ECT "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

God's Truth

I don't believe that's the case at all. If it were, then who among us isn't guilty of trying to do things in our own strength in various ways all throughout our life? Where do we draw the line and claim we are finally "spiritual" enough to not be called natural or carnal anymore? No, the natural man can only try and try...his own efforts are all he has...he is unable to "know" the things of the Spirit of God....because he has not yet received the Spirit.

1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.​

hehehe

Right Divider

Body part
Of course Jesus obeying makes us righteous, after we repent to God through him.

Jesus obeyed and accepts, and saves, those who obey.

Read and believe John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

Why don't you believe in Jesus' words? Is it because he didn't die, yet when he said it?
I believe all of Jesus' words. But I understand the difference of Jesus teaching the TWELVE apostles of the TWELVE tribes of ISRAEL and the teaching that Jesus gave to Paul for US GENTILES.

Which commandment do you think that I fail to obey?

Jesus saved me regardless of myself.

If you think that you are always 100% obedient to everything in the Bible, you only fool yourself.

God's Truth

The natural man does NOT have the Holy Spirit residing in them.

None who do have the Holy Spirit in them want to please their flesh.

What?

We are flesh and blood. The natural man, that is about the man who only wants to please his flesh.

Again, we are not just flesh and not everyone only wants to please their flesh.

God's Truth

I believe all of Jesus' words. But I understand the difference of Jesus teaching the TWELVE apostles of the TWELVE tribes of ISRAEL and the teaching that Jesus gave to Paul for US GENTILES.

Which commandment do you think that I fail to obey?

Jesus saved me regardless of myself.

If you think that you are always 100% obedient to everything in the Bible, you only fool yourself.

If I went to my house first, and told my family a secret, and told them that it was going to go out to everyone else later---would that make it a different secret or the same secret to people at different times?

glorydaz

Why don't you believe in Jesus' words? Is it because he didn't die, yet when he said it?

Romans 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

God's Truth

Romans 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

The Jews didn't have to sacrifice animals anymore; and the Gentiles didn't have to be keep far apart for not sacrificing animals.

musterion

Rather, Paul is stating facts...not possibilities. YE SHALL NOT. That's a fact. We are not in the flesh...thus we cannot walk according to the flesh. It's absolutely contrary to being in the Spirit.
Gal. 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Gal. 5:24-25 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit

And how can that be so? Paul tells us right here. Ye shall not fulfill the lusts of the flesh because the righteousness of the law is fulfilled in us....when we were crucified with Christ. They (the natural man) are after the flesh and mind the things of the flesh...to be carnally minded is DEATH. That certainly isn't any believer.
Romans 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Romans 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.​

Then why would he bother saying these things to all these different assemblies of believers? No, forget that -- why would he need to say them at all? Paul has nothing to do with judging unbelievers, nor exhorting them to do anything except believe the Gospel. Unbelievers cannot walk by the Spirit, obviously. So what's his point?

None of this makes sense if he's speaking about unbelievers when he's directly addressing those he calls believers.

glorydaz

I think Danoh and you both are wrong.

The Corinthians who were sinning---they were acting as bad as unbelievers---what is the deciding factor if they are really saved or not? Please tell me.
Tell me gd. No, I will tell you. The deciding factor of their salvation…their salvation of whether they are saved or unsaved, it is whether or not they---ready? Whether or not they---OBEY.

No, it was whether or not they had the Holy Spirit dwelling in them or not. Those without Him were natural men of the flesh, and those with Him were new creatures...created IN CHRIST JESUS. How did that occur? They believed unto righteousness. That's the obedience of FAITH that you have no inkling of.

glorydaz

Then why would he bother saying these things to all these different assemblies of believers? No, forget that -- why would he need to say them at all? Paul has nothing to do with judging unbelievers, nor exhorting them to do anything except believe the Gospel. Unbelievers cannot walk by the Spirit, obviously. So what's his point? None of this makes sense if he's speaking to/about unbelievers.

For the same reason he says we're to reckon ourselves dead to sin. It's a fact we are often slow to accept. It doesn't mean it's not a fact, but our slowness to accept it causes us to be ineffective with doubt.

musterion

She rejects that particular scripture. Along with some other similar ones.

I think Danoh and you both are wrong.

The Corinthians who were sinning---they were acting as bad as unbelievers---what is the deciding factor if they are really saved or not? Please tell me.
Tell me gd. No, I will tell you. The deciding factor of their salvation…their salvation of whether they are saved or unsaved, it is whether or not they---ready? Whether or not they---OBEY.

When Paul told the Corinthian elders to kick out the man having sex with his own mother...did Paul believe the man was saved or lost?

God's Truth

No, it was whether or not they had the Holy Spirit dwelling in them or not. Those without Him were natural men of the flesh, and those with Him were new creatures...created IN CHRIST JESUS. How did that occur? They believed unto righteousness. That's the obedience of FAITH that you have no inkling of.

Oh so then that means you believe as I do and that is that we have to obey or we are not saved. LoL

glorydaz

When Paul told the Corinthian elders to kick out the man having sex with his own mother...did Paul believe the man was saved or lost?

I don't think Paul believed the man was saved. He talks about how his excommunication might result in his being saved at some future day. In fact, Paul understood that not everyone who attends an assembly is a believer. Many just think they are...many claim to be.