Obeying Jesus' teachings or commands is requirement for salvation.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
She knows they have a different name, and say different things.
Whether she will ever be honest and admit it remains to be seen.

There is no gospel called law keeping.

By yer own quote, Paul tells us there is one Gospel that he was called to be an Apostle of.

That was the Gospel of God, concerning Jesus Christ that was spoken of by the prophets of Holy scripture.

*Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, acalled to be an apostle, bseparated unto the gospel of God, 2 c(Which he had promised afore dby his prophets in the holy scriptures,) 3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, ewhich was fmade of the seed of David according to the flesh; 4 And †declared to be gthe Son of God with power, according hto the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Paul, the minister of the NEW COVENANT QUOTED what JESUS SAID WHEN JESUS WALKED THE EARTH.

Romans 11:27
For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

1 Corinthians 11:25
In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

2 Corinthians 2:12
[ Ministers of the New Covenant ] Now when I went to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ and found that the Lord had opened a door for me,

2 Corinthians 3:6
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

2 Corinthians 3:7
[ The Greater Glory of the New Covenant ] Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was,

Galatians 3:15
[ The Law and the Promise ] Brothers and sisters, let me take an example from everyday life. Just as no one can set aside or add to a human covenant that has been duly established, so it is in this case.

Galatians 3:17
What I mean is this: The law, introduced 430 years later, does not set aside the covenant previously established by God and thus do away with the promise.

Galatians 4:24
These things are being taken figuratively: The women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar.

In order to hang on to dispensationism they must confuse covenant with gospel.

It wont fly, much like their pre trib rapture theory.

nikolai_42

You think wrong, and I am trying to help you.

You preach that no one without the Holy Spirit can do anything good. I gave you scripture that proved you wrong; for it is to the good that the Holy Spirit is given, to those who believe and obey Jesus. If you are not good, then you can do what Jesus says and HUMBLE yourself.

Matthew 18:3 And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

You have to humble yourself to be saved.

You have to humble yourself so that you can obey Jesus; so that you can admit to being a sinner and repent of your sins.

A person without FAITH cannot please God. That does not mean an unbeliever cannot do anything good ever. Even the wicked LOVE THOSE WHO LOVE THEM.

Hebrews 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

So then, are you going to continue to deny Jesus' words, the words he spoke about people who HAD NOT YET RECEIVED THE HOLY SPIRIT?

Abraham was not justified by faith alone!

God even TESTED Abraham's faith!!!!!

James 2:21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar?

God promised things to Abraham BECAUSE Abraham obeyed God!

Genesis 26:4-5 I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and will give them all these lands, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because Abraham obeyed me and kept my requirements, my commands, my decrees and my laws."

It is about not having to be circumcised. It is NOT about not having to obey!

If you want God's Truth, you are going to have to study a lot harder and go a lot deeper.

Jesus fulfilled the ceremonial works of the law.

The Jews USED TO HAVE TO make themselves clean, they did WORKS to clean themselves. Through faith in Jesus' blood, WE ARE MADE CLEAN AND DO NOT HAVE TO DO THE CEREMONIAL WORKS ANYMORE.

Are you kidding? God gives a new heart and a new Spirit to those who REPENT OF THEIR SINS.

Ezekiel 18:31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel?

We get a new heart and a new Spirit BY OBEYING GOD BY REPENTING.

The passage I quoted in Romans said the law carried personal inability - not just ceremonial futility. The two are different and both are true. But it remains true that the futility Paul described in Romans is universal - not just to the Jew.

God said He would take out the heart of stone. The heart of stone cannot obey God. Otherwise, why take it out to begin with? The heart of stone is replaced with a new heart and a new spirit. The foundation is not our work or works - it is God's. Otherwise, our salvation would rest in our work or works. The salvation itself is not disputed - I know you are saying salvation is God's work. But it - as a whole - rests either in our ability or God's power. If your faith rests and stands in your ability to do a good work, then it rests in your power. If it rests instead on the ability of God to change you, then it rests in His.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The new covenant is believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved...to add to it will bring a curse upon the one who adds to it

God's Truth

The passage I quoted in Romans said the law carried personal inability - not just ceremonial futility. The two are different and both are true. But it remains true that the futility Paul described in Romans is universal - not just to the Jew.
There was an inability for the Jews who did not have faith in God, for there WERE JEWS WHO OBEYED THE WHOLE LAW BLAMELESSLY.

Luke 1:6 Both of them were righteous in the sight of God, observing all the Lord's commands and decrees blamelessly.

God said He would take out the heart of stone. The heart of stone cannot obey God. Otherwise, why take it out to begin with? The heart of stone is replaced with a new heart and a new spirit.

Anyone can humble themselves and obey.

The scripture PLAINLY says God told them to RID THEMSELVES of their offenses.

The foundation is not our work or works - it is God's. Otherwise, our salvation would rest in our work or works.

Our salvation rests on the WORD OF GOD. If you do not obey the words of God by the Word of God, then you will not have life.

Jesus' words are Spirit and life.

You do not get life if you do not obey His Word.

John 6:63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you--they are full of the Spirit and life.

John 8:51 Very truly I tell you, whoever obeys my word will never see death."

The salvation itself is not disputed - I know you are saying salvation is God's work. But it - as a whole - rests either in our ability or God's power. If your faith rests and stands in your ability to do a good work, then it rests in your power. If it rests instead on the ability of God to change you, then it rests in His.

We are made clean by OUR FAITH that Jesus' blood washing our sins away. Jesus gives the Holy Spirit to live inside those he chooses.

Jesus chooses those who OBEY HIM.

John 14:23, Acts 5:32, and many more.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

God said He would take out the heart of stone. The heart of stone cannot obey God. Otherwise, why take it out to begin with? The heart of stone is replaced with a new heart and a new spirit. The foundation is not our work or works - it is God's. Otherwise, our salvation would rest in our work or works. The salvation itself is not disputed - I know you are saying salvation is God's work. But it - as a whole - rests either in our ability or God's power. If your faith rests and stands in your ability to do a good work, then it rests in your power. If it rests instead on the ability of God to change you, then it rests in His.

amen

nikolai_42

There was an inability for the Jews who did not have faith in God, for there WERE JEWS WHO OBEYED THE WHOLE LAW BLAMELESSLY.

Luke 1:6 Both of them were righteous in the sight of God, observing all the Lord's commands and decrees blamelessly.

Anyone can humble themselves and obey.

The scripture PLAINLY says God told them to RID THEMSELVES of their offenses.

The good that I would do, I cannot do....

Our salvation rests on the WORD OF GOD. If you do not obey the words of God by the Word of God, then you will not have life.

Jesus' words are Spirit and life.

You do not get life if you do not obey His Word.

John 6:63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you--they are full of the Spirit and life.

John 8:51 Very truly I tell you, whoever obeys my word will never see death."

We are made clean by OUR FAITH that Jesus' blood washing our sins away. Jesus gives the Holy Spirit to live inside those he chooses.

Jesus chooses those who OBEY HIM.

What did Paul do to be chosen?

John 14:23, Acts 5:32, and many more.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The curse which comes upon the one trying to be saved by obeying commands is what Paul calls the curse of the law. It is the curse for disobeying even one of God's commandments.

You can read what the curse for disobeying even one of God's commandments in Leviticus.

But Paul says we [who have trusted Christ] have been delivered from the curse of the law.

People who teach and preach obedience to commandments KNOW even while they are speaking that THEY themselves do not obey the commandments...that makes them double hypocrites.

God's Truth

The good that I would do, I cannot do....
Paul was speaking in a very exaggerated way what it is like for someone to live under the old law without FAITH.
What did Paul do to be chosen?

Jesus saved Paul after Paul believed and obeyed him.

Paul's conversion proves you wrong, for why wasn't Paul saved right when he believed in Jesus on the Road to Damascus?

When Paul was on the road to Damascus, Jesus spoke to him and Paul believed. Paul was not then saved.

Acts 9:5 "Who are you, Lord?" Saul asked. "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting," he replied.

6 but get up and enter the city, and it will be told you what you must do."…

Paul had to obey Jesus before Jesus saved him...Paul had to go where Jesus told him to go; Paul went.

After Paul went, he fasted; he did not eat or drink anything for three days.

Acts 9:9 And he was three days without sight, and neither ate nor drank.

Paul spent this time praying. If you do not think that Paul spent this time begging for forgiveness and repenting, then you would be badly mistaken.

Acts 9:11 The Lord told him, "Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying.

When Paul had his vision restored to him, he was told to get up, be baptized and wash his sins away, calling on the Lord.

When people were baptized with water that was symbolic of having their sins washed away, after they repented.

Acts 22:16 And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.'

Paul was saved after believing and obeying Jesus.

God's Truth

No it is not.

God cut the deal (covenant) with Abraham way back.

It is only considered new now because Christ has come.

The Gospel is every word of God.

The new covenant was spoken to Abraham, but they had to wait for the Messiah to come and die for us.

The gospel is every word of God.

It has always been about believing and obeying God.

Adam and Eve had to believe and obey God in the time in the garden when it was just one command.

People had to believe and obey God in the time of Noah when people were told not to be wicked.

People had to believe and obey God in the time of Moses and thereafter, when the law was given.

It is ALWAYS about BELIEVING AND OBEYING God.

God's Truth

The curse which comes upon the one trying to be saved by obeying commands is what Paul calls the curse of the law. It is the curse for disobeying even one of God's commandments.

You can read what the curse for disobeying even one of God's commandments in Leviticus.

But Paul says we [who have trusted Christ] have been delivered from the curse of the law.

People who teach and preach obedience to commandments KNOW even while they are speaking that THEY themselves do not obey the commandments...that makes them double hypocrites.

There are people who did not yet have the Holy Spirit and they obeyed the old law BLAMELESSLY.

However, the old law was NOT based on faith. There were Jews who had faith and obeyed, and there were Jews who did NOT have faith and obeyed the ceremonial laws.

Faith makes the difference, but it does not EXCLUDE OBEDIENCE.

The NEW LAW IS BASED ON FAITH.

Romans 3:27 Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. Because of what law? The law that requires works? No, because of the law that requires faith.

God's Truth

Jesus did not die so that we no longer have to obey!

Jesus died to take away our sins and no animal blood year after year.

Jesus died so that we do not have to go to a temple to worship God.

Jesus died so that we BECOME THE TEMPLE.

It does NOT mean we do not have to obey.

nikolai_42

Paul was speaking in a very exaggerated way what it is like for someone to live under the old law without FAITH.

Jesus saved Paul after Paul believed and obeyed him.

Paul's conversion proves you wrong, for why wasn't Paul saved right when he believed in Jesus on the Road to Damascus?

When Paul was on the road to Damascus, Jesus spoke to him and Paul believed. Paul was not then saved.

Acts 9:5 "Who are you, Lord?" Saul asked. "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting," he replied.

6 but get up and enter the city, and it will be told you what you must do."…

Paul had to obey Jesus before Jesus saved him...Paul had to go where Jesus told him to go; Paul went.

After Paul went, he fasted; he did not eat or drink anything for three days.

Acts 9:9 And he was three days without sight, and neither ate nor drank.

Paul spent this time praying. If you do not think that Paul spent this time begging for forgiveness and repenting, then you would be badly mistaken.

Acts 9:11 The Lord told him, "Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying.

When Paul had his vision restored to him, he was told to get up, be baptized and wash his sins away, calling on the Lord.

When people were baptized with water that was symbolic of having their sins washed away, after they repented.

Acts 22:16 And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.'

Paul was saved after believing and obeying Jesus.

I think you're straining at that gnat again - this same man who one moment was ready to murder every Christian around, is the next moment ready to serve the Lord they all worship. You're telling me there hasn't been a fundamental change in Paul's heart in that moment?

God's Truth

Jesus tells us to "repent" when he tells us to believe for the forgiveness of sins.

That is right.

Repentance meaning to have a change of heart; to stop running towards evil and run after the kingdom of God in his service.

Repent of our sins means repent of our sins.

But this does not mean He took away our sinful nature, but gave us a second nature.
We are to bury our sinful nature. Our sinful nature is to die.

No reason to defend us sinning so grace will increase, Paul was against that "What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase?"

That is right.