Preaching the Gospel !

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

The same Gospel !2

The same Gospel !2

Many in false religion tell us that there is/was a different Gospel or even no Gospel under the OT dispensation, at the time of Moses and compared to NT dispensation times and its Gospel, even that One Preached by the Apostles, Like Peter John and Paul. But we know this is a lying deception by this One scripture Heb 4:2

2 For unto us[NT] was the gospel preached, as well as unto them[OT]: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

And God given Faith is always needed to believe it, or obey it in either dispensation, this is plain to see; John Gill comments on this verse :

For unto us was the Gospel preached,.... The Gospel is the good news and glad tidings of salvation by Christ; and this may be said to be preached, when men preach not themselves, nor read lectures of morality, nor mix law and Gospel together, nor make justification and salvation to be by works, nor set persons to make their peace with God, or get an interest in Christ; but when they preach Christ and salvation alone by him; and so it was preached to the Hebrews, and that more fully, and with more clearness, power, and success than formerly; and which is a privilege and blessing; and is sometimes blessed for the conviction of sinners, for regeneration, for the implanting of faith, and the comfort of believers. The words may be rendered, we were evangelized; as such may be said to be, who have a spirit of liberty, in opposition to a spirit of bondage; who live by faith on Christ alone; who derive their peace and comfort, not from their works, but from him; whose repentance and obedience are influenced by the love of God; and who desire to perform all duties aright, and depend on none: now though this was true of the apostle and others, yet is not the sense here, because of what follows,
as well as unto them, or "even as they"; for though the Gospel was preached to the Israelites in the wilderness, in the ministry of Moses, and by types and sacrifices; yet they were not evangelized by it, or cast into a Gospel mould, or brought into a Gospel spirit: however, it was preached unto them; which shows the antiquity of it; the sameness of the method of salvation in all ages; the necessity of salvation by Christ, and the unity of Christ's church under different dispensations:

Moses and True Believers of His Day believed the same Gospel of Christ, the same one Paul Preached, that was according to the scriptures 1 Cor 15:3-4, in fact the scriptures that Moses wrote Jn 5:46,39

39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.

More collaboration Lk 24:44-46

44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

Remember how Moses and Elijah appeared with Christ and discussed His deceased [His Redeeming death] Lk 9:30-31

30 And, behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses and Elias:

31 Who appeared in glory, and spake of his decease which he should accomplish at Jerusalem.

For He was to die for their sins too !

This His decease was an very Important Event fpr all the People of God from the beginning of the world Lk 1:69-70

69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;

70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:

Their sins were to be Laid upon Him as spake the Prophets Isa 53:10,12

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Thats the New Covenant Gospel also Heb 9:28

So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

beloved57

When its revealed from Faith to Faith !

When its revealed from Faith to Faith !

Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

This passage of scripture would give us to know that the Gospel, when its the Power of God, that its revealed to the regenrated or the born again of the Spirit, how else could it be revealed to Faith ? For Faith is the Fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

So without the Spirit, and its fruit of Faith, the Gospel is not revealed from Faith to Faith !

The natural unregenerate man does not have Faith, simply because Faith pleases God Heb 11:6, and those in the flesh cannot please God Rom 8:8 !

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you believe that this is the Gospel?

1 Corinthians 15:1-4King James Version (KJV)

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Nanja

Do you believe that this is the Gospel?

1 Corinthians 15:1-4King James Version (KJV)

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Paul was speaking to the Saints of Unconditional Election; that's the "U" in TULIP.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75289&page=122#1819

~~~~~

beloved57

Limited Atonement is part of the Gospel !

Limited Atonement is part of the Gospel !

Can one believe the Gospel 1 Cor 15:3-4 apart from believing the L in Tulip, Limited or Particular Atonement/Redemption ? The answer is No Way Possible ! Because the sins Christ died for are for a particular people, Namely His Sheep Jn 10:11,15, or we can say His People Matt 1:21, or His Seed Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

Or His Church Eph 5:25, or the Many Heb 9:28

28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

So it doesn't matter if one appeals to 1 Cor 15:3-4 to profess a belief in the Gospel, if they dont wholeheartedly embrace Limited Atonement, Particular redemption for only a remnant of mankind, they do not believe the Gospel of 1 Cor 15:3-4 ! Neither is the Gospel Preached if its no proclaiming of Limited Atonement, without it being emphasised !

beloved57

Why Preach Repentance with the Gospel ?

Why Preach Repentance with the Gospel ?

Why Preach Repentance in Christ's Name ? Lk 24:47

47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

The reason why Christ's Servants were to preach repentance among all the Nations, twas because their risen Savior, the Savior of all Israel His People, He gives them Repentance along with remission of sins Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

This Israel includes Gentiles Acts 11:18

18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Now this repentance given is the result of the regenerating work of the Spirit from out of Christ. Repentance at the Preaching of the Gospel would give evidence of Two things, #1 That Christ is your Savior and has indeed Saved you, and #2 That the Holy Spirit from Christ has also saved you by His Sanctifying Work in you leading to belief of the Truth 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Belief of the Truth and Repentance are the same, which is why Paul writes 2 Tim 2:25

In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

True Repentance from the Savior Christ will always result in a acknowledgement of the Truth, which is Belief in the Truth !

Nanja

Why Preach Repentance in Christ's Name ? Lk 24:47

47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

The reason why Christ's Servants were to preach repentance among all the Nations, twas because their risen Savior, the Savior of all Israel His People, He gives them Repentance along with remission of sins Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

This Israel includes Gentiles Acts 11:18

18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Now this repentance given is the result of the regenerating work of the Spirit from out of Christ. Repentance at the Preaching of the Gospel would give evidence of Two things, #1 That Christ is your Savior and has indeed Saved you, and #2 That the Holy Spirit from Christ has also saved you by His Sanctifying Work in you leading to belief of the Truth 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Belief of the Truth and Repentance are the same, which is why Paul writes 2 Tim 2:25

In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

True Repentance from the Savior Christ will always result in a acknowledgement of the Truth, which is Belief in the Truth !

Perfectly stated!

Contrary to false gospels, repentance is not a work an unregenerate person does to become saved Rom. 8:8.

But True Repentance is a Redemptive Blessing and given by God John 3:27 exclusively to His People
Israel Eph. 1:4-7; Deut. 7:6-7 as a result of Regeneration, and the Spirit's Sanctifying Work in them.

~~~~~

beloved57

Perfectly stated!

Contrary to false gospels, repentance is not a work an unregenerate person does to become saved Rom. 8:8.

But True Repentance is a Redemptive Blessing and given by God John 3:27 exclusively to His People
Israel Eph. 1:4-7; Deut. 7:6-7 as a result of Regeneration, and the Spirit's Sanctifying Work in them.

~~~~~
Perfectly stated ![emoji1]

JosephR

Perfectly stated!

~~~~~

It seems to become Very important to define to an understanding, what "In the flesh" and also "out of the flesh " means..

Status
Not open for further replies.