Obeying Jesus' teachings or commands is requirement for salvation.

God's Truth

You're straining at gnats and swallowing camels (at best) I think.

You think wrong, and I am trying to help you.

You preach that no one without the Holy Spirit can do anything good. I gave you scripture that proved you wrong; for it is to the good that the Holy Spirit is given, to those who believe and obey Jesus. If you are not good, then you can do what Jesus says and HUMBLE yourself.

Matthew 18:3 And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

You have to humble yourself to be saved.

You have to humble yourself so that you can obey Jesus; so that you can admit to being a sinner and repent of your sins.

On the one side (before one is in Christ) you have someone who can't do good (whether he wants to or not).

A person without FAITH cannot please God. That does not mean an unbeliever cannot do anything good ever. Even the wicked LOVE THOSE WHO LOVE THEM.

Hebrews 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

You are then saying that that person has to do good before being given the Spirit of God. Of course, that requires (for your stance) to assert that something has changed with human nature.

So then, are you going to continue to deny Jesus' words, the words he spoke about people who HAD NOT YET RECEIVED THE HOLY SPIRIT?

Abraham was justified the same way you and I are justified - by faith.
Abraham was not justified by faith alone!

God even TESTED Abraham's faith!!!!!

James 2:21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar?

God promised things to Abraham BECAUSE Abraham obeyed God!

Genesis 26:4-5 I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and will give them all these lands, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because Abraham obeyed me and kept my requirements, my commands, my decrees and my laws."

So the argument that the Law applied then and not now doesn't change the fact that human nature is still human nature.

It is about not having to be circumcised. It is NOT about not having to obey!

If you want God's Truth, you are going to have to study a lot harder and go a lot deeper.

We either can or cannot fulfill the law (whether or not we are under it). Unless you want to say some people are naturally better than others.

Jesus fulfilled the ceremonial works of the law.

The Jews USED TO HAVE TO make themselves clean, they did WORKS to clean themselves. Through faith in Jesus' blood, WE ARE MADE CLEAN AND DO NOT HAVE TO DO THE CEREMONIAL WORKS ANYMORE.
Remember, God Himself said that He would give a new heart and a new Spirit and make the hearts of the people turn to Him. It's all grounded in His work. And if you say that can only be for the Jews, then not all can be said to be naturally unbelieving. Paul tells the Galatians (not Jews) :

Are you kidding? God gives a new heart and a new Spirit to those who REPENT OF THEIR SINS.

Ezekiel 18:31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel?

We get a new heart and a new Spirit BY OBEYING GOD BY REPENTING.

God's Truth

simple question, simple answer

What's the problem, GT? Answer it!

I have answered many times!

There were NOT many apostles.

The apostles preached where the gospel had not yet been heard.

Paul preached the same gospel to the JEWS, GREEKS, and GENTILES, and it was the same gospel that the other apostles preached to the Jews that were spread out into many different nations.

God's Truth

Mark 4:24 "Consider carefully what you hear," he continued. "With the measure you use, it will be measured to you--and even more.

God's Truth

When Jesus had his earthly ministry, he preached the commands for the new covenant.

When Jesus shed his blood on the cross, he shed his blood for the new covenant.

Jesus came first for a people who were prepared for him by John the baptizer.

The people Jesus came first for are the people who already belonged to God by faith.

They were prepared by John by having to repent of their sins.

The rest of the Jews who did not already have faith in God when Jesus came were cut off.

When Jesus died on the cross, then ALL PEOPLE from every nation and nationality could come to Jesus to be saved.

There is only one gospel.

heir

TOL Subscriber
If GT answers the question truthfully, the one gospel/same gospel lie that she has been telling herself and others flies out the window. That is why she refuses to answer this simple question.

Romans 1:1-4 (KJV)
1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV)

Do these say the exact same thing?

God's Truth

If GT answers the question truthfully, the one gospel/same gospel lie that she has been telling herself and others flies out the window. That is why she refuses to answer this simple question.

When Jesus had his earthly ministry, he preached the commands for the new covenant.

When Jesus shed his blood on the cross, he shed his blood for the new covenant.

Jesus came first for a people who were prepared for him by John the baptizer.

The people Jesus came first for are the people who already belonged to God by faith.

They were prepared by John by having to repent of their sins.

The rest of the Jews who did not already have faith in God when Jesus came were cut off.

When Jesus died on the cross, then ALL PEOPLE from every nation and nationality could come to Jesus to be saved.

There is only one gospel.

God's Truth

Paul, the minister of the NEW COVENANT QUOTED what JESUS SAID WHEN JESUS WALKED THE EARTH.

Romans 11:27
For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

1 Corinthians 11:25
In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

2 Corinthians 2:12
[ Ministers of the New Covenant ] Now when I went to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ and found that the Lord had opened a door for me,

2 Corinthians 3:6
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

2 Corinthians 3:7
[ The Greater Glory of the New Covenant ] Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was,

Galatians 3:15
[ The Law and the Promise ] Brothers and sisters, let me take an example from everyday life. Just as no one can set aside or add to a human covenant that has been duly established, so it is in this case.

Galatians 3:17
What I mean is this: The law, introduced 430 years later, does not set aside the covenant previously established by God and thus do away with the promise.

Galatians 4:24
These things are being taken figuratively: The women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar.