Obeying Jesus' teachings or commands is requirement for salvation.

God's Truth

Yep, be baptized and call upon his name.

That was it, period.

Psalm 116:17 KJV

17 I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the LORD.

Isaiah 12:4 KJV

4 And in that day shall ye say , Praise the LORD, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted .

Joel 2:32 KJV

32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered : for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said , and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call .

Acts 2:21 KJV

21 And it shall come to pass , that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved .

We are to repent of our sins and call on Jesus to help us.

nikolai_42

We are not to boast in the ceremonial WORKS OF THE OLD LAW.

Paul did boast in his obedience, and we can boast in our obedience.

Paul says he wants us to boast in each other.

For we do not write you anything you cannot read or understand. And I hope that, as you have understood us in part, you will come to understand fully that you can boast of us just as we will boast of you in the day of the Lord Jesus. See 2 Corinthians 1:13,14.

Paul shows us we can boast in ourselves.

2 Corinthians 1:12 Now this is our boast: Our conscience testifies that we have conducted ourselves in the world, and especially in our relations with you, with integrity and godly sincerity. We have done so, relying not on worldly wisdom but on God's grace.

2 Corinthians 7:14 had boasted to him about you, and you have not embarrassed me. But just as everything we said to you was true, so our boasting about you to Titus has proved to be true as well.

1 Thessalonians 2:10
You are witnesses, and so is God, of how holy, righteous and blameless we were among you who believed.

2 Corinthians 12:6
Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth.

Acts 23:1
Paul looked straight at the Sanhedrin and said, "My brothers, I have fulfilled my duty to God in all good conscience to this day."

1 Corinthians 9:15 But I have not used any of these rights. And I am not writing this in the hope that you will do such things for me, for I would rather die than allow anyone to deprive me of this boast.

You are speaking of things that are NOT in the Bible. You are speaking things not from God, but are the words of the imagination of men.

God does not make us obey supernaturally.

Faith is from God, from reading His powerful message, the Bible, the New Testament. It has the powerful message that saves. We do not get faith supernaturally, as many teach, but we get faith in a very human way, from reading the supernatural message!

Where does our faith come from? Our faith comes from HEARING the word, see Romans 10:17. From hearing the word and being TAUGHT, Colossians 1:5, 7. From continuing in what we have been CONVINCED of, see 2 Timothy 3:14, and being PERSUADED,

But I am speaking of things from the Bible. Is it not true what I said of Paul?

So when you seemingly reject the idea that Paul was changed instantly simply because the scripture doesn't use that specific terminology about his specific situation, aren't you ignoring the big picture? If Paul was "breathing out threatenings" one moment and then ready to obey God the next, how is that not a massive change of heart?

God's Truth

But I am speaking of things from the Bible. Is it not true what I said of Paul?

So when you seemingly reject the idea that Paul was changed instantly simply because the scripture doesn't use that specific terminology about his specific situation,

You say it right there, you are speaking of things that are NOT in the Bible.

aren't you ignoring the big picture? If Paul was "breathing out threatenings" one moment and then ready to obey God the next, how is that not a massive change of heart?

Jesus did a miraculous thing by APPEARING to Paul. That does NOT mean Jesus made Paul supernaturally change his heart and mind.

Paul believed in Jesus and still had to obey.

Jesus says BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO BELIEVE AND HAVE NOT SEEN ME.

Jesus is not going to appear to everyone to change their mind and heart, and he does not ever change are heart and mind without our wanting and knowing.

What you believe and teach is from the imagination of men. Luther and Calvin taught that falseness.

nikolai_42

You just cannot let go of the teachings of men.

Obeying God's word changes our heart.

God does not change our heart supernaturally.

If God changes hearts supernaturally, then NO ONE WOULD BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR SINS!

Wow...so Ezekiel 11:19 and Ezekiel 36:26 don't mean what they say? And Paul doesn't really mean exactly what he says when he describes his futility (and I'm assuming for this thread what you believe - that he says it as one not saved)?

And I put it to you that while I don't know that your assertion that no accountability for sin goes along with God changing hearts miraculously (or maybe rather that that is the whole point of salvation and God not holding men's sins to their account in Christ), it certainly must be true that if God changes hearts supernaturally, then no one could legitimately take any credit for their own righteousness.

How else can a man be born again? Unless God does it, it won't happen.

He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

John 1:11-13

nikolai_42

You say it right there, you are speaking of things that are NOT in the Bible.

Jesus did a miraculous thing by APPEARING to Paul. That does NOT mean Jesus made Paul supernaturally change his heart and mind.

Paul believed in Jesus and still had to obey.

Jesus says BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO BELIEVE AND HAVE NOT SEEN ME.

Jesus is not going to appear to everyone to change their mind and heart, and he does not ever change are heart and mind without our wanting and knowing.

What you believe and teach is from the imagination of men. Luther and Calvin taught that falseness.

Jesus may not appear to everyone as He did to Paul, but the change of the heart must happen one way or another. If of our obedience, then we have whereof to boast. If of God, then we don't.

Was Paul changed on the road to Damascus? Yes or no?

God's Truth

Jesus may not appear to everyone as He did to Paul, but the change of the heart must happen one way or another. If of our obedience, then we have whereof to boast. If of God, then we don't.

Was Paul changed on the road to Damascus? Yes or no?

You have to listen more carefully.

I gave scripture to tell you where faith comes from, and I gave you scripture where PAUL SAYS HE BOASTS AND THAT WE CAN BOAST.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
After Paul went, he fasted; he did not eat or drink anything for three days.

Acts 9:9 And he was three days without sight, and neither ate nor drank.

Paul spent this time praying. If you do not think that Paul spent this time begging for forgiveness and repenting, then you would be badly mistaken.

This post shows that you have no knowledge of fasting.

We fast to be able to hear from God.

Not for him to hear from us.

God's Truth

Wow...so Ezekiel 11:19 and Ezekiel 36:26 don't mean what they say? And Paul doesn't really mean exactly what he says when he describes his futility (and I'm assuming for this thread what you believe - that he says it as one not saved)?

Are you even reading the scriptures that I am giving to prove what I say?!

Ezekiel 18:31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel?

God's Truth

But you're not answering the question. Was Paul changed on the road to Damascus?

Paul believed and obeyed Jesus.

You are trying to twist the truth to defend one of your false teachers. You want to hang on to what you were taught, even if if means denying the truth.

Jesus appeared to Paul and that is what made Paul believe. Paul became an apostle and had to suffer much for it.

Paul had to believe and obey all on his own.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Jesus is Supernatural, but Paul still had to obey and believe in his heart.

God does not make us do anything that we do not want to do.

You do understand that believing is faith?

God gives each of us our measure of faith.

It must be supernatural, as yer ole natural self just caint grasp it.

Romans 12:3 KJV

3 For I say , through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think ; but to think soberly , according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.