On Deservedness

Status
Not open for further replies.

bybee

only to those who lack discernment

nope

the Swarthmore "victim" experienced a very different kind of rape than Jodie Foster's character in The Accused

You are confusing "extenuating circumstances" with the actual perpetration of a criminal act.
And the problem with "extenuating circumstances" is that almost any behavior may be interpreted as extenuating thereby allowing a criminal act to be the responsibility of the victim.
I am very suspicious of people who wish to find ways to blame victims. It makes me wonder if, in fact, such people are guilty of criminal acts and refuse to take responsibility for them?
It is a thought is it not?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/deservedness

adjective
justly or rightly earned; merited:

:thumb:

What has been said and agreed with by some (who know who they are) is that rape victims deserve to get raped.

nope

Now, it will be claimed "only some rape victims" deserve to be raped.

right, because we've made that clear throughout

my claim is that people bear the responsibility for the consequences of their actions/choices/behaviors, when they engage in those actions/choices/behaviors knowing that they are putting themselves at risk

for example - if I choose to lie down on an interstate in the middle of the night, i deserve to get smooshed like a bug

Again, no mention of the RAPISTS

what's to mention?

they should be executed

....pretty well indicates....

retarded statement alert!

incoming!

incoming!

that those who put ALL of their energy into lashing out at rape victims sympathize and applaud the rapists.

and a direct hit! :first:

By this line of reasoning...

retarded statement alert!

incoming! incoming!

a child who talks to a stranger deserves whatever happens to them.

A man who isn't aware that he has a flat and drives anyways, deserves to die in a head-on collision.

Men who are hanging out in in public spots hoping to pick up on women deserves to be drugged, robbed, beaten ... and anything else that happens to them.

A homeowner who forgets to lock a window or door, deserves whatever happens to them should someone break in.

four direct hits! :first::first::first::first:

i clipped the rest of your retarded rant - i'm out of prizes for you

ok doser

I am very suspicious of people who wish to find ways to blame victims.

I am very suspicious of people who wish to pretend that consequences can't flow from poor choices

I would argue that the child molester who is caught, prosecuted, jailed and subjected to unpleasant treatment in jail is reaping the consequences of the seeds he has sown.

But he's just a poor poor victim right?

In your mind there's no link between his actions and the consequences of those actions?

bybee

I am very suspicious of people who wish to pretend that consequences can't flow from poor choices

I would argue that the child molester who is caught, prosecuted, jailed and subjected to unpleasant treatment in jail is reaping the consequences of the seeds he has sown.

But he's just a poor poor victim right?

In your mind there's no link between his actions and the consequences of those actions?

Did I say that?
Your deliberate and malicious leaps to malign another poster have become legion on TOL!

ok doser

Did I say that?

nope, that's why it was framed as a question - notice the little squiggly thing at the end?

here's another question:

Should people be held responsible for the consequences of their actions?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Did I say that?
Your deliberate and malicious leaps to malign another poster have become legion on TOL!

Also known as ... blatant dishonesty. The child molester is in the same group as the rapist and murderer. A criminal who preys on others.

The only reason rapists are being heralded as the good guys is because the victims are normally female.

On another note, I wonder about the *deservedness* of the bottom dwellers who bash rape victims.

bybee

Also known as ... blatant dishonesty. The child molester is in the same group as the rapist and murderer. A criminal who preys on others.

The only reason rapists are being heralded as the good guys is because the victims are normally female.

On another note, I wonder about the *deservedness* of the bottom dwellers who bash rape victims.

It could be that they are infested with parasites?:confused:

bybee

nope, that's why it was framed as a question - notice the little squiggly thing at the end?

here's another question:

Should people be held responsible for the consequences of their actions?

Consequences happen.
Placing blame seems to make you absolutely giddy with pleasure?
Do you also derive pleasure from inflicting punishments on people?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You ask an Angel and then imply she hasn't already answered you time and time again? :chuckle:

Perhaps you need to figure out what God says about man's immoral behavior, and what we deserve when we do wrong.... instead of making up the rules as you go along.
Rape for bad behavior is sin for sin.
God does not return sin for sin.

ok doser

Rape for bad behavior is sin for sin.
God does not return sin for sin.

Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

ok doser

We are miles apart on this.
I'm am floored at your attitude towards saying anyone is deserving of rape.

is anyone deserving of assault?

a klansman who goes to Michael Brown's funeral and taunts his grieving parents with racial slurs - does he deserve the beating he'll get?

i say yes

he has earned it by his actions

Last edited:

ok doser

a klansman who goes to Michael Brown's funeral and taunts his grieving parents with racial slurs - does he deserve the beating he'll get?

Status
Not open for further replies.