"OSAS" people are not answering this question.

God's Truth

vs.

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Romans 5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

...without the law of circumcision, and all the other ceremonial works.

God's Truth

Why are these people going against obeying Jesus? Jesus' words are good, they are sweet, they are full of Spirit and life.

Psalm 34:8 Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.

glorydaz

Neither would I, but Glorydaz claims she would trust her children with a guy she only knows from the internet who claims he can murder someone today and still be forever justified. Pretty crazy.

As I stated, ignorant one, I know where John W is coming from. He was making a point that even someone with your IQ should be able to understand. Unlike you (and your Bible reading habits) I don't take what John W says out of context. :chuckle:

He also says you people consider yourselves "cleaner rats", too, which, zooooooooom, goes right over your heads.

Besides, my "children" are as old as John W. and they all trust in the Lord as they walk among all kinds of worldly people. It's my grandkids I wouldn't trust with you since you seem to prefer them young. :)

God's Truth

As I stated, ignorant one, I know where John W is coming from. He was making a point that even someone with your IQ should be able to understand. Unlike you (and your Bible reading habits) I don't take what John W says out of context. :chuckle:

He also says you people consider yourselves "cleaner rats", too, which, zooooooooom, goes right over your heads.

Besides, my "children" are as old as John W. and they all trust in the Lord as they walk among all kinds of worldly people. It's my grandkids I wouldn't trust with you since you seem to prefer them young. :)

What evilness.

elohiym

elohiym said:
Do you still commit any of the acts that Paul listed in Galatians 5:19-21? Yes or no?

I am not in the flesh. You seem ignorant of that very important fact.

I'm not in the flesh, which is why I don't commit any of the acts listed by Paul in Galatians 5:19-21. Paul states if we walk in the Spirit we will not do those acts. You still have not given a straight answer as to whether or not you do those acts Paul listed. It seems you are implying you do at least some of those acts (covet?) but are "not in the flesh" so you don't have to pay the wages of sin and think you can claim you have no sin while you commit any of those acts.

Those in the flesh commit works of the flesh.

That's correct. Then if you are truly not in the flesh and walking in the Spirit you should be able to claim unequivocally that you no longer commit any of those acts that Paul listed in Galatians 5:19-21. And if you don't commit any of those acts, you can't be breaking the law whether you are under it or not.

glorydaz

You are under some misconceptions. I just abide in Christ. I do not think I am capable of accomplishing anything out of my own strength.

Then how can you claim you have to do something to stay saved? You believe in OSAS, but you just refuse to admit it.

I draw on His grace but I do not pursue the things of the world flesh and devil either. Again, since Christ is my life I do not focus on that at all.

Not true....you focus on that all the time in your posts on this thread.

I know for a fact that the doctrine is used by many as an excuse to live a lifestyle of sin.

So, because a particular doctrine is used as an excuse for sin, you will deny that doctrine even though you and the members of your church have no fear of losing their salvation. :think:

You do not know what people in my Church think and it is presumptuous and judgmental for you to make the criticisms you have made about people you do not know. Notice I make no such judgments about your Church or you.

No one I know in my Church is living in fear of losing their salvation though we do not believe in OSAS.

As you can see in the above quote, you were the one who brought up the beliefs of members in your church. I have said nothing about my church at all. Therefore, you'd have to make things up to make any "judgments".

Abiding in Him, remaining in Him is not about being perfect it is about continuing to place your faith in him and continuing to believe the message of salvation. .

And didn't you just say in the above quote that you felt you were not capable of accomplishing anything out of your own strength? How is it that you can continue doing what you are not capable of doing....in your own strength. ("Not of yourself" is written in Eph. 2 for a reason.)

God's Truth

I'm not in the flesh, which is why I don't commit any of the acts listed by Paul in Galatians 5:19-21. Paul states if we walk in the Spirit we will not do those acts. You still have not given a straight answer as to whether or not you do those acts Paul listed. It seems you are implying you do at least some of those acts (covet?) but are "not in the flesh" so you don't have to pay the wages of sin and think you can claim you have no sin while you commit any of those acts.

That's correct. Then if you are truly not in the flesh and walking in the Spirit you should be able to claim unequivocally that you no longer commit any of those acts that Paul listed in Galatians 5:19-21. And if you don't commit any of those acts, you can't be breaking the law whether you are under it or not.

She says walking in the flesh IS obeying Jesus! Can you believe it?

glorydaz

It is the "unrighteous" who shall not inherit the kingdom of God, but we will as we have been washed, sanctified, and justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

1 Corinthians 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Leave it to the religious, but lost snake to leave out the good news conclusion to the syllogism!

I'll let Heir show you the scripture. However, that does not change the fact that I am not under the law. You continue to preach the law while making claims that are not possible within the law. Your message is as mixed as when one attempts to mix oil and water. What you need to do is stop throwing the law in the faces of those who have been delivered from it and all it's condemnation. Stop doing that....you are doing satan's work for him. :nono:

God's Truth

I'll let Heir show you the scripture. However, that does not change the fact that I am not under the law. You continue to preach the law while making claims that are not possible within the law. Your message is as mixed as when one attempts to mix oil and water. What you need to do is stop throwing the law in the faces of those who have been delivered from it and all it's condemnation. Stop doing that....you are doing satan's work for him. :nono:

These are the old law ceremonial works that one MUST do:

The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

We do NOT have to do THOSE WORKS anymore, but we still have to obey Jesus.

elohiym

As I stated, ignorant one, I know where John W is coming from.

If you trust your children with someone you only "know" from the internet, especially one that claims he can murder someone while claiming to be a Christian and be forever justified, you're a fool.

He was making a point that even someone with your IQ should be able to understand.

The beloved Apostle John, a true saint, wrote, "no murderer has eternal life abiding in him." A child can understand that. You and JohnW cannot understand because God has blinded your eyes to the truth. Otherwise you would understand simple ideas like, "whoever hates his brother is in the darkness and walks in the darkness, and
does not know where he is going..." A murderer hates his brother, so no, JohnW cannot murder anyone today and claim to be a Christian at the same time.

Then you should grasp that he is implying everyone is a dirty rat, which is to say that everyone will always commit those acts in Galatians 5:19-21; but truth is not everyone is a rat, let alone a dirty rat. The Lord said, "You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you." Obviously some people are clean whether or not you and your ilk want to acknowledge the fact.

Besides, my "children" are as old as John W. and they all trust in the Lord as they walk among all kinds of worldly people.

If they commit any of the acts listed by Paul in Galatians 5:19-21, they are of the world and in the flesh.

It's my grandkids I wouldn't trust with you since you seem to prefer them young. :)

You are just evil surmising and will have to give account on judgement day for your words.

God's Truth

Obeying Jesus IS walking in the Spirit.

Jesus words ARE Spirit.

If you obey Jesus' words, you are walking in the Spirit.

Jesus said MORE THAN BELIEVE.

Jesus says to believe that you must obey him

glorydaz

I am not judging any particular group or Church but I have known many Christians who have fallen into sin. I have had occasion to talk to them at length about their life and while some of them were not believers many of them were. From where you are you may not be able to see these people but those of us who work on the ground deal with it all the time.

Shasta! Did you really just say that? Lord have mercy. Regardless of what you may think, we all live in this fallen world. We all work "on the ground". This may well be the silliest statement I've heard to date. :rotfl:

Paul had to take believers to task for their sin and even kick them out. He did not tell the Church to preach Christ to them so they would be saved, he disciplined them because they were believers. Was he being judgmental too or was he exercising truth and love.

Paul didn't kick believers out for their sin. Newsflash....not everyone seated in those pews is a believer.

And, since when does discipline of any kind mean a loss of salvation. When you sit your kids in a corner, are they still your kids?

God's Truth

Shasta! Did you really just say that? Lord have mercy. Regardless of what you may think, we all live in this fallen world. We all work "on the ground". This may well be the silliest statement I've heard to date. :rotfl:

Paul didn't kick believers out for their sin. Newsflash....not everyone seated in those pews is a believer.

And, since when does discipline of any kind mean a loss of salvation. When you sit your kids in a corner, are they still your kids?

Philippians 2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling

2 Thessalonians 3:14 If anyone does not obey our instruction in this letter, take special note of him. Do not associate with him, in order that he may feel ashamed.15 Yet do not regard them as an enemy, but warn them as you would a fellow believer.

1 Corinthians 5:2 And you are proud! Shouldn't you rather have gone into mourning and have put out of your fellowship the man who has been doing this?

1 Corinthians 5:13
God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked person from among you."

God's Truth

Matthew 8:12 But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

How about that? Paul teaches what Jesus teaches when he walked the earth

God's Truth

Taste and see that the Lord is good.

How are you going to taste if you do not pick up the food and eat it?

You have to do more than just believe Jesus' words, you have to actually do what he says.

Are you going to just stare and say yeah that is good I believe it?

Or are you going to do what he says and know?

glorydaz

If you trust your children with someone you only "know" from the internet, especially one that claims he can murder someone while claiming to be a Christian and be forever justified, you're a fool.

I know you don't understand what it means to be members of the body of Christ. I understand John W....it's you that keeps proving you are not one of us.

The beloved Apostle John, a true saint, wrote, "no murderer has eternal life abiding in him." A child can understand that. You and JohnW cannot understand because God has blinded your eyes to the truth. Otherwise you would understand simple ideas like, "whoever hates his brother is in the darkness and walks in the darkness, and
does not know where he is going..." A murderer hates his brother, so no, JohnW cannot murder anyone today and claim to be a Christian at the same time.

Guess you didn't read this part, did ya?

Matt. 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Then you should grasp that he is implying everyone is a dirty rat, which is to say that everyone will always commit those acts in Galatians 5:19-21; but truth is not everyone is rat, let alone a dirty rat. The Lord said, "You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you." Obviously some people are clean whether or not you and your ilk want to acknowledge the fact.

Gotta love those double standards. :rotfl:

If they commit any of the acts listed by Paul in Galatians 5:19-21, they are of the world and in the flesh.

Believers are not in the flesh. You can't rewrite the Scripture, no matter how hard you try.

You are just evil surmising and will have to give account on judgement day for your words.

Oh, yes, I'm so evil. I'm sure glad you're here to make those judgments....lest I might actually be guilty of having assurance and trusting the Lord instead of myself.

SaulToPaul 2

You have to do more than just believe Jesus' words, you have to actually do what he says.

Matthew 5
25 Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.

39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.