On Deservedness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthur Brain

likewise, I would say that certain circumstances exist in which a woman deserves to be raped, in that she had earned it by her actions

but i would hesitate to say that she deserves the emotional and psychological effects that might come with it

still chewing :chew:

So...a woman can deserve to be raped...in certain circumstances by her actions. This being what who knows. Showing too much leg? Having one too many to drink or just happening to drink at all even? Being a fashion model? Having an interest in Victorian lithography?

To any sane and non sociopathic person it would be readily apparent that no woman deserves to be raped no matter how they act, but how 'nice' of you to say what she wouldn't deserve even though that's part and parcel of such a horrific violating ordeal.

A4T, feel free to weigh in on this...

:plain:

glorydaz

likewise, I would say that certain circumstances exist in which a woman deserves to be raped, in that she had earned it by her actions

but i would hesitate to say that she deserves the emotional and psychological effects that might come with it

Chew on this. It gets right down to the question of right and wrong...enter situational ethics. Humanists see man as the center of all things, so, of course, there are some wrong doers who do not DESERVE to have anything bad happen to them, and others that do. It all depends on what man has decided is right. It matters not to the humanist that God says we reap what we sow. If it doesn't seem right to Artie, it can't be right. ;)

No one deserves to be raped...."because we say so". Not because God has decreed that strippers are above HIS law and when they get raped they didn't deserve it. The "wages" of sin is what? What are wages, but what we have earned? Deserve? From man's point of view or God's? She deserves what? Mercy? Does anyone DESERVE mercy? A humanist would say we all do. After all, we are our own gods and we can make whatever rules we want.

Thank God for HIS mercy. When He extends mercy to those who have done wrong, we should be grateful....not claim we are entitled to it or deserve it.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

No way dose man !!! She earns it !!

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
So...a woman can deserve to be raped...in certain circumstances by her actions. This being what who knows. Showing too much leg? Having one too many to drink or just happening to drink at all even? Being a fashion model? Having an interest in Victorian lithography?

To any sane and non sociopathic person it would be readily apparent that no woman deserves to be raped no matter how they act, but how 'nice' of you to say what she wouldn't deserve even though that's part and parcel of such a horrific violating ordeal.

A4T, feel free to weigh in on this... :plain:

how many times now are you going to act like i havent answered you in different threads?

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4526405&postcount=861 read it till you understand it. Or not, since it was, afterall, posted to YOU.

Hey, get this straight Angel. Nobody is denying that bad choices can lead to regrettable consequences or encouraging women to put themselves in positions of possible harm.

Great then you are wising up and getting the point being made.

How about you? Do you think certain people deserve to be raped?

I already answered you directly, or are you willfully forgetting in your zeal to demonize me, because you know ive made the point?

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4526405&postcount=861

Originally Posted by Arthur Brain
Then explain the following, the bolded part especially, all written and conceived off the back of a turnip truck by the "maestro" himself:

"Josephine is planning to go down to the Ferguson protests dressed in klan robes and a hood, carrying a sign that says "Michael Brown Deserved To Be Shot!" and shout racial slurs at the protesters.

Josephine tells her plans to her friend Francine.

Francine says "Don't do it - they'll beat you up and rape you."

Josephine says "You're not the boss of me - I'll do what I want!"

Josephine goes down to the Ferguson protests dressed in klan robes and a hood, carrying a sign that says "Michael Brown Deserved To Be Shot!" and shouts racial slurs at the protesters.

Josephine gets beaten and raped.

Those who beat and rape Josephine are arrested and charged.

Francine comes to visit Josephine in the hospital.

Josephine whines about how unfair it was that she got beaten and raped.

Francine says "What are you talking about? You deserved to get beaten and raped. I told you not to go down there. You chose to get beaten and raped. Next time don't be such a moron"

To which i responded:

Originally Posted by Angel4Truth

I disagree with the wording using "deserved"
should be suffered a consequence of her poor and reckless behavior

I disagree with the wording of chose "to be beaten and raped"
Should be chose to willfully act carelessly and increase her liklihood of something bad happening to her, through her own irresponsibility.

I would have said im sorry that you are suffering the consequences of being the victim of those crimes because of your willful actions of putting yourself knowingly in harms way.

The one who assaulted and raped is NOT LESS GUILTY of their crime, because the woman in question is guilty of irresponsible behavior.

Each are bearing consequences (one jail, the other suffering) and each are responsible for their own actions.

One doesnt cancel or remove the other.

Arthur Brain

how many times now are you going to act like i havent answered you in different threads?

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4526405&postcount=861 read it till you understand it. Or not, since it was, afterall, posted to YOU.

I already answered you directly, or are you willfully forgetting in your zeal to demonize me, because you know ive made the point?

To which i responded:

"likewise, I would say that certain circumstances exist in which a woman deserves to be raped, in that she had earned it by her actions"

Do you condemn the bolded above - as written by SOD as the utter abhorrent crap as it happens to be? Yes or no?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
"likewise, I would say that certain circumstances exist in which a woman deserves to be raped, in that she had earned it by her actions"

Do you condemn the bolded above - as written by SOD as the utter abhorrent crap as it happens to be? Yes or no?

Hey, get this straight Angel. Nobody is denying that bad choices can lead to regrettable consequences or encouraging women to put themselves in positions of possible harm.

How about you? Do you think certain people deserve to be raped?

I already answered you directly

Then explain the following, the bolded part especially, all written and conceived off the back of a turnip truck by the "maestro" himself:

"Josephine is planning to go down to the Ferguson protests dressed in klan robes and a hood, carrying a sign that says "Michael Brown Deserved To Be Shot!" and shout racial slurs at the protesters.

Josephine tells her plans to her friend Francine.

Francine says "Don't do it - they'll beat you up and rape you."

Josephine says "You're not the boss of me - I'll do what I want!"

Josephine goes down to the Ferguson protests dressed in klan robes and a hood, carrying a sign that says "Michael Brown Deserved To Be Shot!" and shouts racial slurs at the protesters.

Josephine gets beaten and raped.

Those who beat and rape Josephine are arrested and charged.

Francine comes to visit Josephine in the hospital.

Josephine whines about how unfair it was that she got beaten and raped.

Francine says "What are you talking about? You deserved to get beaten and raped. I told you not to go down there. You chose to get beaten and raped. Next time don't be such a moron"

To which i responded:

I disagree with the wording using "deserved"
should be suffered a consequence of her poor and reckless behavior

I disagree with the wording of chose "to be beaten and raped"
Should be chose to willfully act carelessly and increase her liklihood of something bad happening to her, through her own irresponsibility.

I would have said im sorry that you are suffering the consequences of being the victim of those crimes because of your willful actions of putting yourself knowingly in harms way.

The one who assaulted and raped is NOT LESS GUILTY of their crime, because the woman in question is guilty of irresponsible behavior.

Each are bearing consequences (one jail, the other suffering) and each are responsible for their own actions.

One doesnt cancel or remove the other

let me know when that clear and concise answer hits your brain.

Arthur Brain

Angel, do you condemn the following words - written by SOD or do you actually have some time for crap such as this:

Just yes or no Angel. Simple really.

glorydaz

Angel, do you condemn the following words - written by SOD or do you actually have some time for crap such as this:

You ask an Angel and then imply she hasn't already answered you time and time again? :chuckle:

Perhaps you need to figure out what God says about man's immoral behavior, and what we deserve when we do wrong.... instead of making up the rules as you go along.

Arthur Brain

You ask an Angel and then imply she hasn't already answered you time and time again? :chuckle:

Perhaps you need to figure out what God says about man's immoral behavior, and what we deserve when we do wrong.... instead of making up the rules as you go along.

It really doesn't take much figuring out to condemn nutcase opinions where morons think people can deserve to be raped who obviously haven't a clue how horrific it is for the victim. You're just a flatulent wave of noise GD.

glorydaz

It really doesn't take much figuring out to condemn nutcase opinions where morons think people can deserve to be raped who obviously haven't a clue how horrific it is for the victim. You're just a flatulent wave of noise GD.

I have more of a "clue" about victims, Artie, than you ever will, and this has nothing to do with how horrific it is for the victims. It is a matter of personal responsibility. All the little rabbit trails give you plenty of time to show your crudeness....which only reaffirms the fact that you are a humanist through and through. Wherever man decides he is the great decider of wrong and right, society plunges deeper and deeper into darkness.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
i'll catch up on this later, but it occurred to me last night that the child molester who gets raped in prison doesn't deserve to be raped

he deserves to be executed

but we have a perverted "justice" system that rejects God's teachings and instead of executing him, imprisons him

in that context, knowing that he deserves death, consider the following:

Does a child molester who gets killed in prison deserve it?

ok doser

artie - consider the case of the child molester who gets raped in prison

would you be uncomfortable if I said that he deserved it?

bybee

artie - consider the case of the child molester who gets raped in prison

would you be uncomfortable if I said that he deserved it?

If it is EVER okay to rape it might be justified to say that it is always okay to rape.
A rapist is a rapist is a rapist regardless the provocation.
This is the hard truth which cannot seem to penetrate the harshness of your mind.

ok doser

If it is EVER okay to rape it might be justified to say that it is always okay to rape.

only to those who lack discernment
A rapist is a rapist is a rapist regardless the provocation.

nope

the Swarthmore "victim" experienced a very different kind of rape than Jodie Foster's character in The Accused

Status
Not open for further replies.