Obeying Jesus' teachings or commands is requirement for salvation.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
We are made wise by reading AND obeying God's wise words.

Psalm 94:7They have said, "The LORD does not see, Nor does the God of Jacob pay heed." 8Pay heed, you senseless among the people; And when will you understand, stupid ones? 9He who planted the ear, does He not hear? He who formed the eye, does He not see?…

These stupid folks are like you darlin'.

They think they have to do something for God to hear them.

beloved57

Jesus obeyed God and remained in His love that is why we have someone to be saved through.

Jesus says if you want to remain in his love you have to obey him.

John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

When Jesus obeyed God He did it for the many He represented and made them righteous Rom 5:19 ! It's the reverse of what Adam did when he disobeyed God and made them sinners Rom 5:18 !

Aimiel

You just cannot let go of the teachings of men.

Obeying God's word changes our heart.

God does not change our heart supernaturally.

If God changes hearts supernaturally, then NO ONE WOULD BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR SINS!
Then what did God mean when He said, in Ezekiel:

"A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them."

He gives us a NEW heart (of flesh), NEW spirit (after His Own) and puts His Spirit in us and causes us (by His indwelling presence) to walk in His Statutes and keep His Judgments and do them. You're mistaken: God DOES change our heart into a heart of flesh and He even gives us a new heart and a new spirit. These things don't happen immediately in our flesh, but we each 'work out' our salvation, with fear and trembling.

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

As we begin to walk with God and towards Him He walks with us and towards us. We can each have just as close of a relationship with Him as we desire. We all right now have this very day the relationship with God that we believed Him for yesterday.

Shasta

The book of John was written to the House of Israel. Not to the Gentiles.
You're a "false teacher."

Internal evidence is against you. The Book of John reflects a universality not seen in the other Gospels. More than any gospel John speaks about the Divine origin of Christ the savior of all mankind. The Gospel is very evangelical frequently giving the reader the plan of salvation.

You could make a case for the Jewishness of Matthew's Gospel because gives the details of Jesus' messianic credentials. Early leaders in the Church even claimed that the first version of Matthew was written in Hebrew.

External evidence is against you also. According to the Early Church Fathers the Gospel of John was written after all the other ones, some time in the last decade of the First Century. This was 30+ years after the death of Peter, Paul, James and the destruction of the temple. By that time the Church had become predominately Gentile rather than Jewish.

The Early Church Fathers report that John was then living in Ephesus when he wrote his gospel, his letters and the Apocalypse. That John was a leader to the Gentile believers in Asia Minor can be seen in the fact that Revelations addresses Apostolic/prophetic letters to the seven Churches of Asia Minor (the Churches John wrote to in Revelation)

The idea that John is a Jewish book is a MAD myth invented out of thin air. I believe the purpose of this myth is to downgrade the authority and relevance particularly of the letters of John because they do not fit with antinomian theology.

Last edited:

Shasta

Galatians 2:7 states: "But contrariwise, when they saw that the
gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the
gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;"

Paul preached the "Grace Message" to the Gentiles, while Peter
preached the "Kingdom Message" to the House of Israel.

Galatians 2:7
But on the contrary, seeing that I had been entrusted with THE gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been to the circumcised

The word Gospel is mentioned only once in the Greek text and in the SINGULAR FORM. However, the recipients of the message consist of TWO populations. ONE message --- TWO recipients. This seems to be consistent in the NT

turbosixx

James 1:1 KJV is who James is writing to. James 2:1 KJV does not say faith in, but the faith OF Jesus Christ.
In the Body of Christ there is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female.

Galatians 3:28 KJV There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

There is a distinction in the Lord's "My church" just as there was in Moses' church

Exodus 19:5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

3 John 1:7 Because that for his name's sake they went forth, taking nothing of the Gentiles.

No. We are a new creature in Christ 2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV

We are not likened to those Gentiles, but these (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV).

Thanks for your replies. I read all of your post and the root problem I see that I’m struggling with is the division of Christ. You said there were three churches in the bible, but you didn’t answer which one James was referring to.

5:14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.

Could I get more clarification, I don’t see how these verses support your point.

"There is a distinction in the Lord's "My church" just as there was in Moses' church

Exodus 19:5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

3 John 1:7 Because that for his name's sake they went forth, taking nothing of the Gentiles."

God's Truth

The book of John was written to the House of Israel. Not to the Gentiles.
You're a "false teacher."

Jesus is for everyone.

First to the Jews, and then to the Gentiles.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

Acts 3:26 When God raised up his servant, he sent him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways."

Romans 2:9
There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile;

God's Truth

Galatians 2:7 states: "But contrariwise, when they saw that the
gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the
gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;"

Paul preached the "Grace Message" to the Gentiles, while Peter
preached the "Kingdom Message" to the House of Israel.

Paul preached the kingdom message.

Acts 20:25 “Now I know that none of you among whom I have gone about preaching the kingdom will ever see me again.

Acts 28:23 They arranged to meet Paul on a certain day, and came in even larger numbers to the place where he was staying. He witnessed to them from morning till evening, explaining about the kingdom of God, and from the Law of Moses and from the Prophets he tried to persuade them about Jesus.

Acts 28:31 He proclaimed the kingdom of God and taught about the Lord Jesus Christ—with all boldness and without hindrance!

Romans 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit,

...and many more.

God's Truth

Which words in scripture "matter"? Does it matter whether God put it in Pharaoh's heart not to let Israel go (Exodus 4:21) or whether He simply told Pharaoh not to do it? Is there no difference whether the directive was internal or external?

You are not making your case.

In Jeremiah 31:33 we read that God will put His Law in the hearts of Israel. But hadn't He already revealed it TO them via Moses? Surely the distinction is critical here.

And just as you make an "unscriptural" (in your words) conclusion - not using the very words of scripture - when you conclude that God does not change our heart supernaturally but our obedience does - I'm observing the scripture's details about Paul's conversion. Should I ignore those details because you don't accept my conclusion?

Paul believed in Jesus because he appeared to him.

Jesus did not supernaturally make Paul believe and obey.

You should be more careful what you say the Bible says.

God's Truth

Then what did God mean when He said, in Ezekiel:

"A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them."

He gives us a NEW heart (of flesh), NEW spirit (after His Own) and puts His Spirit in us and causes us (by His indwelling presence) to walk in His Statutes and keep His Judgments and do them. You're mistaken: God DOES change our heart into a heart of flesh and He even gives us a new heart and a new spirit. These things don't happen immediately in our flesh, but we each 'work out' our salvation, with fear and trembling.

God gives us His Word, His commands, and we can hear them and obey them and it gives us life.

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

As we begin to walk with God and towards Him He walks with us and towards us. We can each have just as close of a relationship with Him as we desire. We all right now have this very day the relationship with God that we believed Him for yesterday.

We have to obey to be saved. You cannot get around that.

God's Truth

God’s Truth what is your reading of the law?

In Luke 10:25 the lawyer asks Jesus "What should I do to inherit eternal life?"

Jesus said "What is written in the law? What is your reading of it?"
So he answered, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind," and "love your neighbor as yourself." And He said to him, "You have answered rightly; do this and you will live." Jesus told him, "You have answered rightly; do this and you will live."

This man was challenging Jesus with his words.
I do not believe the man was challenging Jesus.

He asked Jesus a question and Jesus told him, and Jesus loved him.

He knew what he must do to gain eternal life but what is the reality?

Why do you say he knew what he must do but?

There is no if and but or maybe.

We have to obey Jesus.

Do you know what is in the heart of mankind?

Matthew 15:18-20 show us what is in our hearts. Jesus says lusting after someone is akin to adultery. Hating your brother akin to murder. We can safely assume we are grave sinners before God. These sins come from within us.

Jesus tells us we are not to do those things, and the Word of God tells us how not to do those things.

In Deutreonomy 30:6 God tells us what he must do so that we can live. “The LORD your God will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants, so that you may love him with all your heart and with all your soul, and live.”
This is why Jesus circumcises our hearts by faith.

Could you give the scripture that says Jesus circumcises us by faith?

We are the CIRCUMCISION, we who worship by the Spirit.

Philippians 3:3 For it is we who are the circumcision, we who worship by the Spirit of God, who glory in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh—

We come to Jesus and repent of our sins. WE PUT OFF the sinful nature.

Colossians 2:11 In him you were also circumcised, in the putting off of the sinful nature, not with a circumcision done by the hands of men but with the circumcision done by Christ,

WE HAVE A PART IN OUR HEARTS BEING CIRCUMCISED.

Deuteronomy 10:16 Circumcise your hearts, therefore, and do not be stiff-necked any longer.

We are to circumcise our hearts by repenting of our sins and that means to stop sinning.

Jeremiah 4:4 Circumcise yourselves to the LORD, circumcise your hearts, you people of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem, or my wrath will flare up and burn like fire because of the evil you have done-- burn with no one to quench it.

God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit circumcises our hearts.

Deuteronomy 30:6 The Lord your God will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants, so that you may love him with all your heart and with all your soul, and live.

Colossians 2:11 In him you were also circumcised, in the putting off of the sinful nature, not with a circumcision done by the hands of men but with the circumcision done by Christ,

Romans 2:29 No, a man is a Jew if he is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a man's praise is not from men, but from God.

When someone wants to be saved, they come to Jesus and repent of their sins and call on him.

Jesus then washes them clean of their sins and puts his Holy Spirit in their heart.

The Holy Spirit lives in our heart and causes us to want to obey God.

However, we can still sin and grieve the Holy Spirit.

God does not make us obey.

Read also Matthew 7:18 “A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit” this is not from us but it is our reliance on God almighty who works in us. If we do a good work it is because the Lord is working in us.

Read the scripture more carefully. God works in us TO WANT TO OBEY HIM.

God does not do the work of obeying.

So what is your reading of the law? Is it not something we can keep by our own power?

Are you speaking of the old law or the new law?

I too believe we should be obedient to the Lord. He wants us to love our neighbors. But we are conquerors by our faith in Jesus Christ who blotted out the worlds sin.

I am not sure what you are saying. Could you explain better?

Obedience cannot wash a sin away like you have mentioned it does.
You are badly mistaken.

If you want Jesus to wash away your sins you have to obey.

Paul nevertheless says "Shall we sin so grace shall increase? By no means!" You have to see the implied, we are free through our faiths.

You are not free to sin. Is that what you are saying?