Obeying Jesus' teachings or commands is requirement for salvation.

beloved57

I do not believe the man was challenging Jesus.

He asked Jesus a question and Jesus told him, and Jesus loved him.

Why do you say he knew what he must do but?

There is no if and but or maybe.

We have to obey Jesus.

Jesus tells us we are not to do those things, and the Word of God tells us how not to do those things.

In Deutreonomy 30:6 God tells us what he must do so that we can live. “The LORD your God will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants, so that you may love him with all your heart and with all your soul, and live.”

Could you give the scripture that says Jesus circumcises us by faith?

We are the CIRCUMCISION, we who worship by the Spirit.

Philippians 3:3 For it is we who are the circumcision, we who worship by the Spirit of God, who glory in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh—

We come to Jesus and repent of our sins. WE PUT OFF the sinful nature.

Colossians 2:11 In him you were also circumcised, in the putting off of the sinful nature, not with a circumcision done by the hands of men but with the circumcision done by Christ,

WE HAVE A PART IN OUR HEARTS BEING CIRCUMCISED.

Deuteronomy 10:16 Circumcise your hearts, therefore, and do not be stiff-necked any longer.

We are to circumcise our hearts by repenting of our sins and that means to stop sinning.

Jeremiah 4:4 Circumcise yourselves to the LORD, circumcise your hearts, you people of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem, or my wrath will flare up and burn like fire because of the evil you have done-- burn with no one to quench it.

God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit circumcises our hearts.

Deuteronomy 30:6 The Lord your God will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants, so that you may love him with all your heart and with all your soul, and live.

Colossians 2:11 In him you were also circumcised, in the putting off of the sinful nature, not with a circumcision done by the hands of men but with the circumcision done by Christ,

Romans 2:29 No, a man is a Jew if he is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a man's praise is not from men, but from God.

When someone wants to be saved, they come to Jesus and repent of their sins and call on him.

Jesus then washes them clean of their sins and puts his Holy Spirit in their heart.

The Holy Spirit lives in our heart and causes us to want to obey God.

However, we can still sin and grieve the Holy Spirit.

God does not make us obey.

Read the scripture more carefully. God works in us TO WANT TO OBEY HIM.

God does not do the work of obeying.

Are you speaking of the old law or the new law?

I am not sure what you are saying. Could you explain better?

You are badly mistaken.

If you want Jesus to wash away your sins you have to obey.

You are not free to sin. Is that what you are saying?

Who but the devil would not want you to obey?

The devil didn't want Jesus Christ to obey Matt 4 however He did obey unto Death and it made them He lived and died for Righteous Rom 5:19 !

lifeisgood

Jesus is Supernatural, but Paul still had to obey and believe in his heart.

Please provide proof that Saul BEFORE he was thrown off his horse by Jesus

was OBEYING Jesus

and because

Saul was OBEYING Jesus

by murdering men, women, and children believers of Jesus

Jesus being so pleased with Saul OBEYING Jesus by murdering Jesus' believers that Jesus saved Saul.

Thank you

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Grace cannot be grace if it is merited. It becomes debt, not grace.

Grace means we do not have to do all these works forever just to be able to go to the temple to worship God:

The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

It means you do not have to have a special bath and sacrifice an animal for having your menses, or for sitting where someone else had their menses.

Jesus' blood makes us clean once and for all.

It does not mean we no longer have to obey Jesus and abstain from evil!
No, GT.
Grace is unmerited favor. Grace is grace, not a debt owed.
Grace is not limited for the ceremonial works only, it is for any works at all. Because if there were any works at all that man can accomplish to save, then Christ died in vain.

Grace is not limited to ceremonial works of the law. Grace is for the whole law.
Galatians 3 KJV
(10) For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.​

Righteousness does not come through any part of the law.
Galatians 2 KJV
(20) I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
(21) I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

There is no law that saves. If there was, then Christ died in vain.
Galatians 3 KJV
(21) Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
(22) But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.​

Couldn't be any clearer.
Titus 3 KJV
(5) Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;​

Believe it.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I do not believe you ever answered Tambora:
Do you tell your children when you put them to bed that God loves them?
Or do you tell them that they might be ones that were born only so God could send them to hell and there isn't a darn thing they can do about it?
That the only thing any Calvinist could tell their children, and stay true to their doctrine.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

was OBEYING Jesus

and because

Saul was OBEYING Jesus

Jesus being so pleased with Saul OBEYING Jesus by murdering Jesus' believers that Jesus saved Saul.

Thank you
Crazy, isn't it.

Romans 5 KJV
(8) But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

God's Truth

was OBEYING Jesus

and because

Saul was OBEYING Jesus

Thank you
Paul HAD TO OBEY AFTER BELIEVING IN JESUS.

Paul's conversion testimony proves your beliefs are wrong and false.

Acts 9:5 "Who are you, Lord?" Saul asked. "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting," he replied.

6 but get up and enter the city, and it will be told you what you must do."…

Jesus SAYS Paul had to do something. Why don't you believe Jesus?

beloved57

Paul HAD TO OBEY AFTER BELIEVING IN JESUS.

Paul's conversion testimony proves your beliefs are wrong and false.

Acts 9:5 "Who are you, Lord?" Saul asked. "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting," he replied.

6 but get up and enter the city, and it will be told you what you must do."…

Jesus SAYS Paul had to do something. Why don't you believe Jesus?

I am saved not by any obedience of mine, but by the obedience of one Jesus Christ, it made His People Righteous Rom 5:19 !