Obeying Jesus' teachings or commands is requirement for salvation.

achduke

Exactly; who would chop up our Bible the way she does? There are others here who tell us Jesus' words are not for us while he walked the earth.

So then, we have those who cut off Paul's words from the Holy Bible, and others who cut off Jesus' words from the Holy Bible.

The two kinds of people are both in error.

We also have those that cut out the OT. Even though God's Word is forever.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

While 2 Timothy 3:16 was written the NT was not even compiled into one source.

beloved57

You don't know what I believe, so stop speaking for me. The world's sins are paid for (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV, 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV), but those who receive not the love of the truth that they can be saved by trusting the Lord believing the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) will perish (2 Thessalonians 2:10 KJV) because although the righteousness of God is unto all, it is only upon all them that believe!

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Now, go crawl back in your hole :troll:
I know you don't believe the Gospel, do you believe TULIP is the Gospel?

God's Truth

We also have those that cut out the OT. Even though God's Word is forever.

Jesus' fulfilled the Old Testament.

The old law with the ceremonial works were only teaching tools, they were only a shadow.

Believe in Jesus, for that is where the reality is.

HisServant

This thread is about Jesus' teachings.

I happened to honor Jesus' word above everyone. He was the teacher of salvation.

He taught more than good enough to teach us how to love God and love one another.

But you don't seem to understand him... even a little.

God's Truth

Who can be reasoned with here?

Does anyone even have sense from God that is common?

Who is on the side of Truth?

Is it the people who argue we do not have to obey to be saved and to stay saved?

Is it the people who say Jesus' words are not for us?

Is it the people who say Paul's words are to be ignored?

Can't you all see that what you are doing is wrong?

Christ is not divided, and all scripture is for all of us; and,

IT IS NEVER EVER A WRONG TIME TO OBEY JESUS AND PREACH OBEDIENCE.

achduke

Jesus' fulfilled the Old Testament.

The old law with the ceremonial works were only teaching tools, they were only a shadow.

Believe in Jesus, for that is where the reality is.

Matthew 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Matthew 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Romans 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

Romans 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

1 Corinthians 7:19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

Mark 7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

Hebrews 10:3 But those sacrifices are an annual reminder of sins.

Hebrews 10:16“This is the covenant I will make with them
after that time, says the Lord.
I will put my laws in their hearts,
and I will write them on their minds.

Jamie Gigliotti

None of which have to do with how one is saved. Be careful not to come off as if any of what you said above are requirements when they are not. Our walk with the Lord's is after we are saved, not for salvation. And it (our walk) is between ourselves and the Lord.

If by being 'saved' you mean obtaining eternal life; Paul was very clear on how to find it, which agrees with what Jesus taught. Submission to God through Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.

"For the one who sows to his own flesh, will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit, will from the Spirit reap eternal life." Galatians 6:8

"But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the fruit you gets leads to sanctification and it's end eternal life." Romans 6:22

achduke

Who can be reasoned with here?

Does anyone even have sense from God that is common?

Who is on the side of Truth?

Is it the people who argue we do not have to obey to be saved and to stay saved?

Is it the people who say Jesus' words are not for us?

Is it the people who say Paul's words are to be ignored?

Can't you all see that what you are doing is wrong?

Christ is not divided, and all scripture is for all of us; and,

IT IS NEVER EVER A WRONG TIME TO OBEY JESUS AND PREACH OBEDIENCE.

Many here appear to have some truth but I have yet to see anyone who has the whole truth. May the holy spirit set us free.

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

Mocking You

If by being 'saved' you mean obtaining eternal life; Paul was very clear on how to find it, which agrees with what Jesus taught. Submission to God through Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.

"For the one who sows to his own flesh, will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit, will from the Spirit reap eternal life." Galatians 6:8

"But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the fruit you gets leads to sanctification and it's end eternal life." Romans 6:22

Sorry, but here is Paul being clear about how to be saved:

Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.”
12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him.
13 For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

It doesn't get any clearer than that!

HisServant

Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him.

They only want to make everyone submit to make themselves feel better... I've been around those kind of fake Christians my entire life.

Thank goodness I broke the chains of their stupidity a long time ago.

Jamie Gigliotti

So one is true and the other is not? That's totally illogical. They are both true. So obviously calling on the Lord requires submission to him. We can't pick and choose the verses we like out Romans or the Bible.

Jamie Gigliotti

They only want to make everyone submit to make themselves feel better... I've been around those kind of fake Christians my entire life.

Thank goodness I broke the chains of their stupidity a long time ago.

Thank God I broke the shackles of being 'saved' and living for myself. That was Hell on earth.

HisServant

Thank God I broke the shackles of being 'saved' and living for myself. That was Hell on earth.

No, it comes down to those types of people being so concerned about the finer details of the do's and don'ts that they become entirely useless to God.

They are more interested in having a little social club of people who behave in their particular manner than they are in living for the Lord.

They used to look at me like I was crazy or something when I told them that I would like to see at least 50% of our budget go to community outreach and missions instead of internal programs... ( they were currently budgeting 3% for outreach).

Jesus said to help the weak, poor and widows... he didn't tell us to naval gaze and do nothing for him.

Seriously, all you ever need to know as a Christian can be learned in a single sermon or Sunday school class.

People that approach me about going to their church these days are responded with "show me the works your church has done for the poor and needy in its community as evidence of its faith... and then you have earned the right to talk about your Christianity with me." They usually respond with trivial examples and then walk away in shame.

I've known many many Christians that pass by homeless people holding signs looking for food and work on their way to church and refuse to stop and help.... in spite of Christ telling us to help first before we step foot in church.

Jamie Gigliotti

No, it comes down to those types of people being so concerned about the finer details of the do's and don'ts that they become entirely useless to God.

They are more interested in having a little social club of people who behave in their particular manner than they are in living for the Lord.

They used to look at me like I was crazy or something when I told them that I would like to see at least 50% of our budget go to community outreach and missions instead of internal programs... ( they were currently budgeting 3% for outreach).

Jesus said to help the weak, poor and widows... he didn't tell us to naval gaze and do nothing for him.

Seriously, all you ever need to know as a Christian can be learned in a single sermon or Sunday school class.

People that approach me about going to their church these days are responded with "show me the works your church has done for the poor and needy in its community as evidence of its faith... and then you have earned the right to talk about your Christianity with me." They usually respond with trivial examples and then walk away in shame.

I've known many many Christians that pass by homeless people holding signs looking for food and work on their way to church and refuse to stop and help.... in spite of Christ telling us to help first before we step foot in church.

Seems like there is a lota of 'saved' folks living for themselves. They bought the fire insurance, they got the 'get out of jail free card'...
Agreed if someone is living with the Holy Spirit, He won't be missed...

God's Truth

Matthew 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

We have to obey God. It has always been about believing and obeying God.
In the time of Adam and Eve it was just about obeying one thing, do not eat from this tree. In the time of Noah it was do not do wicked things. In the time of Moses it was obey the law with the ceremonial works.

Jesus gave the new commandments for the new covenant.

Do you obey Leviticus 15:32?

Now stop speaking nonsense and showing yourself to be a hypocrite.

Go learn what it means to fulfill something.

Matthew 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

Jesus was not promoting worldwide homelessness.

Jesus had a traveling earthly ministry and he was speaking to a man who should have gave up everything to travel with Jesus.

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Romans 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

Romans 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

1 Corinthians 7:19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

Mark 7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

Hebrews 10:3 But those sacrifices are an annual reminder of sins.

Hebrews 10:16“This is the covenant I will make with them
after that time, says the Lord.
I will put my laws in their hearts,
and I will write them on their minds.

You have no understanding because you did not do what Jesus says.

God's Truth

Many here appear to have some truth but I have yet to see anyone who has the whole truth. May the holy spirit set us free.

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

I have the whole truth.

Mocking You

So one is true and the other is not? That's totally illogical. They are both true. So obviously calling on the Lord requires submission to him. We can't pick and choose the verses we like out Romans or the Bible.

You're making the same mistake as Meshak. You are quoting verses about people that are already saved. You don't get saved by working your way to Heaven.

Obviously a true believer will submit to the Lord. I'm not disputing that.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Of course jerzy is not here any more so who does shackles team up with?

Letsargue

He also believes God hates Christians and is gunna kill us all

shackles is as guilty of murder as though she had done it herself, she has the spirit of Cain.

Do you know what Cain did? while Abel was trusting to the lamb sacrifice? which is the type of trusting the cross.

Cain was obeying God's commands....oh yes

God had said by the sweat of thy brow shall you work the land...and that is exactly what Cain was doing to bring his sacrifice of the fruit of the ground.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Those who say they are saved by obeying commands are conners, deceitful workers.

We have shown that they do not obey Jesu's commands themselves

God's Truth

Of course jerzy is not here any more so who does shackles team up with?

Letsargue

He also believes God hates Christians and is gunna kill us all

shackles is as guilty of murder as though she had done it herself, she has the spirit of Cain.

Do you know what Cain did? while Abel was trusting to the lamb sacrifice? which is the type of trusting the cross.

Cain was obeying God's commands....oh yes

God had said by the sweat of thy brow shall you work the land...and that is exactly what Cain was doing to bring his sacrifice of the fruit of the ground.

Abel didn't know it was about Jesus.

Abel gave a better sacrifice because life is a better sacrifice than vegetables.