ECT "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

God's Truth

Now, YOU, gt, petitioned Jesus to save you? You've got to be kidding me, gt. You've go to be kidding me.

God seeks us and we are to seek God.

1 Chronicles 28:9
"And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever.

Jeremiah 29:13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Isaiah 55:6 Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near.

Deuteronomy 4:29
But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul.

Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Matthew 7:8
For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

Acts 17:27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us.

Cross Reference

It is strange how lifeisgood said that. I didn't really give his statement much attention, so I'm glad you did.

What you need to do is make the distinction bewteen "Redemption" and "Salvation". Redemption, we had nothing to do with it. That is what the fact of the cross is all about before we were born. It is a fact not based upon faith. Our part by "our faith" is to either accept or reject the fact of "Redemption" upon which our salvation is conditioned. If upon hearing the "Good News" of "Redemption" and believe the fact/account to desire it, then merely petitioning God for salvation is all that is necessary. The gift being Salvation that by "our faith" can only receive it. He then directs us by His Spirit to Jesus Christ, the Author of it such a plan.

lifeisgood

Dear Life, Why would you suppose we need not petition Jesus for His salvation? . . just askin'?

Because the one who comes petitioning us to be saved is the Holy Spirit because of Jesus Christ and His vicarious/finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary when the sinner hears the preaching of the Gospel of salvation. I personally find nothing in the Bible that says that any sinner went looking for God. I find always God coming looking for sinners.

lifeisgood

All are not supposed to stay sinners.

No saved sinner is supposed to habitually sin.

Paul calls the saved 'holy people'.

Sinners nevertheless.

Holy because they have been placed in Christ and being that Christ is Holy and Perfect and Merciful and Gracious, etc. those sinners He has saved are holy sinners.

You confuse "condition" with "position". You'll not understand anyway.

Can you show me scripture where he calls the saved sinners in Christ?

Every true believer in Jesus Christ and His vicarious/finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary are saved sinners.

If you are looking exclusively to Jesus Christ and His vicarious/finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary for your salvation, you are a saved sinner; otherwise, you are still a UNsaved sinner working to provide your own salvation rejecting the already provided only way of salvation God will accept.

lifeisgood

It is strange how lifeisgood said that. I didn't really give his statement much attention, so I'm glad you did.

That's because you are still petitioning for your salvation presenting all your obedience telling God He has to accept you because you're such a incredibly obedient sinner.

Lord, Lord, it's me, gt, look at all my obedience. Can't you see how much I, me, and myself obey you, Lord? But when people ask me about my obedience I have to confess 'nah, I'm not all that obedience as I profess.'

lifeisgood

God seeks us and we are to seek God.

1 Chronicles 28:9
"And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever.

Jeremiah 29:13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Isaiah 55:6 Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near.

Deuteronomy 4:29
But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul.

Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Matthew 7:8
For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

Acts 17:27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us.

If only you read for comprehension instead of simply plopping verses out of its original perfect context.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
What you need to do is make the distinction bewteen "Redemption" and "Salvation". Redemption, we had nothing to do with it. That is what the fact of the cross is all about before we were born. It is a fact not based upon faith. Our part by "our faith" is to either accept or reject the fact of "Redemption" upon which our salvation is conditioned. If upon hearing the "Good News" of "Redemption" and believe the fact/account to desire it, then merely petitioning God for salvation is all that is necessary. The gift being Salvation that by "our faith" can only receive it. He then directs us by His Spirit to Jesus Christ, the Author of it such a plan.

Great post CR .

This post is foundationally perfect in regard to what the Scriptures teach us. The only input i would add is that not even an accept ion or rejection is required , just a continual surrender , and living a life inspired by our surrender .

Nobody comes to Christ less the Father draws them . So God does the petitioning in a sense , and ( our faith or faithing ) is a surrender in which Christ also does the accepting or rejecting .

Anyway , wish there were more posts based in truth like this one .

Cross Reference

Because the one who comes petitioning us to be saved is the Holy Spirit because of Jesus Christ and His vicarious/finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary when the sinner hears the preaching of the Gospel of salvation. I personally find nothing in the Bible that says that any sinner went looking for God. I find always God coming looking for sinners.

Can you cite one instance in the gospel when Jesus ever went to the people to seek them out because of His message of salvation but rather they came to Him because His fame [miracles/Life] went before Him?

God's Truth

What you need to do is make the distinction bewteen "Redemption" and "Salvation".

No, it is your false beliefs coming through, probably from your false Calvin teachers.

Redemption, we had nothing to do with it. That is what the fact of the cross is all about before we were born.
The plan was made before we were born---we were not redeemed before we were born.

It is a fact not based upon faith. Our part by "our faith" is to either accept or reject the fact of "Redemption" upon which our salvation is conditioned. If upon hearing the "Good News" of "Redemption" and believe the fact/account to desire it, then merely petitioning God for salvation is all that is necessary.
No one enters that redemption UNTIL they have faith with obedience.

The gift being Salvation that by "our faith" can only receive it. He then directs us by His Spirit to Jesus Christ, the Author of it such a plan.

‘Then’ directs us by His Spirit? We are not saved before we are saved. You are a Calvinist and are feeding yourself with false notions.

We only receive the gift if we have living faith. That is faith with obedience.

God's Truth

Great post CR .

This post is foundationally perfect in regard to what the Scriptures teach us. The only input i would add is that not even an accept ion or rejection is required , just a continual surrender , and living a life inspired by our surrender .

Nobody comes to Christ less the Father draws them . So God does the petitioning in a sense , and ( our faith or faithing ) is a surrender in which Christ also does the accepting or rejecting .

Anyway , wish there were more posts based in truth like this one .

God draws ALL with lovingkindness.
See Jeremiah 31:3, John 12:32, and Hebrews 7:18-19.

God is around and near ALL OF US.

God wants ALL to be saved.
1 Timothy 2:4 who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.

God's Truth

That's because you are still petitioning for your salvation presenting all your obedience telling God He has to accept you because you're such a incredibly obedient sinner.
I trust God and obey Jesus' words, and for that you put me down. Anyone can obey Jesus. I am trying to spur others on to do just that. I am trying to get you and those like you to see that you are not preaching the truth and that you are hindering people who want to be saved.

Anyone can obey and be saved.

Lord, Lord, it's me, gt, look at all my obedience. Can't you see how much I, me, and myself obey you, Lord? But when people ask me about my obedience I have to confess 'nah, I'm not all that obedience as I profess.'

You are as the accuser, and the mocker.

It is Jesus who tells us we must live on the words of God. It is Jesus who says we eat him by obeying his words.

God's Truth

No saved sinner is supposed to habitually sin.

Sinners nevertheless.

Holy because they have been placed in Christ and being that Christ is Holy and Perfect and Merciful and Gracious, etc. those sinners He has saved are holy sinners.

You confuse "condition" with "position". You'll not understand anyway.

Every true believer in Jesus Christ and His vicarious/finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary are saved sinners.

If you are looking exclusively to Jesus Christ and His vicarious/finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary for your salvation, you are a saved sinner; otherwise, you are still a UNsaved sinner working to provide your own salvation rejecting the already provided only way of salvation God will accept.

You haven't disproved anything I said. You actually are trying to adopt what I said without acting like it.

Sinner nevertheless, you say. No way, for the scriptures say the saved are BORN AGAIN and are HOLY and PERFECT.

So how do you stop being a habitual sinner? lol

Does that mean you have to obey? Obey is what I have been preaching.

Cross Reference

You read and study from a Calvinist every day.

Who do you think Oswald Chambers is?

I also read and study what you say everyday. Does that make me like you? I don't think so.

Oswald Chambers taught at Oberlin College in Ohio where Charles Finney was their first President. If anything, Chambers was nondeminational Pentecostal.

God's Truth

I also read and study what you say everyday. Does that make me like you? I don't think so.
Are you really that deceitful? Really now, do you put what I say it it's own thread and act like it is gold, the way you do the writings of Oswald Chambers?
Oswald Chambers taught at Oberlin College in Ohio where Charles Finney was their first President. If anything, Chambers was nondeminational Pentecostal.

Oswald Chambers is a Calvinist. He was converted under the ministry of Charles H. Spurgeon.