Obeying Jesus' teachings or commands is requirement for salvation.

6days

1. John 14:15
◦New King James Version
“If you love Me, keep My commandments.

2. John 14:21
◦New King James Version
He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”

3. John 15:10
◦New King James Version
If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

4. 1 John 2:3
◦New King James Version
The Test of Knowing Him ] Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.

5. 1 John 2:4
◦New King James Version
He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

6. 1 John 3:22
◦New King James Version
And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.

7. 1 John 3:24
◦New King James Version
The Spirit of Truth and the Spirit of Error ] Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

8. 1 John 5:2
◦New King James Version
By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments.

9. 1 John 5:3
◦New King James Version
For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.

10. Revelation 12:17
◦New King James Version
And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

11. Revelation 14:12
◦New King James Version
Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

And here is confirmation from Jesus of keeping Ten commandments as requirement.

Matthew 19:16-19
New International Version (NIV)
16 Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?” 17 “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”
18 “Which ones?” he inquired.
Jesus replied, “‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, 19 honor your father and mother,’[a] and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’

Matthew 3:10
And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Good verses Meshack!
Do I obey the Commandments and do good works because I have been saved...and I want to obey God?
Or, do I obey the Commandments and do good works because I want to be saved and stay saved?
Or... can there be some truth in both of those statements?
Does it affect someone's salvation if they trust Christ as their Savior but don't have correct theology?
Can I be a brother in Christ IF I am a Calvinist?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Good verses Meshack!
Do I obey the Commandments and do good works because I have been saved.

Oh another one of those self claimed saved one.

good grief.

Whatever happened to Jesus' authority to give judgment who are saved or not?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

good grief.

I am saved, praise the Lord for His sacrifice and mercy and grace.

John 5:24 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Who are you to contradict Jesus clear word, meshak?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Ok show me salvation by obeying in the scriptures you posted. That is on topic.

You seem to have comprehension problem, rather, you are deeply brainwashed that you cannot read simple teaching of Jesus.

You are not alone. Most churchgoers in the same boat with you.

achduke

You seem to have comprehension problem, rather, you are deeply brainwashed that you cannot read simple teaching of Jesus.

Then show me the error. Also I am not a church goer. I have never belonged to a formal church other than Christ.

6days

good grief.

I was trying to kindly ask you if we have any common ground. I'm not positive about your beliefs. You may not know exactly what I believe.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

You dont seem to want to read this clear word from Jesus about works vs faith meshak:

John 6:28 Therefore they said to Him, "What shall we do, so that we may work the works of God?" 29 Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent."

Jesus has already answered that direct issue, which corresponds to this that Paul said:

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.…

There is no contradiction, no issue, except for those who refuse to heed Jesus clear words.

You like to deny the book of John when these verses ive posted from it are there, but then you pluck out of context scriptures from John, and claim them, after claiming the book of John illegitimate.

achduke

You don't accept Jesus' word. I am not better than Jesus.

I do believe Jesus. He said the Father would send us the holy spirit to teaches us everything. This aligns with the OT. If we obey on our own then it is not from the spirit God said he would give us.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I do believe Jesus. He said the Father would send us the holy spirit to teaches us everything. This aligns with the OT. If we obey on our own then it is not from the spirit God said he would give us.

If we don't know what Jesus teaches we cannot obey Him.

And you read His word yet you don't accept what He says.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You dont seem to want to read this clear word from Jesus about works vs faith meshak:

John 6:28 Therefore they said to Him, "What shall we do, so that we may work the works of God?" 29 Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent."

Jesus has already answered that direct issue, which corresponds to this that Paul said:

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.…

There is no contradiction, no issue, except for those who refuse to heed Jesus clear words.

You like to deny the book of John when these verses ive posted from it are there, but then you pluck out of context scriptures from John, and claim them, after claiming the book of John illegitimate.

Meshak doesn't accept the Old Testament nor the writings of
Paul. She ONLY trusts in Matthew , Mark, and Luke.