"OSAS" people are not answering this question.

God's Truth

The reward is an inheritance.

Colossians 3:24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

The reward is the promise of the inheritance of eternal life.

Hebrews 9:15
For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

In case you still are not sure the inheritance is eternal life, which is our reward, read and study these scriptures, there should be no more doubt after reading them.

Matthew 19:29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.

Luke 10:25[ The Parable of the Good Samaritan ] On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

The REWARD is the PROMISE, of an INHERITANCE, and the INHERITANCE is ETERNAL LIFE.

2 John 1:8 Watch out that you do not lose what we have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully.

Chapter and verse.....

genuineoriginal

Those who believe are fully persuaded that God is able to perform what He has promised. Only those who doubt God is able will give up before they reach the end. That is not belief and that will not LAST. Simply because it is not belief at all.
Those who give up and those that do not do are the ones that have belief without faith.
Your belief is not enough until it is turned into faith through works.
See Hebrews 11 for the proof of what faith looks like.

genuineoriginal

The reward is an inheritance.

Colossians 3:24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

The reward is the promise of the inheritance of eternal life.

Hebrews 9:15
For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

In case you still are not sure the inheritance is eternal life, which is our reward, read and study these scriptures, there should be no more doubt after reading them.

Matthew 19:29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.

Luke 10:25[ The Parable of the Good Samaritan ] On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

The REWARD is the PROMISE, of an INHERITANCE, and the INHERITANCE is ETERNAL LIFE.

2 John 1:8 Watch out that you do not lose what we have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully.
Yep.
:thumb:

God's Truth

Revelation 22:12
[ Epilogue: Invitation and Warning ] “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done.

turbosixx

The context is not salvation, but being grounded and settled!

Colossians 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Paul is addressing saints in Colosse (Colossians 1:2 KJV): those who have faith in Christ Jesus (Colossians 1:4 KJV), to know of the hope that is laid up for them in heaven having heard before the word of the truth of the gospel (Colossians 1:4-5 KJV).

To be grounded and settled and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel is to be filled with the knowledge of God’s will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding,

Colossians 1:9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

to walk worthy of the Lord (as Paul beseeched the Ephesians Ephesians 4:1-6 KJV) unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God

Colossians 1:10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

God’s will is that all men be saved, AND to come unto the knowledge of the truth!

1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth whereunto Paul was ordained a preacher, and an apostle, a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity (1 Timothy 2:7 KJV), a minister, according to the dispensation of God which was given to him for us, to fulfil the word of God (Colossians 1:26 KJV)

Colossians 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
Colossians 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:
Colossians 1:29 Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Ok, thanks

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Salvation is a gift that God gives as a reward to those that please Him.

It really is that simple.

Now all you have to do is figure out what pleases God and do that, also figure out what displeases God and don't do that.

If you are wondering about what those things are, read the scriptures.

This is false.

Gift: gift
ɡift/
noun
noun: gift; plural noun: gifts

a thing given willingly to someone without payment

re·ward
rəˈwôrd/
noun
noun: reward; plural noun: rewards

a thing given in recognition of one's service, effort, or achievement

Seems you dont understand the difference here.

We are given grace -

Grace - 2.
(in Christian belief) the free and unmerited favor of God

Grace has nothing to do with reward. Rewards are earned, grace is free.

Shasta

One sin does not takes us OUT of the light. John does indeed convey staying in the light but you assume a sin will blot out the light, and that is just not so.

I do not think that one sin puts me completely in darkness. John said:

My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate before the Father--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One (1 John 2:1)

"IF anyone does sin" means that it can happen. However speaking of sinning in he book John uses the present tense which indicates repetitive or continuous action. In this verse above he uses the word sin is in the aorist tense which is a past tense, Here in this conditional sentence it means that the sin is NOT continual but a single act which is exactly what most translations say.

We can and do commit sins but we do not have to live in them. This idea that there is a difference between committing a sin and living a lifestyle of sin is not an interpretation but comes directly from the language that John uses. John does not believe in sinless perfectionism but neither does he believe in libertine antinomianism.

Shasta

Then where is your assurance of salvation? It sounds like you don't think you can be lost but think others can. :think:

Do you walk by sight and not faith? Surely you aren't buying the claims of unbelievers. Of course you will see Christians in name only. There is nothing new there. That has been going on since the dawn of time.

Really? That is exactly what you have done. You see all these people that live like sinners but claim to be saved. And I see all these people that act all holier than thou but have not ever believed the gospel of salvation. Making claims is very easy to do.

And, if you're honest, there are people who can look at your life and find sin there. Some people think celebrating a birthday is a sin....anger? Do you get angry? Do you think our loving Father would toss us out of His house because we weren't perfect? Adoption doesn't work that way even in this day and age.

Just as I thought. You have people in your church who have assurance of their own salvation, but refuse to accept that others are out there that have that same assurance. You have stereo-typed those who use the words OSAS as wrong while you and your friends think your "assurance" is fine.

We all must freely accept the GIFT of salvation, but we are absolutely incapable of keeping ourselves saved. The Spirit does the work in us....we are BEING CONFORMED....we are being trained up in the way we should go as adopted sons of God. Sounds to me like many people in your church know this....and you seem to know it yourself (from your first paragraph). What you refuse to do is admit it. Is your trust in the Lord or in yourself? You'd do well to think about that and what you've been preaching.

Let me try to communicate a few things. I do not accuse all people who believe in OSAS of being lawless. Many of my friends do and are godly people. I would not say you or any poster who believes in OSAS is lawless either. I know for a fact that the doctrine is used by many as an excuse to live a lifestyle of sin. I also know people who believe because they refrain from this or that sin that this makes them acceptable to God. That is wrong too.

You do not know what people in my Church think and it is presumptuous and judgmental for you to make the criticisms you have made about people you do not know. Notice I make no such judgments about your Church or you.

Abiding in Him, remaining in Him is not about being perfect it is about continuing to place your faith in him and continuing to believe the message of salvation. Faith is all about being dependent not about me being strong enough to walk uprightly on my own. I find it amazing that many of you who believe a so-called "Grace" gospel are so quick to condemn those of us who do not believe in OSAS. Most Churches do not. Exegetically your case just does not hold up. Historically the Early Church did not believe in either MAD or OSAS. That is all I have been saying. However, I would not venture to say you or anyone who believes OSAS is not born again or not going to inherit eternal life. I am not the one who will decide that matter.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Let me try to communicate a few things. I do not accuse all people who believe in OSAS of being lawless. Many of my friends do and are godly people. I would not say you or any poster who believes in OSAS is lawless either. I know for a fact that the doctrine is used by many as an excuse to live a lifestyle of sin.

This is false and presumptuous and judgmental of you, anyone who wants an excuse to sin, is likely not saved.

Saying He did it all, isnt looking for license to sin, its giving the credit where the credit it is due. To Him, who is our covering and He is and will continue to be without sin.

We are not judged by our merits, we are judged by His.

I also know people who believe because they refrain from this or that sin that this makes them acceptable to God. That is wrong too.

That is what is wrong altogether, we do nothing for salvation - nothing we dont earn it and we dont keep it, He did and does.

You do not know what people in my Church think and it is presumptuous and judgmental for you to make the criticisms you have made about people you do not know. Notice I make no such judgments about your Church or you.
The same applies to you.

Shasta

The context is not salvation, but being grounded and settled!

Colossians 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Paul is addressing saints in Colosse (Colossians 1:2 KJV): those who have faith in Christ Jesus (Colossians 1:4 KJV), to know of the hope that is laid up for them in heaven having heard before the word of the truth of the gospel (Colossians 1:4-5 KJV).

To be grounded and settled and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel is to be filled with the knowledge of God’s will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding,

Colossians 1:9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

to walk worthy of the Lord (as Paul beseeched the Ephesians Ephesians 4:1-6 KJV) unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God

Colossians 1:10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

God’s will is that all men be saved, AND to come unto the knowledge of the truth!

1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth whereunto Paul was ordained a preacher, and an apostle, a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity (1 Timothy 2:7 KJV), a minister, according to the dispensation of God which was given to him for us, to fulfil the word of God (Colossians 1:26 KJV)

Colossians 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
Colossians 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:
Colossians 1:29 Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Let's look at that again

This is about a believer's past

21 And you, who once were alienated and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds,

This is about a believer's present

22 he has now reconciled in his body of flesh by his death,

This is about God's plan for the believer in the future

in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before him,

To this promise is appended a condition

23 IF indeed you continue in the faith, stable and steadfast, not shifting from the hope of the gospel that you heard, which has been proclaimed in all creationg under heaven, and of which I, Paul, became a minister.

The condition for being among those who will be presented blameless and above reproach before Him is (1) continuing in the faith and (2) not moving away from the Gospel.

If, as you say, all sins are forgiven past present and future from the first moment we are saved then we would all be presented blameless and above reproach, no matter what we did. Paul is saying that no matter how we began we have to continue to the end. Our final end is conditioned upon our ongoing faith.

All the rest Paul has said about his prayers for them, about their continuing to walk worthy about their needing to get knowledge was to assist them in being grounded in their faith. These things would equip them for the road that lay ahead of them.

heir

TOL Subscriber
in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before him,

To this promise is appended a condition
Nope. The Colossians, just like we, are complete in Him

Colossians 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

God hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light, not by something we do.

Colossians 1:11 Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

Colossians 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

And just like the Ephesians, it is God Who hath made us accepted in the beloved. It's not by anything that we have done, but to the praise of the glory of His grace!

Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Ephesians 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Ephesians 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Ephesians 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Shasta

This is false and presumptuous and judgmental of you, anyone who wants an excuse to sin, is likely not saved.

Saying He did it all, isnt looking for license to sin, its giving the credit where the credit it is due. To Him, who is our covering and He is and will continue to be without sin.

We are not judged by our merits, we are judged by His.

That is what is wrong altogether, we do nothing for salvation - nothing we dont earn it and we dont keep it, He did and does.

The same applies to you.

I am not judging any particular group or Church but I have known many Christians who have fallen into sin. I have had occasion to talk to them at length about their life and while some of them were not believers many of them were. From where you are you may not be able to see these people but those of us who work on the ground deal with it all the time.

Paul had to take believers to task for their sin and even kick them out. He did not tell the Church to preach Christ to them so they would be saved, he disciplined them because they were believers. Was he being judgmental too or was he exercising truth and love.