Obeying Jesus' teachings or commands is requirement for salvation.

God's Truth

Those having only faith in the WHO of Jesus Christ aren't saved because they have not trusted the WHY of the cross (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) which is the power of God (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV) unto every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV).

Your requirements for people to be saved today are more than God requires.

You have to ignore and deny the many scriptures that I gave you about repenting in order to say what you did.

turbosixx

I'm trying to understand why some NT books apply to Christians and some don't.

Who's ignoring it? Who was James written to? (James 1:1 KJV)

1:1 says 12 tribes and 2:1 says those who have faith in Lord Jesus Christ. How do you reconcile the two?

Me, I see it spiritually not physically because in Christ there are no Jews. Christians are spiritual Jews.
Phil. 3:3 For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit, rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh,
Gal. 3:29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants, heirs according to promise.
Col. 2:11 and in Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, in the removal of the body of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ;

Let’s say they were formerly Jews in the flesh. Can they be Jews in Christ? Is Christ divided?

There are three in the Bible.
Which church do you believe James is referring to?

Who is Peter writing to? To whom is Peter sent? How about Paul?
Peter is writing to Christians.
Peter to the Jews and Paul to the Gentiles, but is that all they preached to? If they preached exclusively to whom they were sent I might could see your point but Paul often went to the Jews.
Acts 18:1 Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where there was a synagogue of the Jews. 2 Then Paul, as his custom was, went in to them, and for three Sabbaths reasoned with them from the Scriptures,

The audience has no bearing on the gospel being preached.

Last edited:

turbosixx

Do you think it's wise to ignore who the Lord sent to us?

John 13:20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

It wouldn't be wise.

God's Truth

It doesn't say "confessed their sins". You added that to the word of God. Subtil is what you are!

Acts 13:10 And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?

Acts 19:18 Many of those who believed now came and openlyconfessed their evil deeds.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
What makes this the more offensive to us is that you disobey all His commands

His no.1. command is that we love the brethren, and because you actively hate the brethren God calls you a murderer like Cain

We PROVED it when you teamed up with jerzy to support Islam killing the Trins
You can't really stop, can you?

Somehow seeing actual verses and passages from Jesus's own teachings fail to register with you. I remember Meshak's earlier foray into the wealth of anti-poverty verses from Jesus. She got attacked and banned.

When you have to confront your own contradictions, then you folks start to pile on the poor women. Even to make fun of her hat in her picture!

Start taking Jesus seriously. You love to intone "believe, believe, believe" and yet not suffer the slightest urge to change your own behavior as Jesus has taught us. You would rather stand up and declare Jesus AS (Son of God, Messiah, Savior of the World, born of a virgin, etc.) rather than take his words at face value and stop trying to wiggle out of your own faith.

Just take Jesus at his word and stop trying to duck the issue--which is the Kingdom of God ON EARTH ("as it is in heaven").

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Acts 19 is about Paul.

There is only one gospel, and it was preached by Jesus when he walked the earth.

Christ was preaching to the lost sheep of the
House of Israel when He walked the earth.

The "Ascended Christ" gave the Grace Message to Paul in
order for Paul to take it to the Gentiles.

Your belief system is a total mess.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Faith alone is dead.
Galatians 2:16 KJV Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Galatians 3:2 KJV This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

heir

TOL Subscriber
There is only one gospel, and it was preached by Jesus when he walked the earth.
LOL

Romans 16:25-27 KJV

25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory

turbosixx

Galatians 2:16 KJV Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Galatians 3:2 KJV This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

He is talking about works of the law of Moses which cannot save.
Gal. 3:17 What I am saying is this: the Law, which came four hundred and thirty years later,

Acts 13:38 Therefore let it be known to you, brethren, that through this Man is preached to you the forgiveness of sins; 39 and by Him everyone who believes is justified from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Gal. 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed. 24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I'm trying to understand why some NT books apply to Christians and some don't.

1:1 says 12 tribes and 2:1 says those who have faith in Lord Jesus Christ. How do you reconcile the two?
James 1:1 KJV is who James is writing to. James 2:1 KJV does not say faith in, but the faith OF Jesus Christ.
Me, I see it spiritually not physically because in Christ there are no Jews.
In the Body of Christ there is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female.

Galatians 3:28 KJV There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

There is a distinction in the Lord's "My church" just as there was in Moses' church

Exodus 19:5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

3 John 1:7 Because that for his name's sake they went forth, taking nothing of the Gentiles.

Christians are spiritual Jews.
No. We are a new creature in Christ 2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV

Gal. 3:29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants, heirs according to promise.
We are not likened to those Gentiles, but these (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
Peter to the Jews and Paul to the Gentiles, but is that all they preached to? If they preached exclusively to whom they were sent I might could see your point but Paul often went to the Jews.
Acts 18:1 Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where there was a synagogue of the Jews. 2 Then Paul, as his custom was, went in to them, and for three Sabbaths reasoned with them from the Scriptures,

The audience has no bearing on the gospel being preached.
Peter never wrote to you. He was sent to one Gentile house (had to be told three times to go before he did because remember Peter was under the commanded of Matthew 10:5-6 KJV) and preached a gospel that is not the same as that which Paul preached. Notice the difference:

Acts 10:35 KJV

35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

vs.

Titus 3:5 KJV Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

The gospel of the circumcision was committed to Peter, not the gospel of the uncircumcision. That was committed to Paul (see also Galatians 1:11-12 KJV)

Galatians 2:7 KJV

7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

You can't make those two gospels the same just because the religious, denominational system wants you to (Colossians 2:8 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
My questions were posed to get you to search the scriptures. Paul was committed the dispensation of the gospel (1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV) and later the dispensation of the grace of God for you Gentiles (Ephesians 3:1-6 KJV that's us), not Peter, James or John. Peter, James and John suffered for their message, but not for the church, which is Christ's Body, the Body of Christ. Paul was the minister according to the dispensation of God given to him for us.

Colossians 1:23-25 KJV

23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

heir

TOL Subscriber
It wouldn't be wise.

Then follow Paul!

1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV
15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

beloved57

Then follow Paul!

1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV
15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

You dont follow Paul, how could you when you reject Pauls Gospel ?

nikolai_42

No.

Only for that scripture about Paul. I was showing how Paul was speaking of himself before he was saved because after he was saved good dwelled in him.

Paul was describing what a person without faith is like.

You won't receive the Holy Spirit unless you do good.

Jesus tells us what we have to do to be saved. He is the way.

So let me get this straight...You are saying that Romans 6 deals mainly with Paul's argument as an unbeliever - apart from God. Further, you are saying that until someone does good, they won't receive the Holy Spirit. In other words, the good comes first.

Reading Paul directly...

Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.
For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

Romans 6:13-19

How is it that the good can precede the Holy Spirit in one who clearly is unable to do good - and admits that inability?

God's Truth

Christ was preaching to the lost sheep of the
House of Israel when He walked the earth.

The "Ascended Christ" gave the Grace Message to Paul in
order for Paul to take it to the Gentiles.

Your belief system is a total mess.

You are a mess to think that Jesus the Savior of the world did not speak to the world.

God's Truth

The WORKS PAUL was speaking about is the ceremonial works people used to have to do.

The ceremonial works USED TO clean now faith in Jesus' blood cleans.

The ceremonial works did not mean no one had to obey, just as Jesus' blood does not mean we do not have to obey!!!!!!