"OSAS" people are not answering this question.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No, you do not obey by lying and telling people that they are saved when they first believe the way OSAS believers do.
If you tell that lie, then when people fall from Grace, the you have to tell a second lie about them never having been saved in the first place, making it so no one is sure whether they said the right magic phrase or if their effort to believe was good enough this time.

Paul told us how we obey:

Romans 13:9-11
9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

Please notice that Paul did not say you received salvation when you first believed, but said that salvation is now nearer than when you first believed.

OSAS is a lie.
You are not saved yet, so keep working out your salvation with fear and trembling, the way Paul told you to do.
That way you can be sure of your salvation.

So, you feel a great need to earn your salvation huh? How are
ya doing with that? Are you saved today? Were you saved
yesterday? Will you be saved tomorrow? It just goes back
and forth with you huh?

God's Truth

Sure 'nuf!

The reward is the promise of the inheritance of eternal life.

Hebrews 9:15
For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant

God's Truth

This next scripture Jesus says his reward is with him. Why do you think it is singular “reward” and not plural “rewards” since people here are claiming we get reward(s)? ---

Revelation 22:12
[ Epilogue: Invitation and Warning ] “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done.

For anyone who wants to say the reward is not eternal life, please tell me what kinds of reward(s) there will be. Please use scripture to tell me what kinds of rewards there will be.

genuineoriginal

Continuing in the grace of God is to continue in God's goodness by being established by the gospel of Christ! (Romans 1:9-16 KJV)

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Romans 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

1 Thessalonians 3:2 And sent Timotheus, our brother, and minister of God, and our fellowlabourer in the gospel of Christ, to establish you, and to comfort you concerning your faith:
You spend a lot of time telling people that they don't have to walk worthy of God, but Paul spent a lot of time telling people the opposite.

1 Thessalonians 2:10-12
10 Ye are witnesses, and God also, how holily and justly and unblameably we behaved ourselves among you that believe:
11 As ye know how we exhorted and comforted and charged every one of you, as a father doth his children,
12 That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory.​

You spend a lot of time telling people it doesn't matter what they do after making a profession of belief, but Paul spent a lot of time telling people to change their behavior.

1 Thessalonians 4:2-8
2 For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus.
3 For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
4 That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;
5 Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God:
6 That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified.
7 For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.
8 He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.​

I am curious to find out why you are trying to convince believers that righteousness and holiness are unnecessary for Christians, when most of Paul's writings were teaching the importance of righteousness and holiness in Christians.

God's Truth

Here is more meat not milk for babies.

These scriptures say the inheritance is the kingdom of God. The inheritance is eternal life, and it is the reward.

Galatians 5:21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Matthew 25:34 "Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders

1 Corinthians 6:10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

God's Truth

To continue in the faith is about doctrine/ to hold fast the form of sound words that we have heard of Paul 2 Timothy 1:13 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:2 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:7-8 KJV, 2 Timothy 4:7-8 KJV. It has nothing to do with salvation, but reward!

1 Corinthians 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

1 Corinthians 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

1 Corinthians 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

1 Corinthians 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

1 Corinthians 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Heir, please explain to me how these believers can be deceived.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders

God's Truth

This is false.

Gift: gift
ɡift/
noun
noun: gift; plural noun: gifts

a thing given willingly to someone without payment

re·ward
rəˈwôrd/
noun
noun: reward; plural noun: rewards

a thing given in recognition of one's service, effort, or achievement

Seems you dont understand the difference here.

We are given grace -

Grace - 2.
(in Christian belief) the free and unmerited favor of God

Grace has nothing to do with reward. Rewards are earned, grace is free.

The people USED to have to WORK AT CLEANING THEMSELVES.

They could clean themselves then go to the temple where God's Spirit was.

They could do those works and they MUST BE ALLOWED to come to the temple!

HOWEVER, God did NOT like it that they could clean themselves to go to the temple, but NOT really have any faith in God, and not stop sinning in their heart and mind.

But, they cleaned themselves as God said to do through Moses.

So they were allowed in the temple where God's Spirit was.

That law was not based on faith. That means if a person did not really love God in the heart, then they could still do the CEREMONIAL works to clean themselves and be near God.

But when Jesus came, he taught the guidelines for the NEW COVENANT, the COVENANT is the new law, the new law that requires FAITH.

The old law did not take faith.

Faith makes all the difference, but it is STILL ABOUT OBEYING GOD.

We no longer have to work at cleaning ourselves, because faith that Jesus blood cleans us is the only thing we have to do, but clean us from what? Clean us from US, and our SINS that we REPENT OF DOING.

genuineoriginal

So, you feel a great need to earn your salvation huh?
Do you even have a clue on what the Bible says you need to do to be saved?

How are
ya doing with that?
It is nice of you to be concerned about my salvation.
I can only assume that you are on your knees praying about my salvation daily, like Paul did for those he was concerned about.

Are you saved today? Were you saved
yesterday? Will you be saved tomorrow?
Jesus did not return yesterday, He didn't return today, and He might not return tomorrow.
But someday He will come the second time to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

It just goes back
and forth with you huh?
No, I just continue my pursuit toward the goal, the prize of God’s upward calling, in Christ Jesus.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If you are sinning, then you are NOT righteous.

Believing Jesus IS righteous; however, that righteous act of believing Jesus becomes a filthy rag if you do not obey him.

ALL of those who have placed their faith in Christ and
have been sealed, indwelt, and baptized into the Body
of Christ by the Holy Spirit, will receive eternal life.
They are Children of God and cannot lose that position
for any reason.

heir

TOL Subscriber

by listening to someone like you deny them:

1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Do you even have a clue on what the Bible says you need to do to be saved?

It is nice of you to be concerned about my salvation.
I can only assume that you are on your knees praying about my salvation daily, like Paul did for those he was concerned about.

Jesus did not return yesterday, He didn't return today, and He might not return tomorrow.
But someday He will come the second time to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

No, I just continue my pursuit toward the goal, the prize of God’s upward calling, in Christ Jesus.

In other words, you're trying your best to earn eternal life.

heir

TOL Subscriber

It is the "unrighteous" who shall not inherit the kingdom of God, but we will as we have been washed, sanctified, and justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

1 Corinthians 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Leave it to the religious, but lost snake to leave out the good news conclusion to the syllogism!

heir

TOL Subscriber
If you are sinning, then you are NOT righteous.
vs.

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Romans 5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It is the "unrighteous" who shall not inherit the kingdom of God, but we will as we have been washed, sanctified, and justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

1 Corinthians 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Leave it to the religious, but lost snake to leave out the good news conclusion to the syllogism!

Amen

God's Truth

by listening to someone like you deny them:

BUT PAUL says it is by still sinning, which you say does not matter once you have been saved!

genuineoriginal

In other words, you're trying your best to earn eternal life.
You think you are saved because of a time that you called Jesus your Lord.

Jesus said merely saying that He is Lord is not good enough for Him.
He wants you to do more than just call Him Lord.

Matthew 7:21
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.​

And don't claim that Paul didn't preach about the kingdom.

Acts 28:23
23 And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.​

Paul said you can't work your way into the kingdom of God, but he also clearly said that you can work your way out of the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:19-21
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.​