On Deservedness

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
mind stretch......

mind stretch......

Well, that's a little too "cosmic" for me. I understand what you're saying, but you could tighten this up a bit and you'd find a very personal God who knows the number of hairs on our heads. One who cares more than the cosmos ever could. :)

My theology does include a 'personal' God, but also all other aspects of Deity which include pre-personal, super-personal and trans-personal :)

The Urantia Papers expound wonderfully upon the Personality of 'God' here.

God as Love definitely includes the most intimate "personal" experience, but there are dimensions of reality that are prior to and transcending personality...which are wholly material and non-personal. Total reality includes all definitions and what is indefinite.

theophilus

Exactly, like I sated early in this thread. The word deserve makes the answer no. An expectation is more appropriate.

Hebrews 10:26-31 ~ 26 For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a terrifying expectation of judgment and the fury of a fire which will consume the adversaries. 28 Anyone who has set aside the Law of Moses dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 How much severer punishment do you think he will deserve who has trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay.” And again, “The Lord will judge His people.” 31 It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Agreeing with expectation.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You're the Voice............

You're the Voice............

I listen to voices of reason.

:) - I like this statement.

With that in mind, I pray any shared thoughts, words and feelings are reconciled in a spirit of humility and understanding, and ultimately forgiveness concerning any misunderstandings, misrepresentations that may have been 'interpreted' from all sides of this discussion, trusting that divine grace and wisdom shall be the arbiter, coordinating all things by divine providence.

Regardless of differences of opinion or point of view, let us be at peace with one another, staying open to continue learning and changing our view, if needed at any point in time. Life is a wonderful journey.

~*~*~

Just for fun, as a flash-back from the 80's to get everyone on the same page,...enjoy this classic "You're the voice" by John Farnham - the lyrics and music are just as pertinent today as ever,...an anthem towards making peace in all human relations. The album 'Whispering Jack' that this single is from held no. 1 on the Australia charts for 25 weeks. Anyways,...just moving things in a different direction here.

:tunes:

You're the voice - John Farnham

Lyrics:

We have the chance to turn the pages over
We can write what we want to write
We gotta make ends meet, before we get much older

We're all someone's daughter
We're all someone's son
How long can we look at each other
Down the barrel of a gun?

You're the voice, try and understand it
Make a noise and make it clear
Oh-wo-wo-wo, oh-wo-wo-wo
We're not gonna sit in silence
We're not gonna live with fear
Oh-wo-wo-wo, oh-wo-wo-wo

This time, we know we all can stand together
With the power to be powerful
Believing we can make it better

:thumb:

truthjourney

With that in mind, I pray any shared thoughts, words and feelings are reconciled in a spirit of humility and understanding, and ultimately forgiveness concerning any misunderstandings, misrepresentations that may have been 'interpreted' from all sides of this discussion, trusting that divine grace and wisdom shall be the arbiter, coordinating all things by divine providence.

Regardless of differences of opinion or point of view, let us be at peace with one another, staying open to continue learning and changing our view, if needed at any point in time. Life is a wonderful journey.
Great post and I enjoyed the video. :) :thumb:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Just for fun, as a flash-back from the 80's to get everyone on the same page,...enjoy this classic "You're the voice" by John Farnham - the lyrics and music are just as pertinent today as ever,...an anthem towards making peace in all human relations. The album 'Whispering Jack' that this single is from held no. 1 on the Australia charts for 25 weeks. Anyways,...just moving things in a different direction here.

Wait, is this the cosmic cafe now ?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Really, what a compliment. :) Have you heard me call anyone silly, a liberal, a humanist, etc....any name at all?
Because I really try not to do that.

:chuckle: After having a good laugh at the news that you're me, you may be surprised to know that I've actually had the thought before that you remind me a little of myself, although I'm definitely the beneficiary to any comparison between us. :)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
:chuckle: After having a good laugh at the news that you're me, you may be surprised to know that I've actually had the thought before that you remind me a little of myself, although I'm definitely the beneficiary to any comparison between us. :)

I'm so glad you're back anna, I was worried how long it would be.

truthjourney

Really? Ok then it sounds even better coming from you. Now I'm doubly complimented. :chuckle:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I'm so glad you're back anna, I was worried how long it would be.

Thank you, I appreciate that. I didn't have any priors or it would've been for a long time. I don't plan to be here as much though, I have a lot going on in real life. Not to mention how this place has been circling the drain lately. It makes me not want to be here for that reason alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.