On Deservedness

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClimateSanity

Yes she does, sicko.
Do you agree that a woman deserves to have her body raped by another for bad behavior?
Yes or no?

If you answer "yes" for any reason at all, you are a twisted pervert.

No I don't. You are extremely sick tam. You are full of hate. I can see you headed straight to hell because you are a demonic liar.

ClimateSanity

One thing I know for sure....Tam does not need a "sanity check"...nor do I, and we don't see eye to eye on this.

People are looking at this from opposite perspectives, and they are using different definitions for some of the words. This has become a battle of situational ethics where the rules change according to one's view. There is only one standard through which this can be seen clearly, and it isn't according to what each person has decided is right and wrong.

Anyone that calls me sick and twisted for not toeing the line and seeing things as she does has a mental problem. She seriously needs help with that.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No I don't.
Others here do.

You are extremely sick tam. You are full of hate. I can see you headed straight to hell because you are a demonic liar.[/QUOTE]
Saying that no women ever deserves to have their body raped by another is not sick and twisted.
And it certainly won't make me headed for hell.
You are the sick one if you think that.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Honey, it rains on the just and unjust alike.
God allows tornadoes to kill the just and unjust alike.

God allowing these bad things to happen to folks does not in any way, shape, or form mean that God thinks a woman deserves to have her body raped by another for any reason.

But you do.

She never said that, she never even suggested that God returns sin for sin, you implied that she said that and then ran with it.

God most certainly allows people to suffer consequences of their poor decisions day after day along with their free will, which those without faith will certainly use to their advantage, when given the opportunity.

His word warns us all the time of things that can happen as a result of our own choices AND warns us of how those without faith will act - examples all over scripture.

Allowing and causing are not the same things.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
did God think the wicked and perverted people of Sodom and Gomorrah -man, woman and child - deserved to be burned to death with fire and brimstone?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
She never said that, she never even suggested that God returns sin for sin, you implied that she said that and then ran with it.

God most certainly allows people to suffer consequences of their poor decisions day after day along with their free will, which those without faith will certainly use to their advantage, when given the opportunity.

His word warns us all the time of things that can happen as a result of our own choices AND warns us of how those without faith will act - examples all over scripture.

Allowing and causing are not the same things.
Let's just flat out ask point blank.

GloryDaz,
Do think a woman EVER deserves to have her body raped for any reason at all?

glorydaz

Honey, it rains on the just and unjust alike.
God allows tornadoes to kill the just and unjust alike.

God allowing these bad things to happen to folks does not in any way, shape, or form mean that God thinks a woman deserves to have her body raped by another for any reason.

But you do.

Hey, sister. Yes, I understand where you're coming from. I would certainly agree, but I'm looking from another perspective. So we know death comes, even to those who did not sin as Adam did. And innocent people get raped, as you say.

But, for the few that need to learn a lesson because of their bad behavior, what does God allow and what will He never allow? I didn't say God thinks women deserve to be raped, but I think whenever God allows us to suffer for bad behavior, we deserve it. What He has done is give us free will, and our suffering the consequence of our bad behavior is one of the most effect tools He has set up to get us to turn to Him, both before and after we're saved.

So, do we "deserve" those things God allows to come upon us or not? I believe whatever God allows is deserved. I see this is just like allowing my kids to suffer the consequence of their own bad behavior. It can be painful for them, and it can be painful to watch, but I would tell them they "asked for it" by their own bad behavior. That they deserved what they got because they wouldn't listen. Did I give them a bellyache for stealing all the cookies out of the cookie jar? No, but I allowed it for a purpose....so they would learn.

Heb. 12:11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.​

truthjourney

Let's just flat out ask point blank.

GloryDaz,
Do think a woman EVER deserves to have her body raped for any reason at all?
She's already been quoted many times saying exactly that. But it doesn't seem to matter how many times either she or Sod are quoted saying exactly that. People will stay say that they didn't say it or mean what they said.

ok doser

She's already been quoted many times saying exactly that. But it doesn't seem to matter how many times either she or Sod are quoted saying exactly that. People will stay say that they didn't say it.

here - i'll say it

a woman ever deserves to have her body raped for any reason at all

happy?

maybe i'll add it to my signature line

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I cant make heads or tails of your logic.

I assume you mean what I said about blame and deservedness not always being the same? I can try to explain what I mean.

Back to the lightning example. I don't know if 'blame' is a term I'd use in a situation like this but if the idea is about assigning responsibility for the person being struck by lightning, that person is the only candidate. Who else could be responsible for it, assuming no one forced him to go outside? The victim is responsible for going outside and getting struck.

I wouldn't say the same thing about deservedness. Someone who goes outside in a storm doesn't deserve to get struck. They didn't earn getting struck. It's a risk, and it may happen, but they don't deserve it.

Not sure if that helps or not.

ok doser

I assume you mean what I said about blame and deservedness not always being the same? I can try to explain what I mean.

Back to the lightning example. I don't know if 'blame' is a term I'd use in a situation like this but if the idea is about assigning responsibility for the person being struck by lightning, that person is the only candidate. Who else could be responsible for it, assuming no one forced him to go outside? The victim is responsible for going outside and getting struck.

I wouldn't say the same thing about deservedness. Someone who goes outside in a storm doesn't deserve to get struck. They didn't earn getting struck. It's a risk, and it may happen, but they don't deserve it.

Not sure if that helps or not.

it ain't easy, is it? :chuckle:

i've been going round and round on this

kmoney

Hall of Fame
i was looking for something more like a "yes" or a "no"

let's try that again:

Should people be held responsible for the consequences of their actions?

1. yes
2. no

I'll go with 'yes'. But rape is NEVER holding someone responsible for their actions.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Hey, sister. Yes, I understand where you're coming from. I would certainly agree, but I'm looking from another perspective. So we know death comes, even to those who did not sin as Adam did. And innocent people get raped, as you say.

But, for the few that need to learn a lesson because of their bad behavior, what does God allow and what will He never allow? I didn't say God thinks women deserve to be raped, but I think whenever God allows us to suffer for bad behavior, we deserve it. What He has done is give us free will, and our suffering the consequence of our bad behavior is one of the most effect tools He has set up to get us to turn to Him, both before and after we're saved.

So, do we "deserve" those things God allows to come upon us or not? I believe whatever God allows is deserved. I see this is just like allowing my kids to suffer the consequence of their own bad behavior. It can be painful for them, and it can be painful to watch, but I would tell them they "asked for it" by their own bad behavior. That they deserved what they got because they wouldn't listen. Did I give them a bellyache for stealing all the cookies out of the cookie jar? No, but I allowed it for a purpose....so they would learn.

Heb. 12:11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.​

:sigh:

You say that whatever God allows is deserved. Do you want to qualify that at all? Would you restrict that to....whatever happens in the process of committing sinful actions is deserved? I still wouldn't agree, but it would be a little less off-putting.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't think so. Isn't that the point? He didn't, but God allowed it anyway in some weird challenge with Satan.

But now you'll probably quote something to say otherwise since you brought it up. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.