On Deservedness

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

No one deserves to be a victim of a crime. Now you might think that rape isn't a crime or a big deal and just a "breeze" but it is NOT. It is a crime just like murder. I don't support the idea of people being deserving of being victims of a crime. You can just go ahead and call me a humanist all you want to.

You say "no one deserves to be a victim of a crime."

That's certainly one opinion. A very liberal one, too, I might add. The thing is....everyone has an opinion of that statement, and you'll find many will see some "exceptions" to that statement. A burglar who has his house burglarized. A car thief who has his car stolen. A wife beater who gets beat up by her brother. A child killer who get killed by the child's father.

This is why man is not supposed to be the decider of what is deserved....for good or bad. Situation ethics must always be based on Biblical principles so there is an actual RIGHT AND WRONG. Right and wrong is not a matter of opinion.

truthjourney

You say "no one deserves to be a victim of a crime."

That's certainly one opinion. A very liberal one, too, I might add. The thing is....everyone has an opinion of that statement, and you'll find many will see some "exceptions" to that statement. A burglar who has his house burglarized. A car thief who has his car stolen. A wife beater who gets beat up by her brother. A child killer who get killed by the child's father.

This is why man is not supposed to be the decider of what is deserved....for good or bad. Situation ethics must always be based on Biblical principles so there is an actual RIGHT AND WRONG. Right and wrong is not a matter of opinion.
Rather, this is the reason why people shouldn't use the bible to justify their wrong thinking and wrong actions that hurts others. You would think that people would have learned that by now.
Nobody has ever in my entire life referred to me as liberal. You'd never convince my granddaughter of that.

bybee

Rather, this is the reason why people shouldn't use the bible to justify their wrong thinking and wrong actions that hurts others. You would think that people would have learned that by now.
Nobody has ever in my entire life referred to me as liberal. You'd never convince my granddaughter of that.

Amen Sister!

ClimateSanity

Well, ya gotta be able to take it if you dish it out, so I shouldn't have said anything. Sorry. I was hoping we could all lighten up a bit, but that may not be possible. :sigh:

What I have dished out is light. A sick twisted perverted soul is nowhere near in scope,but hey, you're getting it worse than me. I'm doing exactly what they want......an emotional reaction.

truthjourney

no, it's a crime just like assault

and the klansman who shouts racial slurs at Michael Brown's parents during his funeral service deserves to get beaten
Oh well pardon me for thinking that you had enough intelligence to figure out that what I was saying is that rape and murder are both CRIMES.

truthjourney

i don't know what i believe anymore :dizzy:

good thing i have so many people ready to help me out and tell me, eh? :banana:
No you know what you believe and you know what you've said. You just think nobody can remember it or better yet have forgotten it. Well think again.

glorydaz

What a joke. It isn't wrong thinking because you say so. Rather than debate, you stoop to this stuff. I know you.

I'm using the Bible to justify the truth....you're a pretender or you'd know that. Biblical principles should apply to all of life, and the Bible is not yours to offer or withhold. You guys want to lie and claim people are not held to account in this life for their bad choices. All because you refuse to admit Doser, me, Angel, Ebenz, Genuine Original, Musty and Climatesanity see what you people flat out REFUSE to even consider. Why? Because you're too darn busy having hissy fits. Very unbecoming. No debate from any of you. Just finger pointing, lying, willful blindness, name calling, false accusations and pride. We try to reason and you guys hate....you can't even hide it, nor do you bother to try. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

truthjourney

What a joke. It isn't wrong thinking because you say so. Rather than debate, you stoop to this stuff. I know you.

I'm using the Bible to justify the truth....you're a pretender or you'd know that. Biblical principles should apply to all of life, and the Bible is not yours to offer or withhold. You guys want to lie and claim people are not held to account in this life for their bad choices. All because you refuse to admit Doser, me, Angel, Ebenz, Genuine Original, Musty and Climatesanity see what you people flat out REFUSE to even consider. Why? Because you're too darn busy having hissy fits. Very unbecoming. No debate from any of you. Just finger pointing, lying, willful blindness, name calling, false accusations and pride. We try to reason and you guys hate....you can't even hide it, nor do you bother to try. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
No, you don't know me. You're using the bible to justify your own thinking and actions. ....I am not going to give criminals any leeway to shift blame onto their victims. So I don't support that kind of thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.