Ph.D in Pot & the G.H.W. Bush Legacy

drbrumley

Not addressed to anyone, just my thoughts;

This thread has been an interesting read.

It still amazes me to this day why christians, good people, want to use the devil's playground to get what they think are biblical mandates passed. What should be happening is christians need to see the governments for what they are, Satan's playground and pass on it and if you want to change men's hearts, ask God to do it, cause that's the only way that will happen.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

It still amazes me to this day why christians, good people, want to use the devil's playground to get what they think are biblical mandates passed. What should be happening is christians need to see the governments for what they are, Satan's playground and pass on it and if you want to change men's hearts, ask God to do it, cause that's the only way that will happen.
The law is how we teach people. It's the government's job to get the law right and in the Christian's best interest that it does.

drbrumley

The law is how we teach people. It's the government's job to get the law right and in the Christian's best interest that it does.

Sorry, satan's kingdoms can't care one wit about God's law....that's your job to your children and those you call friends....

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Governments are Satan's playground?

Bzzzzt!

Incorrect.

According to the Apostle Paul (re: governments, law):

Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves.For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same.For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.Therefore you must be subject, not only because of wrath but also for conscience’ sake.For because of this you also pay taxes, for they are God’s ministers attending continually to this very thing.Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor. - Romans 13:1-7 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans13:1-7&version=NKJV

Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. - Galatians 3:24 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians3:24&version=NKJV

You: governments are Satan's playground

Paul: governments are God's ministers for good, who bring terror to evil workers, but not good, are appointed by God, does not bear the sword in vain, and an avenger to execute wrath on one who practices evil.

Also Paul: the law is a tutor to bring people to Christ

Sorry, Doc, gonna go with Paul on this one, and not you.

drbrumley

Governments are Satan's playground?

Yes!

Incorrect.

In your esteemed opinion...

According to the Apostle Paul (re: governments, law):

Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves.For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same.For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.Therefore you must be subject, not only because of wrath but also for conscience’ sake.For because of this you also pay taxes, for they are God’s ministers attending continually to this very thing.Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor. - Romans 13:1-7 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans13:1-7&version=NKJV

So out comes a tyrants favorite passage....an a feeble attempt to shut me down and say "see, see!"

Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. - Galatians 3:24 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians3:24&version=NKJV

Agreed.....

You: governments are Satan's playground

Yes!

Paul: governments are God's ministers for good, who bring terror to evil workers, but not good, are appointed by God, does not bear the sword in vain, and an avenger to execute wrath on one who practices evil.

Another feeble attempt to shut me down and say "see, see!"

Also Paul: the law is a tutor to bring people to Christ

You do realize that's twice you quoted the same verse my friend.

Sorry, Doc, gonna go with Paul on this one, and not you.

That's fine and nothing to be sorry about....even tho you really are not siding with Paul, but Bob. And Bob is a great teacher, he is just wrong on this.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Could you provide scripture that says this?

In your esteemed opinion...

No, according to the Apostle Paul.

So out comes a tyrants favorite passage....an a feeble attempt to shut me down and say "see, see!"

Calling me a tyrant for quoting Paul?

:think:

Or maybe you're calling Paul a tyrant? :liberals:

Agreed.....

Yes!

Again, could you provide scripture that says that governments are Satan's playground?

Another feeble attempt to shut me down and say "see, see!"

If your position contradicts scripture, then you should be humble enough to acknowledge that you're wrong.

My position is that governments are God's ministers, something stated explicitly (and multiple times) by Paul.

Your position, is that governments are "Satan's playground," which is contradictory to what Paul said.

You do realize that's twice you quoted the same verse my friend.

I did no such thing.

I quoted verses, then I compared excerpts from those passages with what you said.

Please read more carefully.

That's fine and nothing to be sorry about....even tho you really are not siding with Paul, but Bob. And Bob is a great teacher, he is just wrong on this.

Who? :idunno:

I'm quoting the Bible here, not some guy named Bob...

:noid:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
One last bump for [MENTION=16942]JudgeRightly[/MENTION] :juggle:
Harming someone, even permanently, should be illegal, and the one causing harm should be punished by paying medical fees and wages lost (if applicable), and flogging. If permanent harm is caused, eye for eye, hand for hand, foot for foot, and if necessary, life for life.

WizardofOz

Harming someone, even permanently, should be illegal, and the one causing harm should be punished by paying medical fees and wages lost (if applicable), and flogging. If permanent harm is caused, eye for eye, hand for hand, foot for foot, and if necessary, life for life.

So yes, you believe that it should be illegal for someone to smoke inside their own home if another person is present. Correct?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So yes, you believe that it should be illegal for someone to smoke inside their own home if another person is present. Correct?

No. I said that if a person causes harm to another, they should be punished by restitution, and/or corporal punishment, or death.

Last edited:

WizardofOz

No. I said that if a person causes harm to another, they should be punished by restitution, corporal punishment, or death.

Do you think that second hand smoke does not cause damage?

second-hand smoke can be dangerous to others.

Doc, do you know what the punishment is in the Bible for causing permanent injury to someone?

So, if you concede that second hand smoke does cause damage to others, why do you feel that it shouldn't be illegal to cause this harm in this regard?

I'm just trying to understand your position. Given the above, it seems a tad inconsistent. :idunno:

You A) feel that second hand smoke causes damage. You also feel that B) if a person causes harm to another, they should be punished by restitution, corporal punishment, or death. Given this, why would you give a person causing harm in this way a pass?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Do you think that second hand smoke does not cause damage?

I have answered this before. My answer has not changed.

So, if you concede that second hand smoke does cause damage to others, why do you feel that it shouldn't be illegal to cause this harm in this regard?

I'm just trying to understand your position. Given the above, it seems a tad inconsistent. :idunno:

Why does there have to be a specific law to make it illegal for a person to smoke inside his house when another person is present?

You're (unintentionally, perhaps) attempting to multiply laws. Too many laws means no one can know all the laws, which makes it more likely that someone will break the law, and increases the need for people who study the law.

If harming someone (by any means) is punishable by the above punishments, why would there need to be a law prohibiting a specific action that causes harm?

Your law:

it should be illegal for someone to smoke inside their own home if another person is present

would be redundant and unnecessary under my law:

harming someone (by any means) is punishable by [restitution and/or corporal punishment, or death penalty]