Obeying Jesus' teachings or commands is requirement for salvation.

heir

TOL Subscriber
It is all about condition of being saved.
Gentiles such as we had no hope in time past which included the time of the Lord's ministry to Israel on earth (Matthew 15:24 KJV, Romans 15:8 KJV), so realize we are in the but now and get saved!

Ephesians 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Ephesians 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Ephesians 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Ephesians 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Ephesians 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Notice the above, how we are made partakers! It is by the gospel! Trust the Lord for salvation believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV (" by the gospel") and be saved!

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You are misunderstanding having Grace and faith.

You are reading more than it says. Where did you get this idea from?

It is Paul. Jesus did not teach like Paul.

See if you can come up with what you are saying from Jesus.

I know you cannot because Jesus did not teach it.

Aimiel

Have you taken scissors to your Bible and cut out everything written by Paul? Do you not realize that what he wrote is Holy Scripture too?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Previously in the thread he was seemingly in agreement that we are saved by faith following up with works. Honestly it seems more of a lack of communication to me (Seems to be the case here) but you all believe the same thing underneath. Of course maybe he misunderstood me. I don't see anything inherently wrong with repentance and believing in Jesus for salvation. Hence me being in agreement that we must repent and believe in Jesus to be saved. Am I wrong? My proclamation if you will is that I believe Jesus has blotted out all of the worlds sin through his baptism(taken up the debt) and crucifixion(sin compensated). There is no sin that this doesn't effect, as all sin was erased in completeness 2000 years ago. That's the good news. Whether someone believes or not is irrelevant in this case and doesn't effect the accomplishment he has done. We are saved by his works and we follow it up by refraining from what has condemned our Lord to die in the first place. I was simply agreeing, which scripture shows to be true that we all have to repent and believe.
GT says repenting and confessing sins are a requirement for salvation (Galatians 5:9 KJV). She's wrong in saying so and you are wrong to agree with her. The sin/sins issue was settled when God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them (2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV). We are ALREADY forgiven all trespasses (Colossians 2:13 KJV). There is nothing to confess. Confession is a testimony that the Lord did not already die for all of our sins, which he clearly did (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) or God would not have raised Him from the dead (Romans 4:25 KJV). You would do well to stop agreeing with a gospel perverter.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

yes Jesus did. He taught Paul

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
GT says repenting and confessing sins are a requirement for salvation (Galatians 5:9 KJV). She's wrong in saying so and you are wrong to agree with her. The sin/sins issue was settled when God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them (2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV). We are ALREADY forgiven all trespasses (Colossians 2:13 KJV). There is nothing to confess. Confession is a testimony that the Lord did not already die for all of our sins, which he clearly did (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) or God would not have raised Him from the dead (Romans 4:25 KJV). You would do well to stop agreeing with a gospel perverter.

You could only say that if you are not aware of your sins having been forgiven in your own time.

Pauls experience--

Act 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Pauls ministering--

Act 19:1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
Act 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
Act 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
Act 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
Act 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Act 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

John--

1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

LA

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
meshak - Matthew 15:24 NIV is JESUS saying He not sent but to the lost sheep of Israel. Israel is the circumcision/Law, so Jesus say he was sent ONLY for the Jews/circumcision/Law, see ? JESUS SAID IT !!!!!!

Matthew 15:24 KJV -

achduke

Here you go. No Paul.

John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

John 2:21 But He was speaking of the temple of His body.

Jeremiah 31:33 "But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel: After those days, says the LORD, I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

Ezekiel 11:19 "Then I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within them, and take the stony heart out of their flesh, and give them a heart of flesh,

Ezekiel 11:20 "that they may walk in My statutes and keep My judgments and do them; and they shall be My people, and I will be their God.

Luke 12:12 "For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say."

John 14:26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

Acts 15:7 And when there had been much dispute, Peter rose up and said to them: "Men and brethren, you know that a good while ago God chose among us, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe.

Acts 15:8 "So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them, by giving them the Holy Spirit just as He did to us,

Acts 1:5 "for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now."

Acts 1:5 "for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now."

Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
meshak - Matthew 15:24 NIV is JESUS saying He not sent but to the lost sheep of Israel. Israel is the circumcision/Law, so Jesus say he was sent ONLY for the Jews/circumcision/Law, see ? JESUS SAID IT !!!!!!

that does not say you don't have to obey Him.

achduke

I see a lot of obeying because of Love. Show me salvation from obeying.

1. John 14:15
◦New King James Version
“If you LOVE Me, keep My commandments.

2. John 14:21
◦New King James Version
He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who LOVES Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”

3. John 15:10
◦New King James Version
If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My LOVE, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

4. 1 John 2:3
◦New King James Version
The Test of Knowing Him ] Now by this we know that we KNOW Him, if we keep His commandments.

5. 1 John 2:4
◦New King James Version
He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

6. 1 John 3:22
◦New King James Version
And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.

7. 1 John 3:24
◦New King James Version
The Spirit of Truth and the Spirit of Error ] Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

8. 1 John 5:2
◦New King James Version
By this we know that we love the children of God, when we LOVE God and keep His commandments.

9. 1 John 5:3
◦New King James Version
For this is the LOVE of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome..

meshak

BANNED
Banned
ach,

You don't seem to accept what Jesus has to say.

I don't have anything else to say you, friend.

good day.