ECT Question for everyone who says "There's only ONE gospel in the Bible"

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So if you agree with those verses, how can you not believe that the gentiles who are circumcised of the heart are Jews inwardly?
Because in the Body of Christ, there is neither Jew nor Gentile, male nor female, slave nor free.

For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise. - Galatians 3:26-29 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians3:26-29&version=NKJV

Paul doesn't call us Christians "Jews" or "Israel." He calls us "Christ's."

God's Truth

Because in the Body of Christ, there is neither Jew nor Gentile, male nor female, slave nor free.

For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise. - Galatians 3:26-29 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians3:26-29&version=NKJV

So the scriptures about being a Jews inwardly is to be denied, as is the scripture about Abraham being the Gentiles father by faith?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

“And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them (gentile believers), and mercy, and upon the Israel of God (Jewish Remnant of believers).”
**Galatians‬ *6:16‬ *KJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/gal.6.16.kjv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So the scriptures about being a Jews inwardly is to be denied, as is the scripture about Abraham being the Gentiles father by faith?
Did I say to deny scripture? No.

You need to learn how to rightly divide the word of truth.

Danoh

I've been doing some reading and I stand corrected. The DBR does not make him the Christ but does fulfill what the Christ was to do to become our savior.

Thanks for challenging me.

I guess I should have said the good news is Jesus is the Christ and his DBR is what saves us.

The descriptive "the Christ" is the issue of a chief aspect of all that said "Christ" - Jesus - had been anointed to come and do, to begin with, thus, "the Christ..."

Thus, in turn, Paul's use of the descriptive "Christ Jesus."

In the sense that...

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Result - at least for those who ACTUALLY believe that ALONE?

2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus HATH made me free from the law of sin and death.

8:3 For what the law could NOT do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled IN US, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Where you greatly remain off is in your erroneous insistence on adding YOUR works to that.

Thus, it is no surprise you ended up missing the most important aspect of this "anointed" descriptive for "Jesus."

The issue of the Believer's...

Romans 3:24 Being justified FREELY by his grace TROUGH the redemption THAT IS IN Christ Jesus: 3:25 Whom God HATH set forth to be a propitiation through faith IN HIS blood, to declare HIS righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

That issue - through faith IN HIS blood - is nicely captured in that hymn's words beautiful words "God sees MY SAVIOUR AND THEN He sees me - IN THE BELOVED ACCEPTED and FREE!

http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/a/c/c/accepted.htm

Or as Paul went on to STRONGLY assert...

3:26 To declare, I say, at this time HIS righteousness: that (intent or purpuse) he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified BY FAITH WITHOUT the deeds of the law.

Because OF Rom. 5: 6-8 in EACH our STEAD.

turbosixx

The 12 never once preached the "good news" of the cross prior to the cross. The "good news" of the cross was not preached until Paul started preaching it.

Yes the 12 didn't preach it before for a couple of reasons. 1, they only taught what Jesus told them to proclaim 2, he commanded them not to tell anyone he was the Christ.

I don't believe Paul was the first to proclaim it. Could you please point to where you believe he first proclaimed it?

turbosixx

The descriptive "the Christ" is the issue of a chief aspect of all that said "Christ" - Jesus - had been anointed to come and do, to begin with, thus, "the Christ..."

Thus, in turn, Paul's use of the descriptive "Christ Jesus."

In the sense that...

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Result - at least for those who ACTUALLY believe that ALONE?

2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus HATH made me free from the law of sin and death.

8:3 For what the law could NOT do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled IN US, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Where you greatly remain off is in your erroneous insistence on adding YOUR works to that.

Thus, it is no surprise you ended up missing the most important aspect of this "anointed" descriptive for "Jesus."

The issue of the Believer's...

Romans 3:24 Being justified FREELY by his grace TROUGH the redemption THAT IS IN Christ Jesus: 3:25 Whom God HATH set forth to be a propitiation through faith IN HIS blood, to declare HIS righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

That issue - through faith IN HIS blood - is nicely captured in that hymn's words beautiful words "God sees MY SAVIOUR AND THEN He sees me - IN THE BELOVED ACCEPTED and FREE!

http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/a/c/c/accepted.htm

Or as Paul went on to STRONGLY assert...

3:26 To declare, I say, at this time HIS righteousness: that (intent or purpuse) he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified BY FAITH WITHOUT the deeds of the law.

Because OF Rom. 5: 6-8 in EACH our STEAD.

In Galatians and Romans Paul is talking about works of the law of Moses, not works of righteousness done as a Christian. The law of Moses was not able to remove sins but the law of Christ can.

1 Jn. 3:7 Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous.

Right Divider

Body part
Paul says that the kingdom of God comes not in word but in power, meaning the power of the Spirit in the heart. Many can read the Bible from back to front and quote it, but those who wrote it did so being inspired of God and they spoke with the power of the Spirit.
Paul is NOT talking about the same aspects of the kingdom as Luke.

You are the one that has problems understanding what "spiritual" means. Spiritual does NOT mean non-physical.

Acts 1:9-12 explains the LORD Jesus Christ's physical return to earth at which time He will establish His kingdom on the earth.

Right Divider

Body part
Yes the 12 didn't preach it before for a couple of reasons. 1, they only taught what Jesus told them to proclaim 2, he commanded them not to tell anyone he was the Christ.

I don't believe Paul was the first to proclaim it. Could you please point to where you believe he first proclaimed it?
As I have explained far too many times, you will NOT find Peter preaching the GOOD NEWS of the cross anywhere before Paul. There is nowhere in Acts 1-8 that you will find the "preaching of the cross" per Paul (i.e., as GOOD NEWS).

God's Truth

As I have explained far too many times, you will NOT find Peter preaching the GOOD NEWS of the cross anywhere before Paul. There is nowhere in Acts 1-8 that you will find the "preaching of the cross" per Paul (i.e., as GOOD NEWS).

Jesus is the good news not Paul.

Jesus is the Lord over all not Paul.

turbosixx

Could you please point to where Paul first preached the good news.

turbosixx

Right after you show where Peter preached the good news of the CROSS anywhere in Acts 1-8.

I was hoping to see what you consider preaching the good news so I can better point it out to you.

Based on this quote, I was sure you could point to where Paul first preached the good news.
As I have explained far too many times, you will NOT find Peter preaching the GOOD NEWS of the cross anywhere before Paul.

Right Divider

Body part
I was hoping to see what you consider preaching the good news so I can better point it out to you.
You don't know what the good new of the cross is?

Based on this quote, I was sure you could point to where Paul first preached the good news.
Once again, I will not attempt to address this until we can agree that Peter did not preach the good news of the cross in Act 1-8.

God's Truth

Right after you show where Peter preached the good news of the CROSS anywhere in Acts 1-8.

Jesus taught forgiveness through him and that he would die for the sins of the world.

Jesus preached that he would die for us.

John 6:51
I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

John 10:18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

John 10:11 "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.

Peter taught the gospel too.

Don't you remember he went to Cornelius to bring them to salvation?

Acts 10:30 Cornelius replied, ‘Four days ago at this very hour, at three o’clock, I was praying in my house when suddenly a man in dazzling clothes stood before me. 31He said, “Cornelius, your prayer has been heard and your alms have been remembered before God. 32Send therefore to Joppa and ask for Simon, who is called Peter; he is staying in the home of Simon, a tanner, by the sea.” 33Therefore I sent for you immediately, and you have been kind enough to come. So now all of us are here in the presence of God to listen to all that the Lord has commanded you to say.’

Gentiles Hear the Good News

34 Then Peter began to speak to them: ‘I truly understand that God shows no partiality, 35but in every nation anyone who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him. 36You know the message he sent to the people of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ—he is Lord of all. 37That message spread throughout Judea, beginning in Galilee after the baptism that John announced: 38how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power; how he went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him. 39We are witnesses to all that he did both in Judea and in Jerusalem. They put him to death by hanging him on a tree; 40but God raised him on the third day and allowed him to appear, 41not to all the people but to us who were chosen by God as witnesses, and who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead. 42He commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one ordained by God as judge of the living and the dead. 43All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.’

Gentiles Receive the Holy Spirit

44 While Peter was still speaking, the Holy Spirit fell upon all who heard the word. 45The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astounded that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on the Gentiles, 46for they heard them speaking in tongues and extolling God. Then Peter said, 47‘Can anyone withhold the water for baptizing these people who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?’ 48So he ordered them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they invited him to stay for several days.

The scriptures plainly show us that there is ONLY ONE GOOD NEWS GOSPEL and that it IS THE MESSAGE THAT SAVES.

It is the same gospel that even John the baptizer announced.