found them asleep again, for their eyes were heavy. So He left them, went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words. Then He came to His disciples and said to them, [JESUS]“Are you still sleeping and resting? Behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of Man is being betrayed into the hands of sinners. Rise, let us be going. See, My betrayer is at hand.”[/JESUS] - Matthew 26:36-46 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew26:36-46&version=NKJV

Marhig vehemently says, "NO! The cross wasn't necessary!"

Yet Jesus said, "If there is any other way, Father, please don't make Me do this, but if there is NO OTHER WAY, not My will, but Yours be done."

Marhig, REPENT of your blasphemy.

Wick Stick

Ok, I'll bite. While there can be many gospels, there is just one THE GOSPEL that was preached by Jesus and Peter and yes, even Paul.

And that gospel - THE GOSPEL - is that God is present, and available, and works in and through men.

This gospel is in opposition to the long held Jewish belief in a God who was aloof, separated from man, residing far away, and who we hoped might someday somehow come back and set things straight.

Now that I say it, it sounds to me like that wasn't just a Jewish thing. Plenty of Christians sitting and waiting, and praying that the God who went away will come back.

john w

Hall of Fame
And there you have it folks, Marhig doesn't believe the cross was necessary.

Yet Jesus rebukes her, for as recorded in Matthew 26:

Then Jesus came with them to a place called Gethsemane, and said to the disciples, [JESUS]“Sit here while I go and pray over there.” [/JESUS] And He took with Him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and He began to be sorrowful and deeply distressed. Then He said to them, [JESUS]“My soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even to death. Stay here and watch with Me.”[/JESUS] He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, [JESUS]“O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will.”[/JESUS] Then He came to the disciples and found them sleeping, and said to Peter, [JESUS]“What! Could you not watch with Me one hour? Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”[/JESUS] Again, a second time, He went away and prayed, saying, [JESUS]“O My Father, if this cup cannot pass away from Me unless I drink it, Your will be done.”[/JESUS] And He came and found them asleep again, for their eyes were heavy. So He left them, went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words. Then He came to His disciples and said to them, [JESUS]“Are you still sleeping and resting? Behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of Man is being betrayed into the hands of sinners. Rise, let us be going. See, My betrayer is at hand.”[/JESUS] - Matthew 26:36-46 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew26:36-46&version=NKJV

Marhig vehemently says, "NO! The cross wasn't necessary!"

Yet Jesus said, "If there is any other way, Father, please don't make Me do this, but if there is NO OTHER WAY, not My will, but Yours be done."

Marhig, REPENT of your blasphemy.

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...rked-exposed-identified&p=5184553#post5184553

marhig has been marked.......For all to observe....

Right Divider

Body part
Ok, I'll bite. While there can be many gospels, there is just one THE GOSPEL that was preached by Jesus and Peter and yes, even Paul.

And that gospel - THE GOSPEL - is that God is present, and available, and works in and through men.

This gospel is in opposition to the long held Jewish belief in a God who was aloof, separated from man, residing far away, and who we hoped might someday somehow come back and set things straight.

Now that I say it, it sounds to me like that wasn't just a Jewish thing. Plenty of Christians sitting and waiting, and praying that the God who went away will come back.
Jesus said that He will return and you don't believe Him?

God's Truth

Think of the time the magician who believed and how he had to repent.

13 Simon himself believed and was baptized. And he followed Philip everywhere, astonished by the great signs and miracles he saw.

18 When Simon saw that the Spirit was given at the laying on of the apostles’ hands, he offered them money 19 and said, “Give me also this ability so that everyone on whom I lay my hands may receive the Holy Spirit.”

20 Peter answered: “May your money perish with you, because you thought you could buy the gift of God with money! 21 You have no part or share in this ministry, because your heart is not right before God. 22 Repent of this wickedness and pray to the Lord in the hope that he may forgive you for having such a thought in your heart. 23 For I see that you are full of bitterness and captive to sin.”

God's Truth

Oh so that was Peter and you don't have to do what Peter says?

You only have to go by Paul?

Paul brings together old and new, through Jesus.

Paul brings together believe and obeying.

1 Corinthians 10 For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers and sisters, that our ancestors were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea. 2 They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea. 3 They all ate the same spiritual food 4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ. 5 Nevertheless, God was not pleased with most of them; their bodies were scattered in the wilderness.

6Now these things occurred as examples to keep us from setting our hearts on evil things as they did. 7Do not be idolaters, as some of them were; as it is written: “The people sat down to eat and drink and got up to indulge in revelry.”a 8We should not commit sexual immorality, as some of them did—and in one day twenty-three thousand of them died. 9We should not test Christ, as some of them did—and were killed by snakes. 10And do not grumble, as some of them did—and were killed by the destroying angel.

11These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the culmination of the ages has come. 12So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall! 13No temptationc has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

God's Truth

Romans 2:13 For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.

Romans 6:16 Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone to obey him as slaves, you are slaves to the one whom you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?

Romans 16:26 but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all nations might believe and obey him—

Hebrews 5:9 and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.