"OSAS" people are not answering this question.

Dan Emanuel

You never took communion...
True. Not licitly. At least as far as I understand thing's.

And that distinguish's me from you, if I'm not mistaken; doesn't it? You have actually taken actual communion, correct? At Catholic Mass? How many time's, would you say? Hundred's of time's? Thousand's?
...Do you call having a wafer from one of the Catholic denomination's communion?
Um . . . that question is wrong in so many way's, I'll pass.

DJ

glorydaz

Dude, are you shooting for the dumbest post every on TOL?

A GIFT is never a REWARD.

From dictionary.com regarding a GIFT:
something bestowed or acquired without any particular effort by the recipient or without its being earned:

Your comment is just ridiculous!.

Is that the oldest story in the Book, or what?

Man refusing to give God all the glory and demanding some for himself. "I did this and I did that therefore I have earned my salvation. He'd better pay up or I'll sue Him in that big court in the sky." :banana:

Dan Emanuel

You feel real confident today because the sinful Catholic "pope" is in America, and all people, even non Catholics are blaspheming by calling that sinful man "Holy Father".

It should make you cringe to hear someone call that man Holy Father.
'Just none of that is true.

DJ

genuineoriginal

Is that the oldest story in the Book, or what?

Man refusing to give God all the glory and demanding some for himself. "I did this and I did that therefore I have earned my salvation. He'd better pay up or I'll sue Him in that big court in the sky." :banana:
Yes, OSAS believers love to stand there praying with themselves and claiming that the other person is the proud boaster of the two, even though the person the OSAS believer is pointing to is standing afar off, won't even lift up his eyes, is quietly beating his chest, and is begging for mercy.

Guess which of the two is going to be honored for what they did?

No, it is the OSAS believer that is claiming that "He'd better pay up or I'll sue Him in that big court in the sky."

God's Truth

True. Not licitly. At least as far as I understand thing's.

And that distinguish's me from you, if I'm not mistaken; doesn't it? You have actually taken actual communion, correct? At Catholic Mass? How many time's, would you say? Hundred's of time's? Thousand's?
Um . . . that question is wrong in so many way's, I'll pass.

DJ

Why are you hiding your beliefs and denomination?

glorydaz

Yes, that is how the scriptures define Salvation.
:thumb:

Nope, salvation is not a reward. A reward is something you earn. Salvation is a GIFT....not of yourself....not of works lest any man (or woman) should boast. And you agree with that heathen God's UNtruth who claims this text in Ephesians is all about works like circumcision and various washings? NOT OF YOURSELVES, people! :nono:

Shame on you people who think you deserve anything from God. Shame on you people who think you can merit salvation by your own blood, sweat or tears. Shame on you worker bees who refuse to give all Glory to the Lord Jesus Christ. Satan must be dancing and laughing and celebrating at your foolishness. IN THE AGES TO COME....he will not be laughing, and neither will you be. You will be hanging your head in shame.

Eph. 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

Eph. 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Eph. 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Eph. 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Eph. 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Eph. 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.​

God's Truth

Yes, OSAS believers love to stand there praying with themselves and claiming that the other person is the proud boaster of the two, even though the person the OSAS believer is pointing to is standing afar off, won't even lift up his eyes, is quietly beating his chest, and is begging for mercy.

No, it is the OSAS believer that is claiming that "He'd better pay up or I'll sue Him in that big court in the sky."

Troll bait?

Danoh

The other MADist said there were no books.
Maybe you need to school him?

Yeah, like you.

God's Truth can be known. You will not find God's Truth by going to seminary; or to a denomination's study class, etc.

If a person wants God's Truth and not some religion's truth, then you have to get a Bible and what Jesus says.

Yeah, I knew my words would be wasted. Theology, o slow one, is basically organizing one's studies into different subjects because there are so many.

The study of salvation, the study of service, the study of gifts, the study of angels, and so on - the study of why women should not be teaching the Bible :chuckle:

God's Truth

It should be obvious Paul is not talking about what you think he's talking about ie salvation. You need to put a little more thought into your posts.

Acts 24:15
And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.​

The reward is an inheritance.

Colossians 3:24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

God's Truth

Yeah, I knew my words would be wasted. Theology, o slow one, is basically organizing one's studies into different subjects because there are so many.

The study of salvation, the study of service, the study of gifts, the study of angels, and so on - the study of why women should not be teaching the Bible :chuckle:

That is all Satan has left you with are insults.

glorydaz

:mock: genuineoriginal

Little kids use that technique. No, you are mean. No, you said a bad word. No, you're the one who called me a bad name. I sense a bit of frustration from the little worker bees who insist there is room on the cross for their little bitty wings of glory.

God's Truth

Nope, salvation is not a reward. A reward is something you earn. Salvation is a GIFT....not of yourself....not of works lest any man (or woman) should boast. And you agree with that heathen God's UNtruth who claims this text in Ephesians is all about works like circumcision and various washings? NOT OF YOURSELVES, people! :nono:

Shame on you people who think you deserve anything from God. Shame on you people who think you can merit salvation by your own blood, sweat or tears. Shame on you worker bees who refuse to give all Glory to the Lord Jesus Christ. Satan must be dancing and laughing and celebrating at your foolishness. IN THE AGES TO COME....he will not be laughing, and neither will you be. You will be hanging your head in shame.

Eph. 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

Eph. 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Eph. 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Eph. 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Eph. 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Eph. 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.​

The reward is the promise of the inheritance of eternal life.

Hebrews 9:15
For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

Oh look, glorydaz, the writer of Hebrews says what the writer of Ephesians says.

God's Truth

:mock: genuineoriginal

Little kids use that technique. No, you are mean. No, you said a bad word. No, you're the one who called me a bad name. I sense a bit of frustration from the little worker bees who insist there is room on the cross for their little bitty wings of glory.

You sin and then lie and say you do not.

Right Divider

Body part
I am well aware that the definition of the words used in the English Bible have been changed in a way to lead people away from the truth, just like the word marriage has been redefined to mean something other than the union of a man and a woman.

That does not mean that the new English definition can rewrite scripture, it means that we must be diligent in finding out the true meaning of the words in scripture instead of relying on 21st century American English definitions of the words that were originally written in 17th century British English to translate 1st century Koine Greek.

Here is one of the many words translated as "gift" in 17th century British English:
_____
χάρισμα • ‎(khárisma) (genitive χαρίσματος); n, third declension
A favourable disposition towards: grace, favor
A voluntary favourable act: favor, gift
_____​
Many Christian influenced dictionaries will give a distorted definition based on the un-Biblical idea that the gift is given to someone that does not merit it.
However the truth is that the gift is given only because God is pleased, and the things that please God the most are love for Him, true humility, and true faith.

So, the way the scriptures are written show that the Apostles believed that Salvation is a gift of God that is only given as a reward to those who earn it by pleasing God through their faith.
You are just a babbler.
Rom 5:12-16 KJV Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: (13) (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. (14) Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come. (15) But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many. (16) And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
Yes, you'll probably want to "correct" this translation.

Dan Emanuel

I could not care any less if you were a male or a female...
I care more if your male than if your female, because obviously quite a few poster's here believe you to be female, and you've done precisely nothing to persuade them otherwise, and although you yourself may not have led people to conclude that your female, it also happen's to look an awful lot like a male who's maintaining plausible deniability while letting other's believe an un-Truth.

Intentionally, deliberately maintaining plausible deniability is in itself dishonest, even if nothing else you do is.
...You have to obey Jesus, and stop going against His Word.
Shut, up.

DJ