Obeying Jesus' teachings or commands is requirement for salvation.

God's Truth

LOL

Romans 16:25-27 KJV

25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory

Paul calls it HIS gospel OUR gospel, the gospel of GOD and the gospel of CHRIST.

It doesn't mean it is only his new gospel only from him!!!!!

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
You dont know what arminianism believes apparantly. While there might be some who teach that, the vast majority certainly do believe that most men end up in hell. Free will doesnt mean all are saved from hell by a longshot.

To understand Arminianism in an easy way is to look into Wesleyanism. They save themselves through cooperation as if God let men do it through 100% free will. Nothing like that in the bible at all. The bible quotes used to defend total depravity is the proof that you're dead wrong and you listened to your pastor too much without supporting bible quotes.

God's Truth

So let me get this straight...You are saying that Romans 6 deals mainly with Paul's argument as an unbeliever - apart from God.

Romans 7 is Paul speaking of what he WAS LIKE under the law and without faith. It did NOT take faith to obey the old law.

Galatians 3:12 The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, it says, "The person who does these things will live by them."

Further, you are saying that until someone does good, they won't receive the Holy Spirit. In other words, the good comes first.

That is what the WORD OF GOD SAYS.

Luke 8:15 “… these are the ones who have heard the word in an honest and good heart, and hold it fast, and bear fruit with perseverance.”

Matthew 12:35 A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him.

John 18:37 "You are a king, then!" said Pilate. Jesus answered, "You say that I am a king. In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

JESUS SAYS you CANNOT put one scripture aside! Tell me, are you going to put these scriptures aside for your false teachers words?

Reading Paul directly...

Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.
For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

Romans 6:13-19

How is it that the good can precede the Holy Spirit in one who clearly is unable to do good - and admits that inability?

Paul is speaking of someone under the law who does NOT have faith.

There were Jews who had faith, and they obeyed the law. Then there were also Jews who did not have faith, and they tried to obey the law and were hypocrites.

Faith was not a requirement. However, it is NOW.

We have a new law, and it is the old law with some changes.

It is the law that requires faith.

See Hebrews 7:12, Romans 8:2, Romans 3:27.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Paul calls it HIS gospel OUR gospel, the gospel of GOD and the gospel of CHRIST.

It doesn't mean it is only his new gospel only from him!!!!!

The gospel of God is not the gospel of Christ. The gospel of God is the WHO of Jesus Christ and that God raised Him from the dead (Romans 1:1-4 KJV). The gospel of Christ is the WHY of the cross (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). It was kept secret since the world began, "but now is made manifest,..." (Romans 16:25-26 KJV) and the KJB tells us why (1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV).

The Lord and the 12 were preaching the gospel of the kingdom for three+ years and it did not include the mystery of Christ/ the preaching of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery!

There is more than one gospel in the Bible as the Bible is full of details and they are not all the same!

heir

TOL Subscriber
The WORKS PAUL was speaking about is the ceremonial works people used to have to do.
It's ALL inclusive! ALL means ALL!

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

God's Truth

The gospel of God is not the gospel of Christ.

Romans 1:1 Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God—

Romans 15:16 to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles. He gave me the priestly duty of proclaiming the gospel of God, so that the Gentiles might become an offering acceptable to God, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.

2 Corinthians 11:7 Was it a sin for me to lower myself in order to elevate you by preaching the gospel of God to you free of charge?

1 Thessalonians 2:8 so we cared for you. Because we loved you so much, we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well.

1 Thessalonians 2:9 Surely you remember, brothers and sisters, our toil and hardship; we worked night and day in order not to be a burden to anyone while we preached the gospel of God to you.

Oh look, Peter calls it the same thing:

1 Peter 4:17 For it is time for judgment to begin with God’s
household; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

1 Thessalonians 2:2 We had previously suffered and been treated outrageously in Philippi, as you know, but with the help of our God we dared to tell you his gospel in the face of strong opposition.

God's Truth

Paul calls it the GOSPEL OF CHRIST.

Romans 15:19 by the power of signs and wonders, through the power of the Spirit of God. So from Jerusalem all the way around to Illyricum, I have fully proclaimed the gospel of Christ.

1 Corinthians 9:12 If others have this right of support from you, shouldn’t we have it all the more? But we did not use this right. On the contrary, we put up with anything rather than hinder the gospel of Christ.

2 Corinthians 2:12[ Ministers of the New Covenant ] Now when I went to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ and found that the Lord had opened a door for me,
2 Corinthians 9:13 Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, others will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else.

2 Corinthians 10:14 We are not going too far in our boasting, as would be the case if we had not come to you, for we did get as far as you with the gospel of Christ.

Galatians 1:7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ.
Philippians 1:27 [ Life Worthy of the Gospel ] Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in the one Spirit, striving together as one for the faith of the gospel

1 Thessalonians 3:2 We sent Timothy, who is our brother and co-worker in God’s service in spreading the gospel of Christ, to strengthen and encourage you in your faith,

beloved57

Romans 1:1 Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God—

Romans 15:16 to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles. He gave me the priestly duty of proclaiming the gospel of God, so that the Gentiles might become an offering acceptable to God, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.

2 Corinthians 11:7 Was it a sin for me to lower myself in order to elevate you by preaching the gospel of God to you free of charge?

1 Thessalonians 2:8 so we cared for you. Because we loved you so much, we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well.

1 Thessalonians 2:9 Surely you remember, brothers and sisters, our toil and hardship; we worked night and day in order not to be a burden to anyone while we preached the gospel of God to you.

household; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

1 Thessalonians 2:2 We had previously suffered and been treated outrageously in Philippi, as you know, but with the help of our God we dared to tell you his gospel in the face of strong opposition.
TULIP is the Gospel, no matter how many scriptures you quote, if you don't believe it you don't believe the Gospel!

God's Truth

It's ALL inclusive! ALL means ALL!

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

PAUL WAS NOT saying we are saved by faith and no obedience!!!!!

heir

TOL Subscriber

Oh, a counting exercise. The gospel of God. That's 1.

nikolai_42

Romans 7 is Paul speaking of what he WAS LIKE under the law and without faith. It did NOT take faith to obey the old law.

Galatians 3:12 The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, it says, "The person who does these things will live by them."

That is what the WORD OF GOD SAYS.

Luke 8:15 “… these are the ones who have heard the word in an honest and good heart, and hold it fast, and bear fruit with perseverance.”

Matthew 12:35 A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him.

John 18:37 "You are a king, then!" said Pilate. Jesus answered, "You say that I am a king. In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

JESUS SAYS you CANNOT put one scripture aside! Tell me, are you going to put these scriptures aside for your false teachers words?

Paul is speaking of someone under the law who does NOT have faith.

There were Jews who had faith, and they obeyed the law. Then there were also Jews who did not have faith, and they tried to obey the law and were hypocrites.

Faith was not a requirement. However, it is NOW.

We have a new law, and it is the old law with some changes.

It is the law that requires faith.

See Hebrews 7:12, Romans 8:2, Romans 3:27.

You're straining at gnats and swallowing camels (at best) I think. On the one side (before one is in Christ) you have someone who can't do good (whether he wants to or not). You are then saying that that person has to do good before being given the Spirit of God. Of course, that requires (for your stance) to assert that something has changed with human nature. Abraham was justified the same way you and I are justified - by faith. So the argument that the Law applied then and not now doesn't change the fact that human nature is still human nature. We either can or cannot fulfill the law (whether or not we are under it). Unless you want to say some people are naturally better than others.

Remember, God Himself said that He would give a new heart and a new Spirit and make the hearts of the people turn to Him. It's all grounded in His work. And if you say that can only be for the Jews, then not all can be said to be naturally unbelieving. Paul tells the Galatians (not Jews) :

But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Galatians 3:22-24

Without the Law, no one comes to Christ - no one sees the need to.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Paul calls it the GOSPEL OF CHRIST.

Romans 15:19 by the power of signs and wonders, through the power of the Spirit of God. So from Jerusalem all the way around to Illyricum, I have fully proclaimed the gospel of Christ.

1 Corinthians 9:12 If others have this right of support from you, shouldn’t we have it all the more? But we did not use this right. On the contrary, we put up with anything rather than hinder the gospel of Christ.

2 Corinthians 2:12[ Ministers of the New Covenant ] Now when I went to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ and found that the Lord had opened a door for me,
2 Corinthians 9:13 Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, others will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else.

2 Corinthians 10:14 We are not going too far in our boasting, as would be the case if we had not come to you, for we did get as far as you with the gospel of Christ.

Galatians 1:7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ.
Philippians 1:27 [ Life Worthy of the Gospel ] Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in the one Spirit, striving together as one for the faith of the gospel

1 Thessalonians 3:2 We sent Timothy, who is our brother and co-worker in God’s service in spreading the gospel of Christ, to strengthen and encourage you in your faith,
The gospel of Christ. That's 2. Want to go for 3?