ECT No one was "looking forward to the cross"

Status
Not open for further replies.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Bang is too much on the God does it all side and GDukes is too much on the man does it all side. One great big happy black family. :)

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Reactions: Lon

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Nonsense and that verse doesn't say it. You're confusing the Gift of the Spirit with our believing unto salvation. We access the grace of God through faith in order to receive the gift of salvation. That's why believing is what saves us. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved.

This is really quite simple...if you don't get hung up on your doctrine.

"Believing" is not the cause of salvation. "Believing" is evidence of salvation. Which is worked by the power of the Holy Spirit, alone.

For faith to believe is caused by the grace of God; it is His gift that does not emanate from sinners at all (lest they boast about their ability and choice to believe.)

Regeneration to new spiritual capacity to believe God, is nothing less than the resurrection power of God that raises the dead to life.

Dead men cannot believe or do anything on their own, but remain dead.

God's Truth

I can hardly stomach the idea of God impregnating a woman against her will. You're accusing God of rape.:jawdrop:

You would go there.

What don't you get that Mary was a servant of God?

The angel was telling Mary what would happen to her.

The angel was not there to ask her for her permission.

The angel was there telling her that God found favor with her and the great thing that was going to happen to her.

glorydaz

You would go there.

What don't you get that Mary was a servant of God?

The angel was telling Mary what would happen to her.

The angel was not there to ask her for her permission.

The angel was there telling her that God found favor with her and the great thing that was going to happen to her.

You're the one that doesn't get it. That's why you keep trying to go off in some other direction when you've been proven wrong. You said Mary did not give her permission, and the scripture clearly shows she did just that. So, yes, I do go there. If it had been the way you insist, God could be accused of rape. Down through the ages, He has not been....because the scripture makes it clear Mary gave her permission...her assent.....her acceptance of God's will.

And you have the gall to say God would never seek permission from man? He has allowed man to resist Him from the beginning of time.

Matthew 23:37
O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!​

God's Truth

You're the one that doesn't get it. That's why you keep trying to go off in some other direction when you've been proven wrong. You said Mary did not give her permission, and the scripture clearly shows she did just that. So, yes, I do go there. If it had been the way you insist, God could be accused of rape. Down through the ages, He has not been....because the scripture makes it clear Mary gave her permission...her assent.....her acceptance of God's will.

And you have the gall to say God would never seek permission from man? He has allowed man to resist Him from the beginning of time.

Matthew 23:37
O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!​

What don't you get that God did not ask Mary for her permission?

What don't you get that Mary was already a servant of God?

What don't you get about the angel coming to tell Mary the great thing God has chosen her for?

What don't you get that those scriptures you give for your false claim that Mary gave God PERMISSION is not supportive?

Those scriptures are about God telling us that He will not give to us UNLESS WE do what He says!

Who would think that Mary had to give God permission before He could cause her to be with child?

Who would think that except maybe you.

john w

Hall of Fame
Such a grandiose imagination . . Kinda like a Napeoleon without a horse.

The TOL audience laughs at your snort, whimper, as I methodically picked you apart, reducing you to stock cliches/sound bytes, as the foolish "woman" is scrambling to her church SOF, looking for an "answer" to my brilliance. She will not survey the book....

Keep embarrassing yourself. Stay down....

God's Truth

If it had been the way you insist, God could be accused of rape.

Did God have to get permission from Joseph too?

According to Glorydaze's reasoning, God took a married man's woman!!!!!!And without that man's permission! LOL

Matthew 1:19 Because Joseph her husband, a righteous man, was unwilling to disgrace her publicly, he resolved to divorce her quietly. 20 But after he had pondered these things, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife, for the One conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned

According to Glorydaze's reasoning, God took a married man's woman!!!!!!
What's it called when a man impregnates a lady against her will, right in the face of her, "NO?"

What word am I thinking of.

It'll come to me.

glorydaz

"Believing" is not the cause of salvation. "Believing" is evidence of salvation. Which is worked by the power of the Holy Spirit, alone.

Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and ye shall be saved.

Looks like believing comes first, Nang.

For faith to believe is caused by the grace of God; it is His gift that does not emanate from sinners at all (lest they boast about their ability and choice to believe.)

NOPE, we access the grace of God through faith (believing). Romans 5:2

Regeneration to new spiritual capacity to believe God, is nothing less than the resurrection power of God that raises the dead to life.

Being a "dead man" means we are condemned to death....still alive, still able to hear the Gospel.

Psalm 119:50 This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me.​

You trust....after ye heard the word of truth....the gospel...after that you believed and were sealed. That's the order, Nang, but you refuse to read things in order.

Eph. 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,​

john w

Hall of Fame

Here is the order, you Clavinist/Calvinist fraud/poser:

Eph. 1 KJV

12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

-heard
-believed
-trusted
-sealed

vs. Calvinism

-"zapped" into being able to hear,believe...

......and the rest is quite irrelevant, and the Calvinist "god" is a moron for even including half of the verses in the book, imploring/urging belief...

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Here is the order, you Clavinist/Calvinist fraud/poser:

Eph. 1 KJV

12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

-heard
-believed
-trusted
-sealed

vs. Calvinism

-"zapped" into being able to hear,believe...

......and the rest is quite irrelevant, and the Calvinist "god" is a moron for even including half of the verses in the book, imploring/urging belief...

Dead men cannot hear.

God must first resurrect (regenerate) the dead to new life . . change their sinful hearts, give them spiritual comprehension (ears and eyes) into Truth, and renew their minds . . in order for them to hear, believe, trust the Gospel message, and thereby be guaranteed everlasting life.

(Have another one . . and further expose yourself, Johnny.)

glorydaz

According to Glorydaze's reasoning, God took a married man's woman!!!!!!And without that man's permission! LOL

I prefer to go by what the scripture actually says. It takes no speculation to say that Mary gave her consent. It's you that likes to imagine all kinds of other nonsense in order to explain away your previous mistake.

God's Truth

I prefer to go by what the scripture actually says. It takes no speculation to say that Mary gave her consent. It's you that likes to imagine all kinds of other nonsense in order to explain away your previous mistake.

Tell me what it is called when God takes a married man's woman and impregnates her, you know, according to what YOU SAY.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and ye shall be saved.

Looks like believing comes first, Nang.

Nope.

we access the grace of God through faith (believing). Romans 5:2

Nope. Justification is the basis for grace AND faith.

Being a "dead man" means we are condemned to death

Yep.

....still alive, still able to hear the Gospel.

Dead men are not "still alive."

Psalm 119:50 This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me.​

"Thy Word" being equivalent to the "Holy Spirit" who alone quickens the dead to new spiritual life.

Eph. 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,​

The miracle of regeneration by the Holy Spirit precedes all this resultant order.

Get with it, missy . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.