Obeying Jesus' teachings or commands is requirement for salvation.

beloved57

We are not saved by them but we are not saved without them.

I'm not seeing where it says "without works".

The next verse says we should do good works.
10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

No where does it say without.

A Person Christ died for is saved while in a state of dead works and unbelief, while they are enemies Rom 5:10 !

lifeisgood

We are not saved by them but we are not saved without them.

I'm not seeing where it says "without works".

The next verse says we should do good works.
10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

No where does it say without.

We are not saved by works that we do as salvation is totally, exclusively of God.
There is absolutely nothing we can bring to be saved.

AFTER Jesus saves us, then we do the good works that God has prepared for us to do. We better do the good works God has prepared for His children to do. That's how we prove that He has saved us.

We cannot jump to step #2 (do good works) if step #1 (Jesus saving us) has not happened yet.

God is a God of order.
First He has to save us, THEN.....

God's Truth

We are not saved by works that we do as salvation is totally, exclusively of God.
There is absolutely nothing we can bring to be saved.

AFTER Jesus saves us, then we do the good works that God has prepared for us to do. We better do the good works God has prepared for His children to do. That's how we prove that He has saved us.

We cannot jump to step #2 (do good works) if step #1 (Jesus saving us) has not happened yet.

God is a God of order.
First He has to save us, THEN.....

Jesus saves us ALL ON HIS OWN.

Jesus CHOOSES whom he will save.

And JESUS CHOOSES those who OBEY.

See John 14:23, Acts 5:32, and many others.

You cannot put one scripture aside.

God's Truth

But you said in post #707

All have to obey Jesus to be saved.
Therefore, Jesus the Christ SAVED Saul the UNbeliever when Saul the UNbeliever was still Jesus the Christ's enemy.

It was NOT enough that Paul BELIEVED in Jesus. Paul’s testimony about his salvation on the road to Damascus proves that, because when Paul did believe in Jesus---Paul still had to do what Jesus said to do, Paul had to go where Jesus said to go, and he was still blind and couldn’t eat or drink anything, Paul still was praying. Saul had to do what Jesus said to do. Saul still had to get up and have his sins washed away and call on Jesus’ name.

Saul the UNbeliever DID NOT OBEY Jesus the Christ TO BE SAVED as per YOUR own assertion. Permit Jesus the Christ to save you as He did with Saul and you will know why Saul became

You are so close and I hope you catch your error. Saul the Unbeliever did not obey Jesus to be saved. I did not ever say Saul obeyed as an unbeliever, yet he still could have obeyed as an unbeliever!

Paul’s testimony of when he was saved PROVES you are wrong about how to be saved, for when Paul did believe in Jesus, he was NOT yet saved, and he had to do what Jesus said.

But

Per your own assertion, Saul DID NOT OBEY Jesus the Christ TO BE SAVED, which is correct.
Saul DID OBEY Jesus to be saved! Paul did what Jesus said to do!
But
AFTER Saul was SAVED, Jesus the Christ told him to enter the city and someone (because Paul did not know who) was coming to tell him what was the next step Jesus the Christ wanted Paul to take. So, Paul OBEYED Jesus the Christ AFTER being SAVED by Jesus the Christ and entered the city OBEYING Jesus the Christ and waited for the instructions.

God does everything in an orderly manner.

Saul was NOT saved the moment he believed in Jesus, for Paul was still blind, and Paul was still distraught with praying and fasting.
Paul still had to have his sins washed away and call on Jesus’ name.

beloved57

It was NOT enough that Paul BELIEVED in Jesus. Paul’s testimony about his salvation on the road to Damascus proves that, because when Paul did believe in Jesus---Paul still was blind and couldn’t eat or drink anything, Paul still was praying. Saul had to do what Jesus said to do. Saul still had to get up and have his sins washed away and call on Jesus’ name.

You are so close and I hope you catch your error. Saul the Unbeliever did not obey Jesus to be saved. I did not ever say Saul obeyed as an unbeliever, yet he still could have obeyed as an unbeliever!

Paul’s testimony of when he was saved PROVES you are wrong about how to be saved, for when Paul did believe in Jesus, he was NOT yet saved, and he had to do what Jesus said.

Saul was NOT saved the moment he believed in Jesus, for Paul was still blind, and Paul was still distraught with praying and fasting.

I have to reject your religion, because in mine, All for whom Christ Lived and died for, His Obedience of One, made them Righteous, Saved them Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

God's Truth

I have to reject your religion, because in mine, All for whom Christ Lived and died for, His Obedience of One, made them Righteous, Saved them Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

You misuse God's Word to support the teachings of John Calvin.

Jesus chooses whom he gives the Holy Spirit, and he chooses those who obey his teachings.

See John 14:23, Acts 5:32, John 8:31, and many more.

beloved57

You misuse God's Word to support the teachings of John Calvin.

Jesus chooses whom he gives the Holy Spirit, and he chooses those who obey his teachings.

See John 14:23, Acts 5:32, John 8:31, and many more.
None of those scriptures deny Rom 5:19 !

lifeisgood

Yes, for TO BE SAVED is ALL of Him and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING of you.

UNEQUIVOCALLY WRONG!

Jesus CHOOSES those who ARE NOT OBEYING Him so that He can SAVE them so they can obey Him.

Saul definitely WAS NOT OBEYING Jesus by murdering His children, maybe in your book Saul was obeying Jesus by murdering God's children and that is why Jesus saved Saul.

You still ARE NOT DOING the good works that God has prepared for you to enter into.

Permit the Lord to save you, then, you will be able to do His good works prepared specifically for you to do.

lifeisgood

Unequivocally wrong!
Even YOU have not OBEYED Him yet.

It was NOT enough that Paul BELIEVED in Jesus. Paul’s testimony about his salvation on the road to Damascus proves that, because when Paul did believe in Jesus---Paul still had to do what Jesus said to do, Paul had to go where Jesus said to go, and he was still blind and couldn’t eat or drink anything, Paul still was praying. Saul had to do what Jesus said to do. Saul still had to get up and have his sins washed away and call on Jesus’ name.

Paul OBEYED Jesus by entering in the city BECAUSE Jesus had saved him by throwing him off his high horse.

You are so close and I hope you catch your error. Saul the Unbeliever did not obey Jesus to be saved. I did not ever say Saul obeyed as an unbeliever, yet he still could have obeyed as an unbeliever![/QUOTE

Paul OBEYED Jesus the Christ BECAUSE he had been saved and Saul knew it.

Permit the Lord to SAVE YOU and will know also.

God's Truth

Jesus does NOT just save anybody. Jesus saves those he is pleased to save, and those are the people who fear God and do what is right. See Acts 10:35.

Jesus saves those who obey him, see Acts 5:32, for they are his mother and brothers and sisters, Luke 8:21, those are his family, see John 14:23, those are his friends, John 15:14.

UNEQUIVOCALLY WRONG!

Jesus CHOOSES those who ARE NOT OBEYING Him so that He can SAVE them so they can obey Him.
You have to go against God Himself to keep preaching that.

You have to go against all those scriptures I posted for you.

Saul definitely WAS NOT OBEYING Jesus by murdering His children, maybe in your book Saul was obeying Jesus by murdering God's children and that is why Jesus saved Saul.
That is what YOU are saying.

I say Paul had to obey by going where Jesus said to go, and after Paul did not eat or drink, and after he prayed. Paul had to have his sins washed away and call on Jesus’ name.

Think about it harder, you are running around attacking those who preach obedience to Christ. Who but the devil would be behind that?

You still ARE NOT DOING the good works that God has prepared for you to enter into.

Permit the Lord to save you, then, you will be able to do His good works prepared specifically for you to do.
I believed in God and Jesus my whole life, but Jesus did not save me until I obeyed him.

God's Truth

Unequivocally wrong!
Even YOU have not OBEYED Him yet.

Paul OBEYED Jesus by entering in the city BECAUSE Jesus had saved him by throwing him off his high horse.

Paul OBEYED Jesus the Christ BECAUSE he had been saved and Saul knew it.

Permit the Lord to SAVE YOU and will know also.

All must humble themselves before they are saved. That is when we obey Jesus and become as little children and admit we are sinners and repent of them and forgive others for their sins and call on Jesus to help us.

That is obeying HIS WORD.

Matthew 18:3 And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

beloved57

Nothing you have stated it scriptural, those Christ lived and died for are made righteous Rom 5:19 !

lifeisgood

All must humble themselves before they are saved.

Why don't you follow your own advice and permit the Lord to save you, for you cannot bring anything to the table to be saved.

That is when we obey Jesus and become as little children and admit we are sinners and repent of them and forgive others for their sins and call on Jesus to help us.

That is obeying HIS WORD.

Matthew 18:3 And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

God is a God of order.

First permit Him to SAVE you because you are tired and heavy laden.
THEN, and only THEN, can you KNOW how He wants you to OBEY Him.

As it stands right now, you have NEVER obeyed Him yet.

You preach that you have saved yourself.

It does NOT work YOUR way; for Salvation IS ALL ABOUT HIM and nothing, absolutely nothing, about you.

God's Truth

Why don't you follow your own advice and permit the Lord to save you, for you cannot bring anything to the table to be saved.

God is a God of order.

First permit Him to SAVE you because you are tired and heavy laden.
THEN, and only THEN, can you KNOW how He wants you to OBEY Him.

Jesus offers rest to the Jews who had to do the many CEREMONIAL works just to make themselves clean just so they could go to the temple to worship God, where His Spirit was.

Jesus is NOT giving us rest from obeying him.

Jesus is NOT giving us rest from doing right.

Jesus is not giving us rest from being faithful.

Jesus did not die so that we do not have to obey him anymore.

Jesus' words are full of Spirit and life.

You do not get that life...you do not get that life...you do not get that life unless you obey his word.

lifeisgood

Jesus does NOT just save anybody. Jesus saves those he is pleased to save, and those are the people who fear God and do what is right. See Acts 10:35.

Jesus ONLY SAVES unsaved people who BELIEVE in Him and what He did at the Cross of Calvary EXCLUSIVELY.

You think you have SAVED YOURSELF by obeying who knows whom.

Jesus saves those who obey him, see Acts 5:32, for they are his mother and brothers and sisters, Luke 8:21, those are his family, see John 14:23, those are his friends, John 15:14. .

Jesus ONLY SAVES unsaved people who BELIEVE in Him and what He did at the Cross of Calvary EXCLUSIVELY.

You have to go against God Himself to keep preaching that.

You have to go against all those scriptures I posted for you. .

You think you have SAVED YOURSELF by obeying who knows whom. .

That is what YOU are saying.

I say Paul had to obey by going where Jesus said to go, and after Paul did not eat or drink, and after he prayed. Paul had to have his sins washed away and call on Jesus’ name.

Think about it harder, you are running around attacking those who preach obedience to Christ. Who but the devil would be behind that?

YOU are saying that Paul was OBEYING Jesus by MURDERING God’s children and that is why Jesus saved him. That is what YOU are saying.

I believed in God and Jesus my whole life, but Jesus did not save me until I obeyed him.

You, gt, have NEVER OBEYED Him in the least yet.

You think that YOU have SAVED YOURSELF by obeying who knows whom.

I pray that one day you will permit the Lord to save you and then you will say like Saul, "Lord how do I obey you?" "What shall I do, Lord?" (Acts 22:10)

lifeisgood

Jesus offers rest to the Jews who had to do the many CEREMONIAL works just to make themselves clean just so they could go to the temple to worship God, where His Spirit was.

Jesus is NOT giving us rest from obeying him.

Jesus is NOT giving us rest from doing right.

Jesus is not giving us rest from being faithful.

Jesus did not die so that we do not have to obey him anymore.

Jesus' words are full of Spirit and life.

You do not get that life...you do not get that life...you do not get that life unless you obey his word.

So, you have REJECTED His rest. Got it.

lifeisgood

Jesus the Christ HAS ALREADY done everything to SAVE YOU, meshak.

The only OBEYING meshak can do is BELIEVE that He has done it all already.

You have been taught to: DO, DO, DO.
Jesus the Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary say: DONE, DONE, DONE.

The only OBEYING meshak can do is BELIEVE that He did it all already to save meshak and that you cannot bring anything to the table to be saved.

God's Truth

Do you think you are above James and Peter?
Peter says people misunderstand Paul, and then he warns us to obey. See 2 Peter 3:16, and 17.

James says your faith is dead if not with right actions.
You think your dead faith is the most important faith ever known, but you are wrong because it is dead. Dead. Dead. Dead.

James 2:17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
James tells us faith alone cannot save a man. See James 2:14.

I did what the Way said to do.
You are not going to get anywhere just by believing how to get there, you have to actually do to get there.

YOU are saying that Paul was OBEYING Jesus by MURDERING God’s children and that is why Jesus saved him. That is what YOU are saying.
You are lying about me and bearing false witness. From whom do you think that comes?