NFL 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'm glad for that Pats win which put Pittsburgh atop the AFC North.
I don't know that I ever told Tet, but the Steelers was my favorite team as a kid. I think the league is better when they and the Cowboys and the Packers are relevant. I'd like to see the Bears and Niners back in play too.

Daniel1769

I don't know that I ever told Tet, but the Steelers was my favorite team as a kid. I think the league is better when they and the Cowboys and the Packers are relevant. I'd like to see the Bears and Niners back in play too.

I'm from western PA, near Pittsburgh, so we're die hard here for the Steelers. The Niners and Bears both could be relevant if they got good quarterbacks. IMO, the QB issue has been the main problem for both teams.

Jerry Shugart

I don't know that I ever told Tet, but the Steelers was my favorite team as a kid.

You shouldn't have told tet that because that will give him one more thing to brag about.

Of course he will not answer what I said about him here:

You brag a lot about the fact that the Steelers have the highest winning percentage since the merger! However, the teams other than the Steelers in your division have only won two Super Bowls and have made an appearance in the Super Bowl only five times.

On the other hand, the teams other than the Cowboys in our division have won seven Super Bowls and have made twelve Super Bowl appearances.

No wonder the Steelers have the best winning percentage since the merger. And during the 46 years since the merger they have only won 18 more games than the Cowboys. That's less than a half a game a year.

If Dallas had been playing in your sorry division and Pittsburg had been playing in Dallas' division, the best division in the NFL, then Dallas would have had the highest winning percentage by far.​

Daniel1769

You shouldn't have told tet that because that will give him one more thing to brag about.

Of course he will not answer what I said about him here:

You brag a lot about the fact that the Steelers have the highest winning percentage since the merger! However, the teams other than the Steelers in your division have only won two Super Bowls and have made an appearance in the Super Bowl only five times.

On the other hand, the teams other than the Cowboys in our division have won seven Super Bowls and have made twelve Super Bowl appearances.

No wonder the Steelers have the best winning percentage since the merger. And during the 46 years since the merger they have only won 18 more games than the Cowboys. That's less than a half a game a year.

If Dallas had been playing in your sorry division and Pittsburg had been playing in Dallas' division, the best division in the NFL, then Dallas would have had the highest winning percentage by far.​

The AFC North has been consistently one of the best, and in many years, THE best division in football with three competitive teams. The Steelers are playing the Ravens twice, Cinci twice, the Pats, the Broncos, the Chiefs, etc. Cinci is garbage this year so the AFC North probably isn't the best division this year, whereas the NFC East is more competitive than usual, but look at their schedules.

Jerry Shugart

The AFC North has been consistently one of the best, and in many years, THE best division in football with three competitive teams. The Steelers are playing the Ravens twice, Cinci twice, the Pats, the Broncos, the Chiefs, etc. Cinci is garbage this year so the AFC North probably isn't the best division this year, whereas the NFC East is more competitive than usual, but look at their schedules.

Then why haven't the teams from the AFC North won more Super Bowls and more AFC championships?

Just compare the number of those things won by the teams in the AFC North with the Super Bowls and NFC Championships won by teams in the NFC East.

The NFC East has won 12 Super Bowls and the AFC North has won 8 Super Bowls. The NFC East has made appearances in the Super Bowl 20 times while the AFC North has only 13 appearances.

Daniel1769

Then why haven't the teams from the AFC North won more Super Bowls and more AFC championships?

Just compare the number of those things won by the teams in the AFC North with the Super Bowls and NFC Championships won by teams in the NFC East.

The NFC East has won 12 Super Bowls and the AFC North has won 8 Super Bowls. The NFC East has made appearances in the Super Bowl 20 times while the AFC North has only 13 appearances.

It's easier for the NFC East teams to get to the playoffs because their division is garbage, they get 6 garbage games plus the other easy schedules they have. Evem this year, the Cowboys don't play the steelers twice, ravens twice, cinci twice, new England, KC, Oakland, Denver, etc. They play the eagles, the redskins, the bears, and other trash teams. The Cowboys have a much better chance of getting into the playoffs than the AFC North teams do because they have easier schedules.

beloved57

Our last 3 games will be tough, two are with our south rivals, Carolina and New Orleans.And we bet not take San Francisco lightly.

Jerry Shugart

It's easier for the NFC East teams to get to the playoffs because their division is garbage, they get 6 garbage games plus the other easy schedules they have.

Why do the teams from the NFC East have so many more Super Bowl wins that the teams from the AFC North?

Why do the teams from the NFC East have more Super Bowl appearances than the teams from the AFC North?

It's not even close and you continue to insist that the AFC is the superior division of the two!

Jerry Shugart

Our last 3 games will be tough, two are with our south rivals, Carolina and New Orleans.And we bet not take San Francisco lightly.

Those should be easy games for Atlanta. I do not think that any of those teams are in contention for a playoff spot, are they?

Jerry Shugart

Nah, but division rivals can still be tough games. And San Francisco isn't a gimme, but should easily win that game.

I should tell you "good luck" but frankly, I don't want Atlanta to be in the playoffs. I do not look forward to the thought of the Cowboys playing them in the playoffs!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It's easier for the NFC East teams to get to the playoffs because their division is garbage, they get 6 garbage games plus the other easy schedules they have. Evem this year, the Cowboys don't play the steelers twice, ravens twice, cinci twice, new England, KC, Oakland, Denver, etc. They play the eagles, the redskins, the bears, and other trash teams. The Cowboys have a much better chance of getting into the playoffs than the AFC North teams do because they have easier schedules.

AFC W-L
North: 20-31-1
South: 22-30
East: 29-23
West: 33-19

NFC W-L
North: 26-26
South: 26-26
East: 32-19-1
West: 18-32-2

The NFC East has 3 out of 4 teams with a winning record and the loser of the bunch, Philly, can play. Only the AFC West has more combined wins. The Cowboys are contenders with a question mark at QB. Dak is the future, but can he lead them deep in the playoffs with rookie limitations and the book on him established? Or, do they walk the old man off the bench for a run at glory?

Meanwhile, Oakland and Denver, two very good teams, are on the verge of potentially eliminating each other. Well, you know, one of them. It's an interesting horse race here at the end of things.

Daniel1769

Why do the teams from the NFC East have so many more Super Bowl wins that the teams from the AFC North?

Why do the teams from the NFC East have more Super Bowl appearances than the teams from the AFC North?

It's not even close and you continue to insist that the AFC is the superior division of the two!

What year are we talking about?

NFC East teams have won two Superbowls since 2000. The NFC East has had four Superbowl appearances since 2000. Only one NFC East team has won a Superbowl since 2000

AFC North teams have won four Superbowls since 2000 with five Superbowl appearances. Two AFC North teams have won Superbowls since 2000.

The AFC as a conference has won 10 Superbowls since 2000. The NFC has won seven.

The AFC clearly has the edge in Superbowl victories this millennium.

Daniel1769

From the beginning the discussion was about the two different divisions since the merger. And the merger did not happen in 2000.

Ok, so the NFC East was relevant in days long, long past. This millennium, they aren't. The Giants are the only team in the NFC East that has been relevant this millennium. In the contemporary period, the AFC is the better conference, and the AFC North has been typically the best division.

Jerry Shugart

Ok, so the NFC East was relevant in days long, long past. This millennium, they aren't. The Giants are the only team in the NFC East that has been relevant this millennium. In the contemporary period, the AFC is the better conference, and the AFC North has been typically the best division.

You are still missing the point. Please read my response to what Tet said here:

I'm 52 years old, there is no one else my age that has experienced as much winning, for any other team, other than I have with the Steelers.

If Dallas had been playing in your sorry division and Pittsburg had been playing in Dallas' division, the best division in the NFL, then Dallas would have had the highest winning percentage by far.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
He did win two Super Bowls and might have won two more if it were not for the fact that he lost those two to the great, great defenses of the Steelers (there are now four Hall of Famers from that defensive team).

Correct, but there are FIVE Hall of Famers from the offense of that same team:

Terry Bradshaw
Franco Harris
Mike Webster
Lynn Swann
John Stalworth

As great as that defense was, it was Terry Bradshaw and Lynn Swan that spanked those Cowboy teams in those two Super Bowls.

In Super Bowl XIII, Bradshaw had 300 passing yards at halftime.

Daniel1769

You are still missing the point. Please read my response to what Tet said here:

If Dallas had been playing in your sorry division and Pittsburg had been playing in Dallas' division, the best division in the NFL, then Dallas would have had the highest winning percentage by far.

Pittsburgh is still relevant all these years later. In this millennium, the NFC East has been the worst division in the NFL and the AFC North has been the best. The only reason the Cowboys winning percentage has stayed up is because they play garbage teams on a regular basis, except for the Giants who have run that division for a decade, and are the only team in that division that has been superbowl relevant in my lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.