ECT Question for everyone who says "There's only ONE gospel in the Bible"

God's Truth

In Acts 26:17 Jesus tells Paul he is sending him to the Jews and Gentiles to OPEN THEIR EYES and turn them from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God. How do you think Paul is going to open the eyes of the Jews and the Gentiles? Remember, faith comes from hearing the word, and Jesus sent Paul to preach the gospel. 1 Corinthians 1:18 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel–not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

Paul is going to open their eyes by preaching to them.

Read what Paul says in Romans 16:25-27. Now to him who is able to ESTABLISH YOU BY MY GOSPEL AND THE PROCLAMATION OF JESUS CHRIST, according to the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, but now revealed and MADE KNOWN THROUGH THE PROPHETIC WRITINGS by the command of the eternal God, SO THAT ALL NATIONS MIGHT BELIEVE AND OBEY HIM–to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen.

That is the same thing that John the baptizer taught and Jesus Christ.

There is one good news, Jesus Christ

Paul taught the SAME thing as John the baptizer taught and Jesus Christ himself.

Here is Paul:

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and then to the Gentiles, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds.

Here is John the baptizer preparing the way for Jesus:

Matthew 3:8 Produce fruit in keeping with repentance.

Here is Jesus Christ himself at the start of his earthly ministry, and after John was arrested:

Mark 1:14After the arrest of John, Jesus went into Galilee and proclaimed the gospel of God. 15“The time is fulfilled,” He said, “and the kingdom of God is near. Repent and believe in the gospel!”

Right Divider

Body part
Love to see you show me where Paul preached it FIRST.
So you cannot find any place where Peter preached the cross in Act 1-8?

Phil 4:15 (AKJV/PCE)
(4:15) Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only.

God's Truth

(4:15) Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only.

Jesus preached the gospel. So what do you think the apostles to the Lamb preached.

Duh.

They put people on the cross in those days.

turbosixx

He does mention the beginning here but do you have a passage where Paul first preached the gospel?

Right Divider

Body part
He does mention the beginning here but do you have a passage where Paul first preached the gospel?
In that verse, Paul is equating the "beginning of the gospel" to the time when he departed from Macedonia.
If that time is the "beginning of the gospel", how could Peter preach that same gospel many years earlier?

When Paul preached to those in synagogues, he did NOT begin by preaching the gospel of the grace of God. He first attempts to preach that Jesus IS the Christ. That is what Paul first preaches and teaches when he approaches unbelieving Jews. If you cannot get a Jew to believe that Jesus is the Christ, then there is no way that you can proceed on to the gospel of the grace of God. Even though they are BOTH good news.

turbosixx

In that verse, Paul is equating the "beginning of the gospel" to the time when he departed from Macedonia.
If that time is the "beginning of the gospel", how could Peter preach that same gospel many years earlier?

When Paul preached to those in synagogues, he did NOT begin by preaching the gospel of the grace of God. He first attempts to preach that Jesus IS the Christ. That is what Paul first preaches and teaches when he approaches unbelieving Jews. If you cannot get a Jew to believe that Jesus is the Christ, then there is no way that you can proceed on to the gospel of the grace of God. Even though they are BOTH good news.

Paul left Macedonia in Acts 17. So that is when you believe he started preaching the gospel?

God's Truth

You say this cause you just assume it. RD clearly ahowed you the Phil passage...your ignoring it...

So according to you, and RD, Peter preached a different gospel than the one that saves, yet Cornelius and his whole household received the HOLY SPIRIT.

You need to repent, as well as all the other here who preach another gospel.

Right Divider

Body part
Paul left Macedonia in Acts 17. So that is when you believe he started preaching the gospel?
Not precisely, but the gospel of the grace of God was not even known until God revealed it to Paul. So go from there.

Again, are you afraid to approach Acts 1-8 to show us all the preaching of the cross as good news?

drbrumley

So according to you, and RD, Peter preached a different gospel than the one that saves, yet Cornelius and his whole household received the HOLY SPIRIT.

Only different in the details....

drbrumley

And the word "gospel" means good news.....do you have a different definition?