Obeying Jesus' teachings or commands is requirement for salvation.

HisServant

Jesus commanded His followers to teach everything He has commanded them.

And you refuse to accept when Jesus commanded above?

No, I believe that... but you obviously do not.

If he mean't teachings, he would have said teachings... but he said commandments, so I believe him at his word... you do not.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I thought you said you believed what Paul says?

1 Corinthians 15:2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.
that's not what it says. Stop using a corrupted word of God.

It says this:

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

And it has to do with not believing all of the elements of the gospel of Christ, which there are three:

Christ died for our sins
was buried
rose again the third day

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

There were some at Corinth that did not believe in the resurrection of the dead. They were those that therefore would have "believed in vain" as they did not believe the third element to the gospel of Christ by which we are saved making their "faith is vain".

1 Corinthians 15:12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?

1 Corinthians 15:13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:

1 Corinthians 15:14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

1 Corinthians 15:15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.

1 Corinthians 15:16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:

1 Corinthians 15:17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

One must believe all of IT (the gospel of Christ) as IT is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth!

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Jamie Gigliotti

I'm not sure why you put that in the thread, but let's look at it!

It says this:

Ephesians 5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

Ephesians 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

That is not speaking of the saved, but the children of disobedience:

Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

among who we all (saved) had our conversation in times past

Ephesians 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

But God!

Ephesians 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

Ephesians 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Ephesians 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Ephesians 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

It's a syllogism. You can't leave out the conclusion or it leads to confusion! Much like the ever popular religious hijacking of 1 Corinthians 6:9-10. The religious, self appointed fruit inspectors hold them over everyone's heads all the time, but hold out the good news in the conclusion! You can't do that!

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

1 Corinthians 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

I posted it because Grace has been perverted as a license to sin, because Paul's teachings have been perverted. If you look at all of Ephesians you see true Grace is Christ living through us.
"Now this I say and testify in the Lord, that you must no longer walk as the Gentiles do, in the futility of there minds. They are darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, due to their hardness of heart. They have become callous and have given themselves up to sensuality, greedy to practice every kind of impurity. But that is not the way you learned Christ! -- assuming that you have heard about Him and were taught in Him, as the truth is in Jesus, to put off your old self, which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires, and to be renewed in the Spirit of your minds, and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness." Ephesians 4:17-24

Heir to you want your life of the life of Christ in you created to be like Him?

The question isn't whether you just believe He exists(idealogy) or will you just follow His words (legalism). The question is will you surrender to the Lord personally and allow him to work in you and shine through you!

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Paul's teachings are the same as Jesus' teachings. You believed the lie that some people teach about Paul.

Paul taught obedience just like Jesus did. Why don't you read the scriptures that I posted and then you can get closer to Jesus by stop misjudging Paul Jesus' chosen.

Paul's teachings have been used to chaotic to Christian world, and misrepresenting Jesus to the world.

If you continue quoting Paul, I may have to put you back to ignore.

God's Truth

It says this:

And it has to do with not believing all of the elements of the gospel of Christ, which there are three:

Christ died for our sins
was buried
rose again the third day

The translation you gave says the same thing as the one I gave.

Paul clearly warns them not to have believed in vain.

He clearly warns them not to be cut off.

HisServant

Paul's teachings have been used to chaotic to Christian world, and misrepresenting Jesus to the world.

Paul was specifically selected to take the word to Gentiles (us)... only through him (with the aid of the Holy Spirit) can we understand how Jesus teachings apply to us.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I posted it because Grace has been perverted as a license to sin, because Paul's teachings have been perverted. If you look at all of Ephesians you see true Grace is Christ living through us.
"Now this I say and testify in the Lord, that you must no longer walk as the Gentiles do, in the futility of there minds. They are darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, due to their hardness of heart. They have become callous and have given themselves up to sensuality, greedy to practice every kind of impurity. But that is not the way you learned Christ! -- assuming that you have heard about Him and were taught in Him, as the truth is in Jesus, to put off your old self, which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires, and to be renewed in the Spirit of your minds, and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness." Ephesians 4:17-24

Heir to you want your life of the life of Christ in you created to be like Him?

The question isn't whether you just believe He exists(idealogy) or will you just follow His words (legalism). The question is will you surrender to the Lord personally and allow him to work in you and shine through you!
None of which have to do with how one is saved. Be careful not to come off as if any of what you said above are requirements when they are not. Our walk with the Lord's is after we are saved, not for salvation. And it (our walk) is between ourselves and the Lord.

God's Truth

Please put me on ignore so that I can preach God's Truth without your slander of Paul.

heir

TOL Subscriber
The translation you gave says the same thing as the one I gave.

Paul clearly warns them not to have believed in vain.

He clearly warns them not to be cut off.
You didn't read a word of my post. I showed you what it means to believe in vain. It has nothing to do with works as you would twist it to mean.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Please put me on ignore so that I can preach God's Truth without your slander of Paul.

Slander of Paul?

You actually Jesus' teachings are not good enough that you have to rely on his teachings. You are just another one of those who put Paul pedestal above Jesus.

You got it. You are on ignore.

And this is my thread.

Why do you disrespect OP starter?

If you don't agree with OP, start your own thread.

don't hijack my thread.

God's Truth

Slander of Paul?

You actually Jesus' teachings are not good enough that you have to rely on his teachings. You are just another one of those who put Paul pedestal above Jesus.

You got it. You are on ignore.

And this is my thread.

Why do you disrespect OP starter?

If you don't agree with OP, start your own thread.

don't hijack my thread.

All scripture is from God.

You do not think the Almighty God can preserve His written Word for us exactly as He wanted.

If there are people who let themselves be ensnared, then don't blame Paul.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Paul was specifically selected to take the word to Gentiles (us)... only through him (with the aid of the Holy Spirit) can we understand how Jesus teachings apply to us.

This thread is about Jesus' teachings.

I happened to honor Jesus' word above everyone. He was the teacher of salvation.

He taught more than good enough to teach us how to love God and love one another.

beloved57

It says this:

Christ died for our sins
was buried
rose again the third day

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

There were some at Corinth that did not believe in the resurrection of the dead. They were those that therefore would have "believed in vain" as they did not believe the third element to the gospel of Christ by which we are saved making their "faith is vain".

1 Corinthians 15:12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?

1 Corinthians 15:13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:

1 Corinthians 15:14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

1 Corinthians 15:15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.

1 Corinthians 15:16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:

1 Corinthians 15:17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

One must believe all of IT (the gospel of Christ) as IT is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth!

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

You don't believe one of those scriptures if you don't believe and understand them in the framework of Tulip ,which is the Gospel of Gods Grace in Christ!

God's Truth

OK, I've seen enough. Into the killfile with thee.

Exactly; who would chop up our Bible the way she does? There are others here who tell us Jesus' words are not for us while he walked the earth.

So then, we have those who cut off Paul's words from the Holy Bible, and others who cut off Jesus' words from the Holy Bible.

The two kinds of people are both in error.