ECT Question for everyone who says "There's only ONE gospel in the Bible"

turbosixx

Not precisely, but the gospel of the grace of God was not even known until God revealed it to Paul. So go from there.
Is this Paul preaching the good news?
Acts 14:5 When an attempt was made by both Gentiles and Jews, with their rulers, to mistreat them and to stone them, 6 they learned of it and fled to Lystra and Derbe, cities of Lycaonia, and to the surrounding country, 7 and there they continued to preach the gospel.

Again, are you afraid to approach Acts 1-8 to show us all the preaching of the cross as good news?
No and I will be glad to point out what I believe but before we get side tracked with that I'd like to learn what you understand to be the first time it was preached.

Right Divider

Body part
Is this Paul preaching the good news?
Acts 14:5 When an attempt was made by both Gentiles and Jews, with their rulers, to mistreat them and to stone them, 6 they learned of it and fled to Lystra and Derbe, cities of Lycaonia, and to the surrounding country, 7 and there they continued to preach the gospel.
Sure.

No and I will be glad to point out what I believe but before we get side tracked with that I'd like to learn what you understand to be the first time it was preached.
Some time after Paul got back from Arabia. The scripture doesn't always give us verses like you apparently feel the need for. But what is very simple to see is that Peter was NOT preaching the gospel of the grace of God in Act 1-8. There is no preaching of the cross as good new in Acts 1-8.

turbosixx

Because to me, the scriptures teach it. So when did this one church start? Abraham perhaps? Moses? Adam?

I don't believe it could have started that early because of the future tense of this verse.

Matt. 16:18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

turbosixx

Sure.

Some time after Paul got back from Arabia. The scripture doesn't always give us verses like you apparently feel the need for. But what is very simple to see is that Peter was NOT preaching the gospel of the grace of God in Act 1-8. There is no preaching of the cross as good new in Acts 1-8.

If Paul is preaching the gospel in chapter 14, we can see what he is proclaiming based on his sermon in the previous chapter where he lays out the DBR.

turbosixx

Most likely right after God called him.

That would be my understanding as well. We can read Acts and see where he went and what he proclaimed after being called. I believe Acts 13 is where we are given detail of exactly what he proclaimed.

In chapter 13 he says his sermon was the word of God and the words of eternal life. The Jews rejected it so he said he was turning to the Gentiles.
13:46 And Paul and Barnabas spoke out boldly, saying, “It was necessary that the word of God be spoken first to you. Since you thrust it aside and judge yourselves unworthy of eternal life, behold, we are turning to the Gentiles.

In chapter 14 he preached in the synagogue and Jews and Gentiles believed.
14:1 Now at Iconium they entered together into the Jewish synagogue and spoke in such a way that a great number of both Jews and Greeks believed.
In verse 7 it says 7 and there they continued to preach the gospel.

It is my understanding that what he preached in Acts 13 is what he continued to preach being the gospel.

DAN P

Peter also preached to Cornelius and his whole household.

Same gospel to all.

Hi and since Peter preached to Cornelius , How was Cornelius saved ??

What does EKKLESIA mean ?

EK means out and KLESIA a calling !!

What does EKKLESIA then mean ??

Read what John says about the 12 apostles , They can REMIT SINS , in John 20:22 and 23 so are you doing what Jesus says to do ??

Or do you believe Matt 10:6-42 TYPE of DO'ER ??

dan p

Last edited: