Not open for further replies.

bybee

only a retard would call that "advocating criminal activity"

i'll bet you're right

know why?

'cause Knight ain't a retard

now that's truly retarded

what do all of us deserve, bybee?

Since you regard me as a retard I suppose you will no longer respond to my posts? Why waste your valuable time?
I pray that all you have earned shall come to you in due time.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Certain behaviors are risky, and actions can earn bad things, that's not saying anybody deserves it. I see a contextual difference between deserve and earn. Certain results can be expected from certain actions.

I don't think there is enough of a difference between 'deserve' and 'earn' to matter.

Definition of earn
Popularity: Bottom 40% of words

transitive verb

a : to receive as return for effort and especially for work done or services rendered b : to bring in by way of return <bonds earning 10 percent interest>

a : to come to be duly worthy of or entitled or suited to <she earned a promotion> b : to make worthy of or obtain for <the suggestion earned him a promotion>

Definition of earn

earnedearn·ing

: to get for work done <She earns her pay.>

: to deserve as a result of labor or service <He earned good grades.>

If what you're really getting at is expectation and predictability then there might be instances of rape where you aren't all that surprised but I would avoid saying anything about deserving or earning.

Also, do most girls who act slutty at parties even get raped? :idunno:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
isaiah 13

I responded about Is 13 somewhere. Even if that passage is saying that the women deserved to be raped, the context is about the 'Day of the Lord'. I don't think you can extrapolate from that and say that a particular instance of rape is another example of the same thing and was deserved.

Isa 13:16 Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.

If you want to use this as evidence that rape can be deserved, is that also evidence that children bring dashed to pieces can be deserved too? :idunno:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I responded about Is 13 somewhere. Even if that passage is saying that the women deserved to be raped, the context is about the 'Day of the Lord'. I don't think you can extrapolate from that and say that a particular instance of rape is another example of the same thing and was deserved.

Isa 13:16 Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.

If you want to use this as evidence that rape can be deserved, is that also evidence that children bring dashed to pieces can be deserved too? :idunno:

yep

ClimateSanity

Isaiah 13 is saying that rape and violence against children are allowed when the nation as a whole is being punished. Nothing the women did in particular makes them deserve that particular punishment. All we are using Isaiah 13 for is to illustrate that it isn't beyond Gods nature to allow all manner of horrific punishment and the golden idol of rape is not excluded.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... it isn't beyond Gods nature to allow all manner of horrific punishment and the golden idol of rape is not excluded.

:thumb:

God rains down molten sulfur on whole cities, including children to punish the wicked and prissy little feminists argue that He wouldn't use rape? :darwinsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.