ECT No one was "looking forward to the cross"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodge

Didn't the angel pretty much just announce what God already intended to do, then did?

Haven't followed along to much.

Maybe some responding has never read:

Luk 1:38
And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.

musterion

Haven't followed along to much.

Maybe some responding has never read:

Luk 1:38
And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.

They have noted that. They say it shows her giving permission, without which it would not have taken place. I disagree.

glorydaz

Huh.

If Mary had said, "NO," do you believe that the Holy Spirit would have gone right ahead anyway and impregnated her?

This really shouldn't be such a tough one, really.

It isn't a tough one. And Mary obviously consented. That is in the gospel of Luke for a reason....for good reason I submit. That no one would be able to charge God with pushing Himself onto anyone. He doesn't save us against our will and He certainly wouldn't impregnate Mary against her will.

Of course God knew her heart, but that doesn't change what you are defending against. The false witness of God's Untruth and Nang. :thumb:

musterion

Is this really you, Musty?

Are you saying that if Mary wasn't willing God would have used her anyway?:doh:

Like you said earlier, I'm just going by how I read the Text. The first thing out of the angel's mouth was to tell Mary what WILL happen. I don't see a question mark at any point in the angel's address. That's all I know.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Like you said earlier, I'm just going by how I read the Text. The first thing out of the angel's mouth was to tell Mary what WILL happen. I don't see a question mark at any point in the angel's address. That's all I know.
That's not all you know. You also know what it is if a man puts a baby into a lady without her consent, compliance, permission, and against her, "NO." You know that also.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
There you go, TOL audience, further delineiating the difference between one who studies, intently, the details of this great book, the great, humble, saint(memorize that) John W., and one who studies what others say the bible teaches, and her "the" church "Statement Of Faith"(SOF), namely, Nag.

No, absolutely clueless Nag, as only sinners, need a High Priest. Believers have an advocate, not High Priest. Of course, since you are lost, you do need a High Priest.

Study it out, and quit embarrassing yourself, by taking me on, "uno a uno," which results in you slumped, bloodied, on the mat, in the middle of the ring, as the crowd jeers you.

Read it-talking to believers-"my little children"-"we"(including the writer John)-transdispensational principle...

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Details...."connecting the dots"....

John 13:33 KJV

Little children, yet a little while I am with you. Ye shall seek me: and as I said unto the Jews, Whither I go, ye cannot come; so now I say to you.

The writer? John, to whom the Lord Jesus Christ gave charge of His mother, per John 19:25-28 KJV.

="little children"=a term of affection, employed by the Lord Jesus Christ, including "the little flock"-Luke 12:32 KJV,...

Mt. 12 KJV

47 Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.48 But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?49 And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Thus, John "takes hold," "adopts" the Lord's spiritual family, the "born again" little children....

1 Peter 1 KJV

3 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Again...1 John 2:1 KJV

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

A parent first teaches his child to "sin not."

These are not lost people, sinners, for...

...we have an advocate with the Father,...

It does not say "High Priest"-it says "advocate."

Sinners need a Saviour, a High Priest, not an advocate. The Lord Jesus Christ is only an advocate for God the Father's children, whether it be the believing remnant, the little flock, of the nation Israel, or the boc.

Members of the boc haved access, are reconciled, having no need for a High Priest, having access..

Romans 5:2 KJV By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Ephesians 2:18 KJV For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Ephesians 3:12 KJV In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

No need for this....

Hebrews 2:17 KJV Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Hebrews 9:25 KJV Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;

Read it-the High Priest(year after year, before the Saviour came), made "reconciliation for the sins of the people."

The Lord Jesus Christ, with/in finality, took care of the sin/sins issue. Believers should assert, as I do to you:

What sin/sins?

Christ died for them..........................every last one of them.

Now, who is exalting the Saviour, glorifying the LORD God, the Lord Jesus Christ-me, or gainsayers, such as yourself, that assert the sin/sins issue remains? Rhetorical q.

QED.

Let the applause, admiration, commence...

John,

Your filthy commentary nullifies everything you say.

glorydaz

She consented, or complied?

She consented. She complied. She agreed. She was blessed. She was excited and ran to share the news with her cousin, Elizabeth. She certainly wasn't impregnated against her will.

Luke 1:46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,

Luke 1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

Luke 1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

Luke 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.​

Mary was fully persuaded by what the angel told her....that she had found favour with God, and was about to be blessed among women.

Luke 1:38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.​

meshak

BANNED
Banned
That's not all you know. You also know what it is if a man puts a baby into a lady without her consent, compliance, permission, and against her, "NO." You know that also.

You have learned how to talk MASs way very well. And it is not a good thing if you claim to know God.

dodge

1st: it was not a man it was the Holy Spirit. I would be very careful before I inferred or implied that God
would have acted inappropriately "IF" . Can the judge of all the earth do wrong ? NO !

It is over ! Jesus was born , lived, sacrificed, resurrected and ascended so it is a moot point.

Status
Not open for further replies.