Ph.D in Pot & the G.H.W. Bush Legacy

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
...a single inhalation of a spliff is not going to make someone "high".

...a single toke on a joint will still have an effect on the senses?

A minor one...

so, a little high?

what "minor effect on the senses" did you have in mind?

(non-answer)

(non-answer and deflection)

ok doser

Oh, so you do think that alcohol and tobacco should be illegal? Then why won't you just come right out and say it?

i think alcohol and tobacco should be illegal

there, i said it :p

here, i'll say it twice (since you did too)

i think alcohol and tobacco should be illegal :banana:

:banana: i i think think alcohol alcohol and and tobacco tobacco should should be be illegal illegal :banana:

drbrumley

i think alcohol and tobacco should be illegal

there, i said it :p

here, i'll say it twice (since you did too)

i think alcohol and tobacco should be illegal :banana:

:banana: i i think think alcohol alcohol and and tobacco tobacco should should be be illegal illegal :banana:

Prohibition was a failure then. It will be a failure always....a losing argument.

drbrumley

what aspect of prohibition was a failure?

Numerous things:

Not only was it not the governments business to begin with, their entry into this opened up the black market...and just like today, where drugs are more potent, because the dangers are higher, we know back in that day it was the same thing....it seems no one learned a thing from it...

ok doser

... smoking tobacco. There are no health benefits to that ...

some other unexpected health benefits to smoking tobacco:

Smokers are less likely to develop pre-eclampsia than non-smokers; recent research points to the impact of smoking on the ratio of soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase-1 (sFlt-1) to placental growth factor (PlGF) as one possible pathway...

Epidemiological studies have consistently reported that active cigarette smoking is inversely associated with developing cancer of the endometrium (the membrane lining of the uterus) in women who have reached menopause.15-16 A recent meta-analysis found that cigarette smoking was significantly associated with a reduced risk, especially so among postmenopausal women, where a 29% reduction in risk was found

Current smokers have a lower risk of developing ulcerative colitis, compared to non-smokers and ex-smokers,5 and according to the US Surgeon General, the evidence suggests that this protective relationship may be causal.

https://www.tobaccoinaustralia.org.au/chapter-3-health-effects/3-28-health-benefits-of-smoking-

and a condensed and paraphrased version for the slower children:

Smokers are less likely to develop a disease in pregnant ladies...

Cigarette smoking reduces the risk of cancer in some older ladies' "private parts"...

Cigarette smokers are less apt to get upset tummies...

ok doser

Numerous things:

Not only was it not the governments business to begin with...

was it the government's business to regulate alcohol sales to minors?

(many states lacked such laws before prohibition)

is it now?

should the government regulate sales of drugs to minors?

drbrumley

was it the government's business to regulate alcohol sales to minors?

(many states lacked such laws before prohibition)

is it now?

should the government regulate sales of drugs to minors?

Well I remember going to the store for my grandpa and getting some smokes and beer for him….so there's that.

Your turning into a democrat, be careful...

Arthur Brain

some other unexpected health benefits to smoking tobacco:

Smokers are less likely to develop pre-eclampsia than non-smokers; recent research points to the impact of smoking on the ratio of soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase-1 (sFlt-1) to placental growth factor (PlGF) as one possible pathway...

Epidemiological studies have consistently reported that active cigarette smoking is inversely associated with developing cancer of the endometrium (the membrane lining of the uterus) in women who have reached menopause.15-16 A recent meta-analysis found that cigarette smoking was significantly associated with a reduced risk, especially so among postmenopausal women, where a 29% reduction in risk was found

Current smokers have a lower risk of developing ulcerative colitis, compared to non-smokers and ex-smokers,5 and according to the US Surgeon General, the evidence suggests that this protective relationship may be causal.

https://www.tobaccoinaustralia.org.au/chapter-3-health-effects/3-28-health-benefits-of-smoking-

and a condensed and paraphrased version for the slower children:

Smokers are less likely to develop a disease in pregnant ladies...

Cigarette smoking reduces the risk of cancer in some older ladies' "private parts"...

Cigarette smokers are less apt to get upset tummies...

Uh...

:freak:

You'll swallow any ole tripe won't ya?

ok doser

Well I remember going to the store for my grandpa and getting some smokes and beer for him….so there's that.

Your turning into a democrat, be careful...

i remember getting smokes for my dad - must have been in the late sixties or early seventies.

and i remember my pediatrician smoking in the examination room :chuckle:

and teachers in the classroom - everybody smoked, everywhere

made Christmas gift buying easy - lighters, cigarette cases, lighters, ashtrays, lighters