"OSAS" people are not answering this question.

turbosixx

That's not talking about anyone in the Body of Christ as those who have trusted the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation are saved and sealed. 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV

Could you please show me how you came to that conclusion from the context.

At this point he is talking to Gentiles.
11 ..... But by their transgression salvation has come to the Gentiles, to make them jealous. 12 Now if their transgression is riches for the world and their failure is riches for the Gentiles, how much more will their fulfillment be! 13 But I am speaking to you who are Gentiles. Inasmuch then as I am an apostle of Gentiles, I magnify my ministry, 14 if somehow I might move to jealousy my fellow countrymen and save some of them. 15 For if their rejection is the reconciliation of the world,.......20 Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear;.....25 For I do not want you, brethren,

If they're not in the body of Christ, where are they?

Danoh

Could you please show me how you came to that conclusion from the context.

Lol, this thread is al over the place!

Here is a view on Romans 11 very similar to my own (though not in all points), we might explore on the link below:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4464652#post4464652

Read through it, and if you have any questions, post them over there, and we can explore it at length as its own thread, as it holds the key to a lot of questions.

Thanks

God's Truth

I hope you were implying an answer to GT's challenge, else your citation was pointless.

GT wasn't claiming that, just that some people will not understand it no matter how many times they read it.

Come on, you know that people listened to Jesus in person and still didn't understand. Do you think reading a book a thousand times would work better than listening to God's voice once?

Exactly.

God's Truth

I don't know. Seven?

DJ

You get understanding by obeying. You can read the Bible a thousand times and still not have understanding, unless you obey.

We obey by repenting then get knowledge.

2 Timothy 2:25 correcting opponents with gentleness. Perhaps God will grant them repentance and then knowledge of the truth.

If we obey Jesus---THEN WE WILL KNOW THE TRUTH.

John 8:31 Then Jesus said to those Judeans who had believed him, "If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Jesus reveals himself to those who obey him.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

God's Truth

vs Paul's message to us of

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

The works of righteousness the people used to have to do are these:

The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

No one is made clean by those righteous works anymore, because faith in Jesus' blood makes us clean.

God's Truth

So, what we see here, folks, is an absolute obsession with sin. This is exactly why God's grace delivers us from the law and it's bondage. When one's mind is taken up with sin....either one's own or the perceived sin of the "other guy", there is bondage. Rather than the liberty we have in Christ to keep our eye focused on HIM, these workers see sin everywhere. What a sad state they are in.... :nono:

Jesus' words are not sin. That is what we have our mind on, God's Word.

God's Truth

He wants others to be under the same yoke of bondage that he is. We would be foolish were we to heed his "advice". The enemy detests the liberty we have IN CHRIST JESUS and he will do everything in his power to incapacitate those who fall for the lie that their own self efforts will avail them anything. The only thing self effort accomplishes is putting one's focus on SELF. :nono:

Gal. 3:1-3
O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

The Galatians were talked into observing special days of the old law, and circumcision.

Paul was NOT rebuking the Galatians for obeying Jesus too much.

God's Truth

Yep, you can write many words and parse many verses and explain all you want to....it comes down to your words here, "WE MUST REMAIN YOKED". Man, the glory stealer, insisting on adding himself to our Lord's work on the cross and the Spirit's work in our lives.

Guess what....you have just given yourself a reason to BOAST. God's GIFT has NO STRINGS, and man can take no credit. Boasting is excluded by the LAW OF FAITH. :nono:

Romans 6:16 Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey--whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?

The scripture says sin is a work too.

You claim we do not have to obey and that it is a works salvation.

Sin is a work too.

If you are not working by obeying, then YOU ARE WORKING BY SINNING.

You have to repent of your sins to be saved and to stay saved.

God's Truth

Yep, you can write many words and parse many verses and explain all you want to....it comes down to your words here, "WE MUST REMAIN YOKED". Man, the glory stealer, insisting on adding himself to our Lord's work on the cross and the Spirit's work in our lives.

Guess what....you have just given yourself a reason to BOAST. God's GIFT has NO STRINGS, and man can take no credit. Boasting is excluded by the LAW OF FAITH. :nono:

The Jews had the ceremonial works to boast in.

Galatians 6:13 Not even those who are circumcised keep the law, yet they want you to be circumcised that they may boast about your circumcision in the flesh.

Philippians 3:3 For it is we who are the circumcision, we who serve God by his Spirit, who boast in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh--

Did you read that? That is about not boasting in making ourselves clean with things such as CIRCUMCISION.

Paul says we can boast in obeying.

Paul says he wants us to boast in each other.

For we do not write you anything you cannot read or understand. And I hope that, as you have understood us in part, you will come to understand fully that you can boast of us just as we will boast of you in the day of the Lord Jesus. See 2 Corinthians 1:13,14.

Paul shows us we can boast in ourselves.

2 Corinthians 1:12 Now this is our boast: Our conscience testifies that we have conducted ourselves in the world, and especially in our relations with you, with integrity and godly sincerity. We have done so, relying not on worldly wisdom but on God's grace.

2 Corinthians 7:14 I had boasted to him about you, and you have not embarrassed me. But just as everything we said to you was true, so our boasting about you to Titus has proved to be true as well.

1 Thessalonians 2:10
You are witnesses, and so is God, of how holy, righteous and blameless we were among you who believed.

2 Corinthians 12:6
Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth.

Acts 23:1
Paul looked straight at the Sanhedrin and said, "My brothers, I have fulfilled my duty to God in all good conscience to this day."

1 Corinthians 9:15 But I have not used any of these rights. And I am not writing this in the hope that you will do such things for me, for I would rather die than allow anyone to deprive me of this boast.

God's Truth

Did those of you who believe OSAS is false, tear this out of your bible?

Hebrews 7:25 Therefore He is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.

Jesus is our High Priest. You confess sins to the High Priest. Jesus makes intercession to those who repent of their sins if they commit sins.

God's Truth

vs Paul's message to us of

Tell me what you think that Peter says people misunderstand Paul, and right after Peter said that, he warns us to obey.

Tell me why you think that James had to explain in detail about faith without works is dead and cannot save anyone? Do you think that he might have heard from many people saying what you say?

God's Truth

Philippians 4:9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me--put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

The peace of God is not with you if you are not obeying.

oatmeal

I met a pastor who preached OSAS. He said after a person accepts christ as saviour then his entry to heaven (eternal life) is secured. I asked what if he commits adultery and not repent and not get forgiveness from God. He still said that he would go but God would discipline him (he might even kill him). So i put forth a question in the following way and he could not answer it. He said go and read John's Gospel and you will understand.

notation : M --> me, P ---> the pastor

M: Is God holy?
P: Yes.
M: Does sin dwell in God's place?
P:No.
M: So if a commits adultery he will be disciplined (God might
kill him) but he will go to heaven.
P: yes.
M: Then what happens to the sin he committed ?
P: it will still be there.
M: Who will be accountable for the sin he committed. He did not ask
for forgiveness .
P: the sin will be there.
M: if that sin is still there how will he go to heaven.?
P: why are you focusing on sin leave it.
M: its because that's the thing that separates man from God.
P: you are not a man of God or else you would have simply believed instead of asking these many questions.

and he left.. can anyone answer this question.." who will be held accountable for the unforgiven sin even when the believer has not repented and asked for forgiveness".

ps. i believe that OSAS is false... dont say a true believer will never sin......

What is your question?

The answer that I believe you neglected to ask is answered by Romans 5:1

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The works of righteousness the people used to have to do are these:

The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

No one is made clean by those righteous works anymore, because faith in Jesus' blood makes us clean.

We can add church works to that list as well, including church beliefs structured by the minds of men.

LA