Obeying Jesus' teachings or commands is requirement for salvation.

Mocking You

You do not get life by just believing what Jesus says.

I keep hearing this. Is there an echo in here?

We get life by obeying what Jesus says.

We get saved by believing that Jesus can give us eternal life, not by obeying his commandments.

Here's what Jesus says about it:

John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.

John 5:24 “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

John 6:47 Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life.

John 7:38 Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them

John 20.31 but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.

Obviously, true believers will want to obey his commandments because they love him, NOT because they think it will bring them eternal life.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There are so many.

1 John 3:24 Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.

Many who call themselves "Christian" say we only have to have faith. That is not God's Truth. Read the scripture I posted. We are not even saved unless we obey. We are NOT IN HIM and HE IS NOT IN US IF WE DO NOT OBEY HIS COMMANDS.

Obey and be saved.

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.
Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."
John 8:31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.
Luke 8:21 But he replied to them, "My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God and do it."
1 John 3:24 Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them
2 Thessalonians 1:8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.
Hebrews 5:9 and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him
Matthew 7:21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

John 13:17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.
Luke 11:28 Jesus says, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

Titus 2:14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

John 15:14
You are my friends if you do what I command.

So Paul contradicted Jesus?

Ephesians 2:8-9

meshak

BANNED
Banned

We get saved by believing that Jesus can give us eternal life, not by obeying his commandments.

John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.

John 5:24 “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

John 7:38 Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them

John 20.31 but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.

Obviously, true believers will want to obey his commandments because they love him, NOT because they think it will bring them eternal life.
I thought you were done here.

Anyway, you continually disrespect Jesus' word of OP.

achduke

We have to obey God. It has always been about believing and obeying God.

Do you obey Leviticus 15:32?

Obeying does not save you. It is proof you are saved.

As for Leviticus 15:32 I am not your judge as you are also not mine. Still I do not tell anyone they should not keep Leviticus 15:32. That is between them and God.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

As for Leviticus 15:32 I am not your judge as you are also not mine. Still I do not tell anyone they should not keep Leviticus 15:32. That is between them and God.

Are you against OP verses?

You don't think Jesus is commanding to obey Him?

God's Truth

Jesus says he will live with you IF you obey him.

God's Truth

Jesus is the Way to the Father.

Jesus tells us what we have to do to get to the Father.

As for Leviticus 15:32 I am not your judge as you are also not mine. Still I do not tell anyone they should not keep Leviticus 15:32. That is between them and God

Are you kidding? You keep saying we have to obey all the old law. I proved you wrong.
We have a new law and a new covenant.

beloved57

All have access to the grace of having their sins blotted out. All they have to do is have faith that when they confess and repent of their sins they are blotted out.
You have a different God and Christ than I do!

The Christ i serve made me Righteous believe His obedience Rom 5:19 !

achduke

Are you against OP verses?

You don't think Jesus is commanding to obey Him?

I am not against any scripture. The point is you are already saved when you obey. Some at the time of Peter and Paul were teaching that if I get circimsiced you would be saved. Now if I am a man and get physically circumcised and consider myself saved am I free now to go out and sin because I am circumcised and saved? No! I obey because I am saved. Not to become saved. Works show that I am saved love God and his son and want to be obedient. It is proof. Those that are saved want to be obedient.

God's Truth

Look, I will prove to you how ignorant your statement is.

You said obeying is proof that you are saved.

SO THEN, IF YOU DO NOT OBEY THEN YOU PROVE YOU ARE NOT SAVED!

So obey and be saved!!!

Mocking You

Jesus says he will live with you IF you obey him.

That's great. How do you get eternal life?

God's Truth

That's great. How do you get eternal life?

You get eternal life by believing Jesus when he says you have to believe him and obey him.

God's Truth

Jesus blotted them out 2k years ago through his work. We just believe in that work so we are justified. It's good news

We have to access that GRACE by having living faith.

You have to confess and repent of your sins and call on his name.