ECT No one was "looking forward to the cross"

Status
Not open for further replies.

musterion

1st: it was not a man it was the Holy Spirit. I would be very careful before I inferred or implied that God
would have acted inappropriately "IF" . Can the judge of all the earth do wrong ? NO !

It is over ! Jesus was born , lived, sacrificed, resurrected and ascended so it is a moot point.

Pretty much agree.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
1st: it was not a man it was the Holy Spirit. I would be very careful before I inferred or implied that God
would have acted inappropriately "IF" . Can the judge of all the earth do wrong ? NO !
I wasn't the one doing that, son!

Danoh

Where you see her giving permission, I see her humble compliance with being blessed with the prophetic will of the God of Israel.

I'm happy to agree to disagree on this if you are.

Yep.

And the Son would often demonstrate compliance with the Father's will...

Luke 2:49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?

Matthew 26:39 And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

Hebrews 10:7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

glorydaz

If the Blessed Virgin hadn't agreed to the Angel's proposal (Lk1:38KJV), then she wouldn't have given birth to the Savior. Agreed?

Again, prove with scripture that Mary agreed BEFORE she was told she would be with child.

You said she had to agree or what?

She was told she would be with CHILD and did not first consent.

You're suggesting, you snake, that Luke 1:31 (KJV) would have happened to her, even if she did not consent (Lk1:38KJV)? You filthy, filthy rat.

I am glad that a righteous person has reported your abusive language.

As for Mary giving God consent...UNBELIEVABLE! How do you ever get that one would need to give God consent to do anything?

So it's Jerry's fault.

Hmfp.

Yeah....Jerry started it. :chuckle:

And God's Untruth turned it into a defense of Calvinism....where God has no regard for man's free will. He's the big chess master in the sky doing with man whatever He so desires. Course we have to forget His desire that all men be saved, and go straight to man is incapable of believing or resisting God.

musterion

Yep.

And the Son would often demonstrate compliance with the Father's will...

Luke 2:49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?

Matthew 26:39 And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

Hebrews 10:7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

Also good points.

musterion

Yeah....Jerry started it. :chuckle:

And God's Untruth turned it into a defense of Calvinism....where God has no regard for man's free will. He's the big chess master in the sky doing with man whatever He so desires. Course we have to forget His desire that all men be saved, and go straight to man is incapable of believing or resisting God.

I need to go to bed but I take on a very very very very microscopically narrow version of quasi-Calvinism ONLY when it comes to God's dealing with Israel (back when he was dealing with Israel). He OWNED them. He did as He willed. I see Saul/Paul as maybe the best example of this: God had determined what He was going to use Saul for, and did it. Same with Mary. Just how I view it, could be wrong.

glorydaz

Where you see her giving permission, I see her humble compliance with being blessed with the prophetic will of the God of Israel.

I'm happy to agree to disagree on this if you are.

I see them as the same thing. It wouldn't have been done if she hadn't agreed.

The point was that GT and Nang claimed God would have done it without her consent. And that is really what this is all about.

Just as Christ wouldn't have been crucified had He not agreed. Willingness is a big priority with God.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I need to go to bed but I take on a very very very very microscopically narrow version of quasi-Calvinism ONLY when it comes to God's dealing with Israel (back when he was dealing with Israel). He OWNED them. He did as He willed. I see Saul/Paul as maybe the best example of this: God had determined what He was going to use Saul for, and did it. Same with Mary. Just how I view it, could be wrong.
I think that Glory addressed what happened quite well in saying:
...God knew her heart...
Which He did, as He also knew Saul/Paul (Gal1:15KJV).

glorydaz

I think that Glory addressed what happened quite well in saying:
Which He did, as He also knew Saul/Paul (Gal1:15KJV).

Yes, as He did David's....while he was but a ruddy youth.

1 Samuel 16:7-12 But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.

8 Then Jesse called Abinadab, and made him pass before Samuel. And he said, Neither hath the Lord chosen this.

9 Then Jesse made Shammah to pass by. And he said, Neither hath the Lord chosen this.

10 Again, Jesse made seven of his sons to pass before Samuel. And Samuel said unto Jesse, The Lord hath not chosen these.

11 And Samuel said unto Jesse, Are here all thy children? And he said, There remaineth yet the youngest, and, behold, he keepeth the sheep. And Samuel said unto Jesse, Send and fetch him: for we will not sit down till he come hither.

12 And he sent, and brought him in. Now he was ruddy, and withal of a beautiful countenance, and goodly to look to. And the Lord said, Arise, anoint him: for this is he.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Yes, as He did David's....while he was but a ruddy youth.
1 Samuel 16:7-12 But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.

8 Then Jesse called Abinadab, and made him pass before Samuel. And he said, Neither hath the Lord chosen this.

9 Then Jesse made Shammah to pass by. And he said, Neither hath the Lord chosen this.

10 Again, Jesse made seven of his sons to pass before Samuel. And Samuel said unto Jesse, The Lord hath not chosen these.

11 And Samuel said unto Jesse, Are here all thy children? And he said, There remaineth yet the youngest, and, behold, he keepeth the sheep. And Samuel said unto Jesse, Send and fetch him: for we will not sit down till he come hither.

12 And he sent, and brought him in. Now he was ruddy, and withal of a beautiful countenance, and goodly to look to. And the Lord said, Arise, anoint him: for this is he.
:thumb: Acts 13:22 (KJV)
" . . . David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart . . . "

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I see them as the same thing. It wouldn't have been done if she hadn't agreed.

You are claiming that Jesus Christ would have not incarnated if Mary had not willed it be so.

Mary's will dictated the will of God being done or not?

NOT!

Mary's consent was not required . . but God had prepared Mary to be a faithful and consenting vessel to His will, before this miraculous event occurred.

You suggest pure blasphemy and denial of the sovereign decrees and will of God, who acts totally independently, and never contingently, upon the will of those His created beings.

Just as Christ wouldn't have been crucified had He not agreed. Willingness is a big priority with God.

No comparison should ever be made between creaturely willfulness and divine willfulness.

Of course Jesus Christ willed His crucifixion. It was part of the eternal Covenant of Redemption worked within the Godhead before creation.

Mary's human will was conformed to the will of God, way before the conception of Christ in her womb.

For you or anyone else to compare creaturely will with The Creator's will, is horrible error and the most false of all teachings.

Status
Not open for further replies.