ECT No one was "looking forward to the cross"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Is God a mere man?! Unbelievable...
It is unbelievable that anybody would agree with that the Holy Spirit would go right ahead and put a baby into Mary's womb without her consent, and in fact, against her will if she had declined. That is unbelievable.

glorydaz

Dead men cannot hear.

God must first resurrect (regenerate) the dead to new life . . change their sinful hearts, give them spiritual comprehension (ears and eyes) into Truth, and renew their minds . . in order for them to hear, believe, trust the Gospel message, and thereby be guaranteed everlasting life.

(Have another one . . and further expose yourself, Johnny.)

Gosh....dead men walking. That's exactly what they call those guys on death row.

No man is so dead he can't sin, and no man is so dead he can't hear the word of God.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Translation: Christ did not die for our sins.

Once again, this perverter of the gospel of Christ is exposed.

Quit stealing others' mail, you vile perverter.

You have confessed all of your sins, have you, Endora?

Save it-it's a rhetorical q-you commit sins, that you don't even know that you are committing, and can't confess the sins you committed 7 days ago, much less 7, 70 years ago.

Had any bad thoughts today?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1LsiG3mG2k&t=37s

Nang

TOL Subscriber
What's it called when a man impregnates a lady against her will, right in the face of her, "NO?"

What word am I thinking of.

It'll come to me.

Crude.

And blatant attempt to bring God down to a human level; robbing Him of His purity, holiness and sovereignty.

This is one of the most shameful threads I have ever seen permitted on TOL!

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Gosh....dead men walking. That's exactly what they call those guys on death row.

No man is so dead he can't sin, and no man is so dead he can't hear the word of God.

This is total contradiction of the necessity of God sacrificing His Son.

This is total denial of the teaching of Holy Scripture.

You are posting like a dead woman walking.

May God have mercy upon your unbelieving heart and unseeing eyes and deaf ears.

glorydaz

This is total contradiction of the necessity of God sacrificing His Son.

This is total denial of the teaching of Holy Scripture.

You are posting like a dead woman walking.

May God have mercy upon your unbelieving heart and unseeing eyes and deaf ears.

:mock: Nang

glorydaz

Crude.

And blatant attempt to bring God down to a human level; robbing Him of His purity, holiness and sovereignty.

This is one of the most shameful threads I have ever seen permitted on TOL!

That's right...it's so much better to have your Sovereign God impregnating someone against their will. And, you have Him saving men against their will, too, so I don't see why you're so offended. :chew:

glorydaz

You not only show yourself vile to GT, but you blaspheme the sovereignty of God.

No creature on this earth, including Mary, could have prevented God the Son from assuming human flesh in the womb of woman, in order to redeem His people, as covenanted in the Godhead from eternity.

This is the lie your doctrine perpetrates...that God would have gone against Mary's will in order to be born of woman. Your idea of God's sovereignty makes God into an uncaring puppet master in the sky. What a horrible lie you attempt to perpetrate on those who read your tripe. :nono:

This kind of garbage should not be allowed on the world wide web.

Ban Nang from this thread, oh great jet fighter in the sky. :banned:

glorydaz

Tell me what it is called when God takes a married man's woman and impregnates her, you know, according to what YOU SAY.

I don't need, nor do I have any desire, to add to the scripture to make the story interesting. I know that is your greatest work...adding and twisting scripture, but I can't want to do it.

I notice the angel struck Zacharias dumb when he didn't believe his prayer had been answered. And, that child was an answer to prayer. It wasn't forced on Elizabeth. Or are you going to claim it would have been if necessary?

Luke 1:18-20 And Zacharias said unto the angel, Whereby shall I know this? for I am an old man, and my wife well stricken in years. And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God; and am sent to speak unto thee, and to shew thee these glad tidings. And, behold, thou shalt be dumb, and not able to speak, until the day that these things shall be performed, because thou believest not my words, which shall be fulfilled in their season.​

musterion

Huh.

If Mary had said, "NO," do you believe that the Holy Spirit would have gone right ahead anyway and impregnated her?

This really shouldn't be such a tough one, really.

For your next trick, quantify the number of angels doing the Locomotion on the head of a pin, why don't you.

You are speculating about something that's impossible to speculate about because it didn't happen, and in any case is irrelevant. The Text says what it says and doesn't say what it doesn't say.

glorydaz

Didn't the angel pretty much just announce what God already intended to do, then did?

She accepted what the angel said, but that was pretty much that.

Nope, read Luke. The angel explained what would happen, and Mary asked how that was possible, and then she said, "Be it unto me according to thy word." That is giving permission.

Luke 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Luke 1:36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.

Luke 1:37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.

Luke 1:38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.​

musterion

Nope, read Luke. The angel explained what would happen, and Mary asked how that was possible, and then she said, "Be it unto me according to thy word." That is giving permission.
Luke 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Luke 1:36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.

Luke 1:37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.

Luke 1:38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.​

Where you see her giving permission, I see her humble compliance with being blessed with the prophetic will of the God of Israel.

I'm happy to agree to disagree on this if you are.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
For your next trick, quantify the number of angels doing the Locomotion on the head of a pin, why don't you.

You are speculating about something that's impossible to speculate about because it didn't happen, and in any case is irrelevant. The Text says what it says and doesn't say what it doesn't say.
It makes sense that the dishonest GT rebels against that Mary had any free will in the birth of the Savior, because GT tries to distance themselves from the Catholic Church in ways that are downright contortionistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.