NFL 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Everyone said Manning rode that defense to a ring. I'm not so sure his leadership/presence wasn't the difference maker. Because despite the statistics, no one is really afraid of this Broncos team, even with Trevor playing, statistically, much better than the 2015 Peyton and his defense holding solidly.
That's exactly right.

Manning made the right plays at the right time to help win games even in light of a poor offense.

Siemian is a good young player but seems to make too many poor decisions early and digs too big of a hole every game. He might be a good QB at some point but not yet.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
OK Sports Fans.

For tonight's game: At Seattle -15.5 Los Angeles

I wouldn't touch this one with a ten foot pole!
1. LA @ Sea: Seattle is a 14.5 fav. (ESPN) and the only question is whether the Rams can get that new coach bump to skew a point spread that should be made by a Seahawks team that underperformed last week. Will this be the GB/TB Seattle or the New England/Carolina beating monster? I don't know, but so far losses have led to a big rebound. I'm betting on that and the averages. Seattle.

Woot-woot! :eek: Now if I can make the rest of this potentially disastrous week work out as well I'm once again in tall cotton.

Final:

Rams 3
Seattle 24

My model had the likely score 7 - 24.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You're just too good!
It has been a fine prognosticating year for me, but this is the part of the schedule where it can get iffy. Or, the first few weeks you're guessing and adjusting like mad, then you have the core of competition. Now we're in the part where some teams will tank, some will play spoiler and others may rest players. So it's almost like being back at the beginning except for the teams in the hunt playing one another.

Jerry Shugart

So it's almost like being back at the beginning except for the teams in the hunt playing one another.

So the following game should be easy to pick since both teams are in the hunt for something important:

At Dallas -7
Tampa Bay

If you could find the time I would appreciate knowing which way you would go here.

Thanks!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So the following game should be easy to pick since both teams are in the hunt for something important:
Easier, but if it was easy there'd be no line from Vegas. And by next week there will be more wild card, which way are they playing teams. So it gets progressively harder to figure.

At Dallas -7
Tampa Bay
My model had Dallas by 6, but the differential here is over 10 and the odds out of the simulators I note away have Dallas covering the 7. I may change my pick on this one...Tampa is a middling defense, not bad against the pass, but weaker against the run. Worse for Tampa fans, their defense isn't great at applying pressure, with only Detroit, Indy, Cleveland and New Orleans having fewer defensive hurries. That should translate into Elliot being more effective and Dak having more time to read through his progression, which has been problematic of late.

On the other side of things, the Bucs are a middling offense, with some real balance between the rushing and passing attack. In this case that might not be such a great thing... Jameis is playing right on the edge of pro-bowl ball, but he needs more weapons. He has a few good rbs but none who have taken that next step and I'm always weary of the committee approach to the position.

Of course, Dallas is lousy at hurries as well, meaing Jameis might do more than a little damage himself. He'll have to, because you don't run against the Boys. That's a lot of pressure on the road.

I think I'm talking myself into a Dallas resurgence here. :think: I'm changing my pick to go with the differential and against my model. Dallas.

Jerry Shugart

The only reason the Cowboys are called "America's Team" is because the Steelers turned it down:

Sure!

Art Rooney had another of his wet dreams and couldn't tell fantasy from reality and then told his son this story. So Dan repeated this story to a third party then it was reported as fact about 25 years later. What a joke!

Since the Steeler fans are so jealous of the Cowboys' moniker they will believe anything, no matter how ridiculous, in order to think that the title of "America's Team" was really offered to them first!

Jerry Shugart

I think I'm talking myself into a Dallas resurgence here. :think: I'm changing my pick to go with the differential and against my model. Dallas.

I hope that you are right but I must say that I am not so sure that our rookie quarterback will be able to bounce back after a couple of poor outings.

This game will tell us a lot about Dak Prescott!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I hope that you are right but I must say that I am not so sure that our rookie quarterback will be able to bounce back after a couple of poor outings.

This game will tell us a lot about Dak Prescott!
I went against them in my initial pick, but this is a good team for him to get his confidence back with. The lack of pressure, the less than impressive run defense of Tampa bode well for him and for the Cowboys' running game. It's worth a gamble.

Jerry Shugart

I went against them in my initial pick, but this is a good team for him to get his confidence back with. The lack of pressure, the less than impressive run defense of Tampa bode well for him and for the Cowboys' running game. It's worth a gamble.

You are probably right but I worry about the pressure which Dak might already be under due to Jerry's remarks about Romo this past week.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Since the Steeler fans are so jealous of the Cowboys' moniker

LOL

There is absolutely nothing a Steeler's fan is jealous about when it comes to the Cowboys. The Steelers own the Cowboys.

Sorry, the truth about "America's Team" hurts you so much. The story was told by a Dallas Cowboy's coach who had nothing to do with the Steelers, other than being rejected as a Steeler's head coach.

The legendary, late, John Facenda (NFL Films narrator) said it best in 1979:

"There are 27 teams in pro football, and then there are the Pittsburgh Steelers".

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's December.

That means the Dallas Cowboys will collapse like a house of cards.

It's called "The Double-D-Curse".

The "Dallas and December" combo will continue to plague the Cowboys.

If you're a Cowboy's fan.....the worst thing you can hear right now is....."it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas......"

Jerry Shugart

LOLThere is absolutely nothing a Steeler's fan is jealous about when it comes to the Cowboys. The Steelers own the Cowboys.

Then why did the Cowboys beat the Steelers this year?

And why did the Cowboys beat the Steelers in the last Super Bowl when they faced off?

You are as delusional as Art Rooney was!

If you're a Cowboy's fan.....the worst thing you can hear right now is....."it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas......"

None of the Cowboy fans dread December, especially when you consider that the Boys' Decembers were fabulous when they put together twenty consecutive winning seasons. That is just another thing which makes the Steelers' fans jealous of the Boys.

That, and the fact that the Steelers are not America's Team but the Boys are. Can you really imagine Bradshaw as Captian America and not Staubach?

If you can, then you have a bigger imagination that I do!

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Can you really imagine Bradshaw as Captian America and not Staubach?

Bradshaw was 2-0 against Staubach in Super Bowls.

Here are the combined stats from Super Bowl's X and XIII:

Bradshaw: 527 yards.....6 TD's....1 INT.

Staubach: 432 yards.....5 TD's....4 INT's.

As we see above, Roger Staubach SUCKED, and Terry Bradshaw was GREAT, when they faced each other in the Super Bowl, which is why the Steelers won both Super Bowls.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
None of the Cowboy fans dread December

You should, the Cowboys have only won 2 post-season games the last 20 years.

The Steelers won twice as many (4 post-season games) in one year (2005).

The Steelers also won 3 post-season games in 2008. They won 2 post-season games in 2010.

That's three seasons where the Steelers have won as many, or more post-season games in ONE season than the Cowboys have won in TWENTY YEARS !!!!!

Just shows how much the Cowboys have sucked this century.

Status
Not open for further replies.