ECT "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

lifeisgood

Can you cite one instance in the gospel when Jesus ever went to the people to seek them out because of His message of salvation but rather they came to Him because His fame [miracles/Life] went before Him?

Is Jesus God? Yes.
Therefore, God always comes looking for us sinners.

God's Truth

Is Jesus God? Yes.
Therefore, God always comes looking for us sinners.

You don't have to believe it though.

Everyone is, was, a sinner.

God searches all hearts and minds.

That doesn't mean we do not have to seek God. I posted the scriptures, which you don't believe.

lifeisgood

I trust God and obey Jesus' words, and for that you put me down. Anyone can obey Jesus. I am trying to spur others on to do just that. I am trying to get you and those like you to see that you are not preaching the truth and that you are hindering people who want to be saved.

You, yourself, have confessed that you do not obey ALL of Jesus' commandments exactly as you so vociferously say you do. You can boast that BEFORE you EVER knew about God you OBEYED and you got saved. And you, yourself, gt, have confessed that you have done no such thing.

Anyone can obey and be saved.

You, gt, keep on working to provide your own salvation.

Lord, Lord, it's me, gt, look at all my obedience. Can't you see how much I, me, and myself obey you, Lord? But when people ask me about my obedience I have to confess 'nah, I'm not all that obedience as I profess.'

You are as the accuser, and the mocker.

If it fits you, wear it.

It is Jesus who tells us we must live on the words of God. It is Jesus who says we eat him by obeying his words.

Jesus left only two words for His followers to obey.

Did you hear that, gt, His followers, not people that have never heard about Him and have no idea who He is. Get a grip, gt.

lifeisgood

You haven't disproved anything I said. You actually are trying to adopt what I said without acting like it.

You flatter yourself too much. gt.

Sinner nevertheless, you say. No way, for the scriptures say the saved are BORN AGAIN and are HOLY and PERFECT.

Sinners nevertheless.

So how do you stop being a habitual sinner? lol

By the presence of the Holy Spirit.

Does that mean you have to obey? Obey is what I have been preaching.

ON YOUR OWN you couldn't obey if your life depended on it.
You, gt, can BOAST all you want that you obey, however, you, yourself, have confessed that you do not obey.

lifeisgood

Everyone is, was, a sinner.

Well, you've learned something.

God searches all hearts and minds.

Agreed.

That doesn't mean we do not have to seek God.

No one seek God TO BE SAVED or otherwise. (Romans 3:11)

I posted the scriptures, which you don't believe.

I believe the Scriptures in its ORIGINAL PERFECT CONTEXT.
You simply plop verses around that fits your doctrine.

lifeisgood

I'm sorry but say that doesn't make you right. His words: "Whosoever will let him come unto Me". He twists no one's arm or heart to persuade.

Who said anything about Him twisting any one's arm or heart?

God came looking for us. That simple.

Every time the Gospel of salvation is preached God is coming looking for us.

When He finds us and accepts us as His, then we always want to go to Him because now we belong to Him.

Cross Reference

Who said anything about Him twisting any one's arm or heart?

No one did.

God came looking for us. That simple.

Every time the Gospel of salvation is preached God is coming looking for us.

When He finds us and accepts us as His, then we always want to go to Him because now we belong to Him.[/QUOTE]

No and don't make more of what I wrote than what is there. Show me where Jesus went "looking" for sinners as I asked. Problem is you can't. Jesus said: "as God has sent me, so I am sending you}. WE are directed only to preach his word and love one another as He loved us that by this method will the world come see to know about Him and those who will be saved will be persuaded because of that message.. That's it. No big tents crusades to impress unto salvation necessary. WE don't and can't save anyone and only about 20% of Billy Graham's preaching produced the desired results.

DAN P

No one did.

When He finds us and accepts us as His, then we always want to go to Him because now we belong to Him.

No and don't make more of what I wrote than what is there. Show me where Jesus went "looking" for sinners as I asked. Problem is you can't. Jesus said: "as God has sent me, so I am sending you}. WE are directed only to preach his word and love one another as He loved us that by this method will the world come see to know about Him and those who will be saved will be persuaded because of that message.. That's it. No big tents crusades to impress unto salvation necessary. WE don't and can't save anyone and only about 20% of Billy Graham's preaching produced the desired results.[/QUOTE]

Hi and we have to remember that no matter who the preacher is 2 Cor 3:6 says that Paul PLANTED and APOLLOS WATERED but God is causing the GROWTH !!

dan p

God's Truth

You, yourself, have confessed that you do not obey ALL of Jesus' commandments exactly as you so vociferously say you do.
I never said any such thing.
You can boast that BEFORE you EVER knew about God you OBEYED and you got saved.

Jesus says he saves those on the side of truth, those who fear God and those who do what is right. Do you want the scriptures?

And you, yourself, gt, have confessed that you have done no such thing.

What? Get a hold of yourself.

You, gt, keep on working to provide your own salvation.
The works are God's works. They are light.
Lord, Lord, it's me, gt, look at all my obedience. Can't you see how much I, me, and myself obey you, Lord? But when people ask me about my obedience I have to confess 'nah, I'm not all that obedience as I profess.'

If it fits you, wear it.
You can obey too.

Jesus left only two words for His followers to obey.
Two words?
Did you hear that, gt, His followers, not people that have never heard about Him and have no idea who He is. Get a grip, gt.

There are still people who do what is right and they are the ones who when they hear about Jesus believe.

Danoh

No saved sinner is supposed to habitually sin.

Sinners nevertheless.

Holy because they have been placed in Christ and being that Christ is Holy and Perfect and Merciful and Gracious, etc. those sinners He has saved are holy sinners.

You confuse "condition" with "position". You'll not understand anyway.

Every true believer in Jesus Christ and His vicarious/finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary are saved sinners.

If you are looking exclusively to Jesus Christ and His vicarious/finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary for your salvation, you are a saved sinner; otherwise, you are still a UNsaved sinner working to provide your own salvation rejecting the already provided only way of salvation God will accept.

You are off-base on your "saved sinner" assertion.

Or as someone (who I very often find I share the exact same understanding with on many things), has put that.

Understanding Your Position

Something often overlooked in Paul’s instructions to the saints is the difference between our position and our condition. It has also been referred to as our standing and state, salvation and service.

Your salvation, standing, or position in Christ is received by grace through faith.

This new position in the body of Christ has changed your identity, that is, who you are.

You are no longer a sinner, but a saint (Rom 5:19).

You are no longer in Adam, but in Christ (Rom 5:17).

You are no longer a servant of sin, but a servant of righteousness (Rom 6:17-18).

For the balance of that author's post, click on the following link:

http://graceambassadors.com/salvation/three-troubling-pauline-passages

Nevertheless, Romans 14:5 towards you on this, in memory of Romans 5:8.

Cross Reference

There are still people who do what is right and they are the ones who when they hear about Jesus believe.

And if they don't hear about Him they, on that day, will be judged by their deeds.

So we can safely assume that the reason for them hearing about Jesus is to make disciples of them?

God's Truth

And if they don't hear about Him they, on that day, will be judged by their deeds.

So we can safely assume that the reason for them hearing about Jesus is to make disciples of them?

Those who are given much, much more is demanded of them.

Luke 13:48 But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

John 18:37 "You are a king, then!" said Pilate. Jesus answered, "You say that I am a king. In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

John 3:21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.