"OSAS" people are not answering this question.

glorydaz

You're just another cherry-picking Bible chopper (CPBC). You and a few others here like to CUT Paul's thought where YOU like it. Read the WHOLE thought and get it right.
1Co 6:9-11 KJV Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, (10) Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. (11) And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
We are NOT justified in OURSELVES, no matter HOW righteous we are. That's because we HAVE NO RIGHTEOUSNESS before God.

Yep, they avoid verse eleven like the plague. They certainly do have that Cherry Picking Bible Chopping (CPBC) down to a science, though, don't they? They'd be better off with OSAS, but ignorance must be bliss to them. :idunno:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You're just another cherry-picking Bible chopper (CPBC). You and a few others here like to CUT Paul's thought where YOU like it. Read the WHOLE thought and get it right.
1Co 6:9-11 KJV Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, (10) Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. (11) And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
We are NOT justified in OURSELVES, no matter HOW righteous we are. That's because we HAVE NO RIGHTEOUSNESS before God.

Well you might not.

When children are young then they do not doubt their parents especially if they are kind and true to them.

However the world can be a bad place, so that when they are older and lets say their wives or even believers are unkind to them then it is easy to be tempted to be with another woman especially if you are tall dark and handsome and have lots of money, and the woman is beautiful and is kind to you.

OSAS believers are simply little children (and often not at all) who have not overcome anything much in order to stay true to Christ.

Older Christians have a lot of power and know that they are involved with life and death of many people, as well as the freedom to walk away from Christ at any time, something the babes have no freedom to do, and neither the responsibility of much of anything.

LA

glorydaz

You say that, then turn around and do what you claim that you don't do.

Right there.

I wonder...you claim to know. ;)

The point is whether one's trust is in one's own obedience or in the obedience of ONE. In one's own righteousness, or in the only RIGHTEOUS ONE.

Romans 5:19
For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

genuineoriginal

Same old proud people, just like those that Jesus condemned in His time. They just don't understand (nor care, apparently) for the gospel of OUR salvation.
It is a real shame that OSAS believers are like that.
1Co 6:20 KJV For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
We are to glorify God AFTER He buys us.
Christians that deny the false doctrine of OSAS do just that, but the ones that believe in OSAS claim that they will get eternal life even if they turn their backs on the one that bought them.
Shame on them.

genuineoriginal

The point is whether one's trust is in one's own obedience or in the obedience of ONE. In one's own righteousness, or in the only RIGHTEOUS ONE.

Romans 5:19
For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
You really should do a word search in a concordance (blueletterbible.org is a good online reference).

Let's see what the phrase "made righteous" really means according to the words written.

_____
καθίστημι kathistēmi
I.to set, place, put
__A.to set one over a thing (in charge of it)
__B.to appoint one to administer an office
__C.to set down as, constitute, to declare, show to be
__D.to constitute, to render, make, cause to be
__E.to conduct or bring to a certain place
__F.to show or exhibit one's self
____i.come forward as
_____​
_____
δίκαιος dikaios
I.righteous, observing divine laws
__A.in a wide sense, upright, righteous, virtuous, keeping the commands of God
____i.of those who seem to themselves to be righteous, who pride themselves to be righteous, who pride themselves in their virtues, whether real or imagined
____ii.innocent, faultless, guiltless
____iii.used of him whose way of thinking, feeling, and acting is wholly conformed to the will of God, and who therefore needs no rectification in the heart or life
______a.only Christ truly
____iv.approved of or acceptable of God
__B.in a narrower sense, rendering to each his due and that in a judicial sense, passing just judgment on others, whether expressed in words or shown by the manner of dealing with them
_____​
so, by the obedience of One, many shall be caused to be keeping the commandments of God.

So, what does Paul say about being righteous before God?

Romans 2:13
13 (For not the hearers of the law are just (δίκαιος dikaios) before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.​

turbosixx

I try not to cherry pick. I try to understand what Paul is saying but I can't ignore where he tells them, after pointing out their sin, "be not deceived". Can you please explain why he asks/tells them "9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; which includes what he accuses them of?

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Well you might not.

When children are young then they do not doubt their parents especially if they are kind and true to them.

However the world can be a bad place, so that when they are older and lets say their wives or even believers are unkind to them then it is easy to be tempted to be with another woman especially if you are tall dark and handsome and have lots of money, and the woman is beautiful and is kind to you.

OSAS believers are simply little children (and often not at all) who have not overcome anything much in order to stay true to Christ.

Older Christians have a lot of power and know that they are involved with life and death of many people, as well as the freedom to walk away from Christ at any time, something the babes have no freedom to do, and neither the responsibility of much of anything.

LA

I see you're still a "Baloney Salesman."

God's Truth

You have no idea what you are reading which can lead me to no other conclusion than: you are 1 Corinthians 2:14 KJV. And it's not because the work of your salvation wasn't accomplished in your place, but that you believe not and are blinded (2 Corinthians 4:34 KJV).

It is the UNRIGHTEOUS that shall not inherit the kingdom of God (1 Corinthians 6:9-10 KJV) as in those who receive not the love of the truth that they can be saved (2 Thessalonians 2:10 KJV)! Those in the Body are 1 Corinthians 6:11 KJV!

You have to do more than have righteousness by believing.

Our righteous act of believing is like a dirty rag if we do not obey.

God's Truth

Rewards. Our Lord will bring them with Him. That is not salvation....which is a GIFT. There are five crowns....all of which are rewards. Big difference.

The scriptures plainly say the reward is the inheritance, the gift, the promise, the crown, which IS ETERNAL LIFE!

God's Truth

It's he and his ilk that don't know from one moment to the
next if they're saved or not. That was a strange post he just
wrote?

I know that I am saved now, and I know that I will be saved when I die, or if I am alive when Jesus comes again.

I know because I keep having faith and I keep obeying Jesus.

God's Truth

The sin question was taken care of 2,000 years ago. At the judgment, the
unsaved will be judged by their "Works." No mention of them being judged
by their sins. Read the end part of Revelation.

Jesus died for the sins of the world, for everyone who existed when he died, for everyone who existed before he died, and for everyone who would exist after he died.

However, as for the people who existed while he was alive, they would have to repent of their sins and believe Jesus, as the people who lived and or died and were SPIRITS before and or after Jesus died, they would also have to repent to be with Jesus, so as any and all of those who live and then die after Jesus died.