ECT Question for everyone who says "There's only ONE gospel in the Bible"

john w

Hall of Fame
It is not bad news to obey Jesus.

False dichotomy. It is not bad news to obey the Lord Jesus Christ, and His orders, as given through Paul,as a result of being saved, not be be saved, as this is sanctification, our "walk," out of gratitude, love, for what He did for us-but not to "earn" His approval, i.e., to be saved.

You are not to follow the Lord Jesus Christ, according to the flesh, i.e., his orders that were given to primarily the nation Israel, while He walked on earth.

Get saved.

God's Truth

False dichotomy.

You said it.
It is not bad news to obey the Lord Jesus Christ, and His orders,

Finally you admit it.

as given through Paul,as a result of being saved, not be be saved,

So now you say Jesus changed it? Show me where Jesus changed it.

Show me where Jesus tells Paul not to preach obey to be saved and to stay saved.

as this is sanctification,

Jesus sanctifies when he saves.

our "walk," out of gratitude, love, for what He did for us-but not to "earn" His approval, i.e., to be saved.

Jesus only saves those who love him, and we ONLY love him by obeying him.

You are not to follow the Lord Jesus Christ, according to the flesh, i.e., his orders that were given to primarily the nation Israel, while He walked on earth.

I am not to obey Jesus with my flesh?!

What other way is there?

Get saved.

I am saved.

God's Truth

Then repeat after me:

"I am forgiven all sins, saved and safe in Christ now and for all eternity. Nothing Satan, the world or I can do can ever change my justified position in Him."

What do these scriptures mean:

1 Corinthians 11:31
But if we were more discerning with regard to ourselves, we would not come under such judgment.

1 Timothy 3:6
He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil.

God's Truth

Explain these scriptures too: 2 Corinthians 13:5, 1 Corinthians 9:27, Romans 11:19-21, Galatians 4:19, 1 Corinthians 15:2, Romans 2:3?

God's Truth

More proof the Catholic can't actually claim that she's saved, as she said she was. What a liar.

What do these scriptures mean:

1 Corinthians 11:31
But if we were more discerning with regard to ourselves, we would not come under such judgment.

1 Timothy 3:6
He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil.

marhig

Just when I thought you couldn't get any more ignorant, you have to prove me wrong. :chuckle:

I listen to all the teachings of Jesus....both when He walked among us, and after He had risen.

Unlike you, though, I understand the difference between law and grace, and all the changes the CROSS actually accomplished. You remain in the dark.

Listening isn't enough, we are to do. We are to be doers of the word and not hearers only.

And Paul said "follow me as I follow Christ" so Paul followed Christ Jesus and listened to his teachings, and lived by them.

The teachings of Jesus are for everyone!

marhig

The Bible does say we have to believe in Jesus' shed blood on the cross.

You are speaking against the truth.

You preach against the scriptures and it can easily be remedied.

Repent for believing and preaching against the truth.

It is not so hard to do, it is easy.

Jesus DIED for our SINS:

Isaiah 53:7 says, "He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth."

Isaiah 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

Isaiah 53:12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he has poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Romans 5:10 For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!

Ephesians 2:16 and in one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility.

Colossians 1:20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

Colossians 1:22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation—

Do you really want to keep believing someone false and go against the Truth?
The cross isn't the wooden cross, it's the cross that Jesus bore and suffered as he lived by the will of God, the same cross that we are to take up if we are to truly follow him.

And Jesus baring our sins doesn't mean that he was crucified to save us. He came into this sinful flesh and bore or sins, suffered them to bare witness to the truth to save as many through the gospel by the word of God as he could, even suffering death on the cross at the hands of wicked men. We are saved through Christ, by the grace of God, through faith.

Jesus lived to save us, death doesn't save anyone, only life saves. When they killed Jesus they tried to put the light out. But the failed as darkness cannot overcome light. And now the light is back in the hearts of the children of God.

marhig

And there you have it folks, Marhig doesn't believe the cross was necessary.

Yet Jesus rebukes her, for as recorded in Matthew 26:

Then Jesus came with them to a place called Gethsemane, and said to the disciples, [JESUS]“Sit here while I go and pray over there.” [/JESUS] And He took with Him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and He began to be sorrowful and deeply distressed. Then He said to them, [JESUS]“My soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even to death. Stay here and watch with Me.”[/JESUS] He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, [JESUS]“O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will.”[/JESUS] Then He came to the disciples and found them sleeping, and said to Peter, [JESUS]“What! Could you not watch with Me one hour? Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”[/JESUS] Again, a second time, He went away and prayed, saying, [JESUS]“O My Father, if this cup cannot pass away from Me unless I drink it, Your will be done.”[/JESUS] And He came and found them asleep again, for their eyes were heavy. So He left them, went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words. Then He came to His disciples and said to them, [JESUS]“Are you still sleeping and resting? Behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of Man is being betrayed into the hands of sinners. Rise, let us be going. See, My betrayer is at hand.”[/JESUS] - Matthew 26:36-46 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew26:36-46&version=NKJV

Marhig vehemently says, "NO! The cross wasn't necessary!"

Yet Jesus said, "If there is any other way, Father, please don't make Me do this, but if there is NO OTHER WAY, not My will, but Yours be done."

Marhig, REPENT of your blasphemy.

You got that wrong! I didn't say he didn't have to suffer the cross, I said his death on the cross doesn't save us, he had to bare whatever was set before him, including the cross, endure it and overcome it and still bare witness to the truth to overcome the world and satan. And no matter what satan did to him, including crucifying him through wicked men, he showed love, mercy and forgiveness and this is how satan is overcome, evil is overcome by good. And Jesus was still saving right to the end, even though he was being murdered, he saved the thief and hopefully the centurion too. The love in his heart, was overcoming the evil works of satan. Satan couldn't get Jesus to sin, no matter what he did to him.

There's also something else, as well as those scriptures that you have quoted, Peter said to Jesus "this shouldn't happen to you Lord" and Jesus said, get behind me satan. Because Jesus had to suffer whatever was set before him, even the cross, this was his cup to bare. He couldn't have overcome satan if he didn't. God knew what satan would do to Jesus, and he foretold it in the prophets. And Jesus was willing to suffer it even the cross, to bare witness to the truth and save as many through the gospel as he could and overcome this world of sin and death.

We are not saved by the death of Jesus, we are saved by his life, we are saved through him, by the grace of God through faith.

Life saves not death.P

God's Truth

The cross isn't the wooden cross, it's the cross that Jesus bore and suffered as he lived by the will of God, the same cross that we are to take up if we are to truly follow him.

And Jesus baring our sins doesn't mean that he was crucified to save us. He came into this sinful flesh and bore or sins, suffered them to bare witness to the truth to save as many through the gospel by the word of God as he could, even suffering death on the cross at the hands of wicked men. We are saved through Christ, by the grace of God, through faith.

Jesus lived to save us, death doesn't save anyone, only life saves. When they killed Jesus they tried to put the light out. But the failed as darkness cannot overcome light. And now the light is back in the hearts of the children of God.

I go by what the scriptures say. The scriptures say we have to have faith that his blood washes us clean. I believe what the scriptures say and and it is clear. No one will dissuade me. The whole Bible flows together and you destroy that.

marhig

Ok, I'll bite. While there can be many gospels, there is just one THE GOSPEL that was preached by Jesus and Peter and yes, even Paul.

And that gospel - THE GOSPEL - is that God is present, and available, and works in and through men.

This gospel is in opposition to the long held Jewish belief in a God who was aloof, separated from man, residing far away, and who we hoped might someday somehow come back and set things straight.

Now that I say it, it sounds to me like that wasn't just a Jewish thing. Plenty of Christians sitting and waiting, and praying that the God who went away will come back.

Great post, God was among them in Christ, and is among us now in his people through Christ. Jesus Christ is the light of the world, and the gospel that he preached brings us to salvation, if we believe in him and believe the word of God in him and truly follow him and have faith.

marhig

Jesus is going to come again and give immortal physical bodies at the resurrection.
Jesus is here already changing us now, he is in the hearts of those who belong to God, covering their body of death, with his light and they are brought to life through him by the power of the Spirit.

Mortality swallowed up by immortality. Our mortal flesh, swallowed up by the life of Christ in and through us.

God's Truth

Jesus is here already changing us now, he is in the hearts of those who belong to God, covering their body of death, with his light and they are brought to life through him by the power of the Spirit.

Mortality swallowed up by immortality. Our mortal flesh, swallowed up by the life of Christ in and through us.

Again, I go by the written Word of God. Sounds like you picked and choose and cut up and threw out added and subtracted until you made for yourself a fake Bible and god.

marhig

I go by what the scriptures say. The scriptures say we have to have faith that his blood washes us clean. I believe what the scriptures say and and it is clear. No one will dissuade me. The whole Bible flows together and you destroy that.

I do believe that the blood of Christ washes away our sins, I've never said that I don't. I just don't believe that it's his natural blood from the natural cross that washes us clean. But rather the blood we drink from the cup he gave us to drink from and remember him by, the blood that we take when we drink from that cup is his life that we take within. And once we take from his cup, we will suffer with him to bare witness to the truth for his sake and to glorify God. Hoping that Christ through us can save as many as possible.