Obeying Jesus' teachings or commands is requirement for salvation.

God's Truth

You do understand that believing is faith?

God gives each of us our measure of faith.

It must be supernatural, as yer ole natural self just caint grasp it.

Romans 12:3 KJV

3 For I say , through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think ; but to think soberly , according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Where does our faith come from? Our faith comes from HEARING the word, see Romans 10:17. From hearing the word and being TAUGHT, Colossians 1:5, 7. From continuing in what we have been CONVINCED of, see 2 Timothy 3:14, and being PERSUADED, 2 Corinthians 5:11.

God's Truth

So obedience takes away offences?

Of course, obeying the Word will take away our offences.

Isaiah 55:7
Let the wicked forsake their ways and the unrighteous their thoughts. Let them turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on them, and to our God, for he will freely pardon.

Isaiah 59:20
"The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins," declares the LORD.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Where does our faith come from? Our faith comes from HEARING the word, see Romans 10:17. From hearing the word and being TAUGHT, Colossians 1:5, 7. From continuing in what we have been CONVINCED of, see 2 Timothy 3:14, and being PERSUADED, 2 Corinthians 5:11.

If yer gonna quote those, don't forget to place this one before them.

1 Corinthians 2:4 KJV

4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

You deny the power of God and have never known his terror.

God's Truth

If yer gonna quote those, don't forget to place this one before them.

4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

You deny the power of God and have never known his terror.

You sound ignorant and unstable.

Please stop merely throwing out insults and lies about me.

nikolai_42

Paul believed and obeyed Jesus.

You are trying to twist the truth to defend one of your false teachers. You want to hang on to what you were taught, even if if means denying the truth.

Jesus appeared to Paul and that is what made Paul believe. Paul became an apostle and had to suffer much for it.

Paul had to believe and obey all on his own.

Paul himself says Christ was revealed IN him - not TO him. The difference is critical because being revealed in him made it a part of him. In other words, Paul WAS changed.

God's Truth

The message of the gospel is powerful, for it is the words of God.

Paul was an apostle and God testified to what he said by allowing him to do miraculous things.

Hebrews 2:4 God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and by gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.

Acts 14:3
So Paul and Barnabas spent considerable time there, speaking boldly for the Lord, who confirmed the message of his grace by enabling them to perform signs and wonders.

God's Truth

Paul himself says Christ was revealed IN him - not TO him. The difference is critical because being revealed in him made it a part of him. In other words, Paul WAS changed.

You are arguing about words that do not matter! You are arguing about the word 'in' and 'to'!

2 Timothy 2:14 Keep reminding God's people of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen.

Do not add to God's word. Nowhere anywhere in the Bible does it say God makes people believe and obey Him to make them His.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

So you reckon Solomon moved by the Holy Spirit is talkin' 'bout them things hangin' off yer noodle?

Proverbs 20:12 KJV

12 The hearing ear, and the seeing eye, the LORD hath made even both of them.

God's Truth

So you reckon Solomon moved by the Holy Spirit is talkin' 'bout them things hangin' off yer noodle?

Proverbs 20:12 KJV

12 The hearing ear, and the seeing eye, the LORD hath made even both of them.

We are made wise by reading AND obeying God's wise words.

Psalm 94:7They have said, "The LORD does not see, Nor does the God of Jacob pay heed." 8Pay heed, you senseless among the people; And when will you understand, stupid ones? 9He who planted the ear, does He not hear? He who formed the eye, does He not see?…

God's Truth

The Jesus I serve, by His Obedience alone I was made Righteous ! Rom 5:19 I did not do anything but be a sinner !

Jesus obeyed God and remained in His love that is why we have someone to be saved through.

Jesus says if you want to remain in his love you have to obey him.

John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Paul believed and obeyed Jesus.

You are trying to twist the truth to defend one of your false teachers. You want to hang on to what you were taught, even if if means denying the truth.

Jesus appeared to Paul and that is what made Paul believe. Paul became an apostle and had to suffer much for it.

Paul had to believe and obey all on his own.

Paul was sent to the Gentiles with the "Grace Message."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jesus obeyed God and remained in His love that is why we have someone to be saved through.

Jesus says if you want to remain in his love you have to obey him.

John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

The book of John was written to the House of Israel. Not to the Gentiles.
You're a "false teacher."

nikolai_42

You are arguing about words that do not matter! You are arguing about the word 'in' and 'to'!

Which words in scripture "matter"? Does it matter whether God put it in Pharaoh's heart not to let Israel go (Exodus 4:21) or whether He simply told Pharaoh not to do it? Is there no difference whether the directive was internal or external?

In Jeremiah 31:33 we read that God will put His Law in the hearts of Israel. But hadn't He already revealed it TO them via Moses? Surely the distinction is critical here.

And just as you make an "unscriptural" (in your words) conclusion - not using the very words of scripture - when you conclude that God does not change our heart supernaturally but our obedience does - I'm observing the scripture's details about Paul's conversion. Should I ignore those details because you don't accept my conclusion?

2 Timothy 2:14 Keep reminding God's people of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen.

Do not add to God's word. Nowhere anywhere in the Bible does it say God makes people believe and obey Him to make them His.

And that's not what I'm saying either.