"OSAS" people are not answering this question.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
vs what you said earlier: You don't even believe what you write! You are a walking contradiction and a liar.

Maybe she is sitting down?

As for liar, well you arrive at that conclusion because obedience to Christ is not in your MAD books.

Why not throw your MAD books away and seek to hear the voice of Christ.

He is not dead, He still speaks.

He spoke to Paul, why not to you also?

LA

elohiym

elo was asking me over and over again, "which sins are you involved in?" Nosy
little guy, isn't he?

Did you forget when you asked me to list my sins? Did you forget that people asked me if I sinned? Did you forget your nosey demands for personal testimonies on an OSAS thread? Apparently.

You claimed to "have NO sin" like Glordaz claimed. I asked if you still commit any of the acts that Paul listed in Galatians 5:19-21. You both, along with others, evaded the question. The reason why is obvious, you have a 1 John 1:8 problem.

I'm no more "obsessed" with sin than Paul was. He wrote Galatians 5:19-21, 2 Timothy 5:20 and the other scriptures I've shared from his writings that cast doubt on your false gospel.

elohiym

He wants a complete list? Yikes!

No I don't. Rather, I just wanted you to answer a simple question about Galatians 5:19-21 that would prove whether you truly "have NO sin" or not as you have claimed. If you still covet from time-to-time, you obviously still sin and have a 1 John 1:8 problem.

Dan Emanuel

You get understanding by obeying. You can read the Bible a thousand times and still not have understanding, unless you obey.

We obey by repenting then get knowledge.

2 Timothy 2:25 correcting opponents with gentleness. Perhaps God will grant them repentance and then knowledge of the truth.

If we obey Jesus---THEN WE WILL KNOW THE TRUTH.

John 8:31 Then Jesus said to those Judeans who had believed him, "If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Jesus reveals himself to those who obey him.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."
Psalm 119:11 KJV

DJ

heir

TOL Subscriber
Could you please show me how you came to that conclusion from the context.

At this point he is talking to Gentiles.
11 ..... But by their transgression salvation has come to the Gentiles, to make them jealous. 12 Now if their transgression is riches for the world and their failure is riches for the Gentiles, how much more will their fulfillment be! 13 But I am speaking to you who are Gentiles. Inasmuch then as I am an apostle of Gentiles, I magnify my ministry, 14 if somehow I might move to jealousy my fellow countrymen and save some of them. 15 For if their rejection is the reconciliation of the world,.......20 Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear;.....25 For I do not want you, brethren,

If they're not in the body of Christ, where are they?
In short:

The Romans had a standing in the olive tree by faith (faith in the gospel of God Romans 1:1-4 KJV, Romans 11:17 KJV). It was a faith praised by Paul (Romans 1:8 KJV) but it was not the mutual faith of them and Paul (Romans 1:12 KJV). Israel had fallen (Romans 11:11 KJV) and these Romans needed to continue in the goodness of God or they too would be cut off (Romans 11:17-22 KJV).

There was only one way to continue in the goodness of God and that was to be established into the Body of Christ by Paul's my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery which was kept secret since the world began, but now (at that time) is made manifest (Romans 16:25-27 KJV). That's why Paul "longed to see" them (Romans 1:11 KJV). He was "ready to preach the gospel to you that are in Rome also" (Romans 1:15-17 KJV)!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Can you show me from the context he is not talking about salvation.

The context doesn't support the idea of rewards.
22 yet He has now reconciled you....23 if indeed you continue in the faith

The context is not salvation, but being grounded and settled!

Colossians 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Paul is addressing saints in Colosse (Colossians 1:2 KJV): those who have faith in Christ Jesus (Colossians 1:4 KJV), to know of the hope that is laid up for them in heaven having heard before the word of the truth of the gospel (Colossians 1:4-5 KJV).

To be grounded and settled and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel is to be filled with the knowledge of God’s will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding,

Colossians 1:9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

to walk worthy of the Lord (as Paul beseeched the Ephesians Ephesians 4:1-6 KJV) unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God

Colossians 1:10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

God’s will is that all men be saved, AND to come unto the knowledge of the truth!

1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth whereunto Paul was ordained a preacher, and an apostle, a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity (1 Timothy 2:7 KJV), a minister, according to the dispensation of God which was given to him for us, to fulfil the word of God (Colossians 1:26 KJV)

Colossians 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
Colossians 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:
Colossians 1:29 Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

elohiym

You are under some misconceptions. I just abide in Christ.

Not if you still sin occasionally. See 1 John 3:6 and my arguments that you still have not addressed.

What you see as a danger - legalism is a trap for some but mostly what I see is antinomians - people who insist that because they were once saved they can continue to live in adultery or commit fornication.

You seem to hold to a mixture of those ideas. The legalism you hold to is what causes you to think you still sin but less than unbelievers, and the OSAS you hold to is that you don't believe you suffer the wages of sin when you occasionally sin.

No one I know in my Church is living in fear of losing their salvation though we do not believe in OSAS.

Because they think they keep the law most of the time and will not suffer the wages of sin for occasionally sinning. Basically, it's just another form of OSAS. How do you miss that?

Exegesis and History support the fact that freewill is the original doctrine of the Apostles ...

Were you born of God by your free will?

...and in that there is the possibility of turning away but who would want to.

See the parable of the sower and all the examples throughout the Bible of people turning away.

Like the disciples I say "to whom will I go only You have the words of Eternal Life"

Jesus taught freedom from sin as part of receiving eternal life. "...the truth shall you free." If you sin, you are still in bondage. See Romans 6:16.

God's Truth

We can add church works to that list as well, including church beliefs structured by the minds of men.

LA

That is right, from the minds of men, because the prince of the air...

Thoughts come to the mind like air.

The false doctrines are from the minds of men, from their imagination.

Ephesians 2:2 which were once habitual to you while you walked in the ways of this world and obeyed the Prince of the powers of the air, the spirits that are now at work in the hearts of the sons of disobedience--to you God has given Life.

God's Truth

Maybe she is sitting down?

As for liar, well you arrive at that conclusion because obedience to Christ is not in your MAD books.

Why not throw your MAD books away and seek to hear the voice of Christ.

He is not dead, He still speaks.

He spoke to Paul, why not to you also?

LA

Amen.

When I was searching for God's Truth before I was saved and born again, I resigned to not knowing anything. I put all that I was taught into subjection. When I searched for God's Truth, I kept giving denominations a chance to explain how to get to God.

I had been raised a Catholic; heard what many people said was the truth; studied from Jehovah Witnesses, Mormons, etc.

All I wanted was God's Truth.

So I resigned myself to knowing nothing, but only listened to and did what Jesus said and not what the many denominations say.

Just obey what Jesus says and then he will reveal himself to you.

Repent of your sins and call on him to help you.

elohiym

I don't see where he distinguishes a "lifestyle" of sin from a single sin. "Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him." Doesn't that verse alone prove my position? How can you know him now, then develop a lifestyle of sin that suddenly results in you never knowing him? See? It doesn't make sense the way you are reading it.

The passage also supports what I believe. Sure, I can understand why you have interpreted the passage as you have, but you should consider the context and the other passages in the same epistle and throughout the Bible that cast doubt on your interpretation. Let's consider one example from the same epistle:

According to 1 John 3:15, a murderer does not have eternal life abiding in him; ergo, he's not a believer. Can you agree that it is impossible for a born again person to commit murder, and if a person commits murder it is absolute proof that he isn't a believer while he's committing murder? I'm not asking if a person can become a Christian after being a murderer, but if a murder can possibly be a believer while he is murdering someone.

I disagree. When you covet something just once, according to the true definition of coveting, it reflects a state of mind and your lifestyle. If you covet your neighbor's wife, you have broken at least two commandments but also violated the foundational principle of the law: Matthew 7:12.

"Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God." -- Paul

πράσσοντες is better translated as "doing" rather than "practice." Regardless, it's obvious that a person cannot simultaneously be an idolater and a believer at the same time; they are mutually exclusive ideas. Furthermore, at least some of those acts listed, assuming those are proper translations, involve hatred of another person. This is where John's first epistle refutes the idea that a believer could do those particular acts:

"If someone says, 'I love God,' and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen." -- John

Can you be a believer and at the same time not love God? No. If you have not seen God because you hate your brother (commit those sinful acts against him), have you seen Christ? No; hence the point of 1 John 3:6. How much more proof do you need?

What is your response, Shasta? I took the time to address your post to me. Please show the same courtesy.

God's Truth

No I don't. Rather, I just wanted you to answer a simple question about Galatians 5:19-21 that would prove whether you truly "have NO sin" or not as you have claimed. If you still covet from time-to-time, you obviously still sin and have a 1 John 1:8 problem.

GM and his ilk don't ask us if we sinned and what those sins are, they just like to accuse us because they are sinners but when it comes to them they say, "What sins?"

They have many accusations to the brethren, and hypocritical judging, along with denial. That is some strange teaching.

Hebrews 13:9 Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teachings.

Dan Emanuel

What is pathetic is that you think you can nullify scripture with scripture.

One scripture does not trump another scripture.
What does Psalm 119:11 KJV say? It contradict's; not Scripture; but you.

You contradict Scripture. And you do not obey Jesus; what He command's us to do; in remembrance of Him.

Its in the Bible four time's. How did you miss it?

Genesis 22:8 KJV

DJ