ECT Question for everyone who says "There's only ONE gospel in the Bible"

God's Truth

[MENTION=18157]marhig[/MENTION] by extension...From here...you might want to listen..

* Who is the Bride of Christ: Israel or the Body? This important Bible topic influences many other beliefs that Christians hold, almost subconsciously. If we are both the Body of Christ, and the Bride of Christ, then by these teachings, do we marry ourselves? Of course not. The Old Testament says explicitly that God was married to the nation of Israel, and then because she was an unfaithful wife, that God gave to her a certificate of divorce. So, if Christians today are the Bride of Christ, then is Israel God's eternal ex-wife? Are we His second wife? Some say that we are Israel, and if so then are we currently God's estranged wife, looking forward to the Marriage Supper of the Lamb? Or is there a much more biblical and fulfilling scriptural teaching on God's view of His relationship with His covenant peoples?

The Bride is the New Jerusalem from heaven.

God's Truth

Revelation 21

The New Jerusalem, the Bride of the Lamb

Revelations 21:2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

9 One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.” 10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God.

drbrumley

Revelation 21The New Jerusalem, the Bride of the Lamb
9 One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.” 10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God.

Thank you....proves my point...

marhig

I agree with all that, but the fact remains He divorced Isreal. Your saying "no He didn't. They are estranged," which is a false claim. Paul was an Israelite in the flesh, and many such Israelites were saved, but in the Body all such distinctions were obliterated. Not one passage in the New Testament can be produced where saved Gentiles are called Israelites of any description.

If the Jews can be grafted in again then they can be reconciled to God again. Paul even said that they are cut off, once a branch is cut off it dies, so you would think that there is no way back. But there is a way through Christ Jesus. With God all things are possible.

The gentiles and the Jews who belong to Christ are the true Jews then they are Israel and they are of the seed of Abraham.

marhig

Um, exactly what it says. :duh:
What do you mean duh? We're adults, surely we can talk to each other like adults?

So I'm wondering why you think that GT is taking that verse out of context? How do you see it? What is the bride of Christ, the New Jerusalem?

I'm wondering what you believe and how you see it? Thanks

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Hey Drb,

Marhig is a spiritual Christian, not carnal Christian.

You can learn how to be spiritual from her.

drbrumley

If the Jews can be grafted in again then they can be reconciled to God again. Paul even said that they are cut off, once a branch is cut off it dies, so you would think that there is no way back. But there is a way through Christ Jesus. With God all things are possible.

The gentiles and the Jews who belong to Christ are the true Jews then they are Israel and they are of the seed of Abraham.

Sorry, I am not a Jew. I am a gentile. If that offends you, I'm sorry.

Romans 2:28-29 King James Version (KJV)
28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Romans 9:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

Being the natural seed of Abraham, or even being circumcised never saved anyone.

These verses are literal and should therefore be read as literal, instead of doing spiritual gymnastics to it.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You see Marhig,

Jesus teaches clealy and simply about spiritual Israel and Spiritual Jew.

that's why you should use Jesus' word.

just my two cents.

marhig

Sorry, I am not a Jew. I am a gentile. If that offends you, I'm sorry.

Romans 2:28-29 King James Version (KJV)
28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Romans 9:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

Being the natural seed of Abraham, or even being circumcised never saved anyone.

These verses are literal and should therefore be read as literal, instead of doing spiritual gymnastics to it.
I was a gentile, but I now belong to Christ, being circumcised of the heart. Thus I'm a Jew inwardly.

So what do you think of this in Romans 2 by saying you're not Jew but a gentile then you don't agree with these verses?

For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

drbrumley

I was a gentile, but I now belong to Christ, being circumcised of the heart.

Praise God...I can call you sister in Christ?

Thus I'm a Jew inwardly.

No, your a gentile. A converted one at that.

So what do you think of this in Romans 2 by saying you're not Jew but a gentile then you don't agree with these verses?

For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

I do agree with those verses, I don't have to do spiritual gymnastics to understand the meaning of what paul is saying.

marhig

You see Marhig,

Jesus teaches clealy and simply about spiritual Israel and Spiritual Jew.

that's why you should use Jesus' word.

just my two cents.

Yes, those who belong to Jesus are spiritual Jews and they are spiritual Israel. :)

marhig

Praise God...I can call you sister in Christ?

No, your a gentile. A converted one at that.

I do agree with those verses, I don't have to do spiritual gymnastics to understand the meaning of what paul is saying.
So if you agree with those verses, how can you not believe that the gentiles who are circumcised of the heart are Jews inwardly?